Celtic V Better Together Fc - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Better Together Fc

No it doesn't upset me but its nice to see you can make assumptions on my character like that. I wouldn't even be on here if we won today and the likes of KF wouldn't even enter my mind.

But you are on here, which is suggestive of my opinion rather than yours.

Whatever, it doesnt actually bother me one way or the other. My team won't be playing either of you for a good while yet.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men against boys in the second half unfortunately. Aberdeen squandering two great chances before celtic went up the other end and scored, killed it.

The Dons fans will be frustrated because some better finishing early on could have changed the whole shape of the game. In the end you were lucky it was only 4.

Defo a pen IMO and thought Brown was at fault for the first. All Heed did was stand his ground, not moving out of the way doesn't count as obstruction.

Celtics title now. Enjoy ya dicks :)

Someone like Christophe Berra or Gordon Greer would do well there. As for up front you need a more dynamic striker.

Rooney isn't the most mobile granted but with any two of McGinn, Hayes or Pawlett wide, that's fine. He's a goalscorer, decent in the air and good at holding it up/laying it off. As above, we need a goalie.

what? Aberdeen Made a heap of goal scoring chances but looked unable to finish, lacking a killer touch, lacking in teeth, toothless. Considine(?) should have scored at least one probably two...

In my opinion, toothless more suggests being incapable of making any chances and having no fight. On that basis, I don't think we are toothless. I think we are wasteful and have been for most of this season.

i think the goal just before HT after Aberdeen had missed the best of the chances before hand was a real sickener for them. And then when pushing for the equaliser, the conceding of such a silly pen finished them off.

The last half hour could have seen a bucketload if chances had been taken but the other thing that came through in that period, IMO, was Celtics fitness. Delia has been keen to improve that and implement the pressing game....and its starting to show dividends. Celtic certainly didn't look the side who had played a hard game and with 10 men for about an hour on Thursday, Aberdeen looked the ones who who looked like they were flagging, whether that was tiredness or just dispirited from the score line I don't know.

Bit of both Mike

People are quick to criticise and scream "THATS PURE SHITE" instead of talking our game up because make no mistake those two teams today are actually alright.

TBH having seen both teams over the last month I feared for us today even though we had been gubbing teams pretty easily ourselves.Both Inter games where Celtic played really well were the clincher.

i think the goal just before HT after Aberdeen had missed the best of the chances before hand was a real sickener for them. And then when pushing for the equaliser, the conceding of such a silly pen finished them off.

The last half hour could have seen a bucketload if chances had been taken but the other thing that came through in that period, IMO, was Celtics fitness. Delia has been keen to improve that and implement the pressing game....and its starting to show dividends. Celtic certainly didn't look the side who had played a hard game and with 10 men for about an hour on Thursday, Aberdeen looked the ones who who looked like they were flagging, whether that was tiredness or just dispirited from the score line I don't know.

Deila deserves a huge amount of credit for the levels of fitness. In the early days when things were't going well, he didn't flinch & stuck to his guns that our players should be proper athletes. Getting everyone to buy into that can't have been easy when the results weren't happening.

It's very refreshing to see.

Bit of both Mike

People are quick to criticise and scream "THATS PURE SHITE" instead of talking our game up because make no mistake those two teams today are actually alright.

TBH having seen both teams over the last month I feared for us today even though we had been gubbing teams pretty easily ourselves.Both Inter games where Celtic played really well were the clincher.

Yep some of the stuff played in second half was good, quick tempo, kept the ball well.

It's the first time Ive really watched Aberdeen this season and I was impressed by first half. Quite a few chances created, just fell to wrong people (Considine). Some saying they are toothless but they have top scorer in SPL and if Rooney had been playing for us second half he would have had 2 or 3 based on chances we passed up in last 30 mins.

KPS mentioned in other match thread that credit should be given to Aberdeen for their consistency to this point, that's true too. The reason the leagues been done in the past by now is all the other teams have taken points from each other. The difference when 1 side can avoid falling into that category and string a set of wins together is actually very good for all Scottish football as it keeps the interest levels far higher.

Bit of both Mike

I think any fair minded, reasonable person will recognise that it wasn't 'pure shite' that was on show today.

On the balance of play, especially the first half i don't think anyone could have seen that score line. Aberdeen have proven they are a good side, Celtic are still just too strong for them.

That's two games this season you boys could and should have taken something, yet celtic have run out winners. It's not coincidence and it certainly doesn't make you shite.

If I was a dons man I would be hoping we could hang on to our better players and manager, as there seems to be a real feel good factor at the minute.

Celtic have that too just now, the difference is they also have much bigger resources to kick on again.

Will Aberdeen be able to do the same? I certainly hope so as it's been a lot more interesting this season and that can only be good for the game overall.

Yep some of the stuff played in second half was good, quick tempo, kept the ball well.

It's the first time Ive really watched Aberdeen this season and I was impressed by first half. Quite a few chances created, just fell to wrong people (Considine). Some saying they are toothless but they have top scorer in SPL and if Rooney had been playing for us second half he would have had 2 or 3 based on chances we passed up in last 30 mins.

KPS mentioned in other match thread that credit should be given to Aberdeen for their consistency to this point, that's true too. The reason the leagues been done in the past by now is all the other teams have taken points from each other. The difference when 1 side can avoid falling into that category and string a set of wins together is actually very good for all Scottish football as it keeps the interest levels far higher.

Aberdeen haven't been beaten in over three months and the first thing people will say to me at work tomorrow is "you're shite !!"

It is a shame if that's the case.

EK always came across as a decent chap.

Have to agree. There are always clashes in this sort of environment. Some of it does go too far IMO.

I'll argue back like anyone else but i don't think you can take it too seriously.

Perhaps we should organise a tamb Bevvy session so some folk can kiss and make up? :)

Edited by Angus_Young

Have to agree. There are always clashes in this sort of environment. Some of it does go too far IMO.

I'll argue back like anyone else but i don't think you can take it too seriously.

Perhaps we should organise a tamb Bevvy session so some folk can kiss and make up? :)

Aye, at the end of the day it's only an internet messageboard; not to be taken too seriously.