Games You've Attended Being A Neutral - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Games You've Attended Being A Neutral

Went to Brann Bergen v Viking Stavanger last summer with probably the worst hangover I've ever had!

Went to Dundee v Queen of the South a few seasons ago, because I was in Dundee and too hungover to drive home.

Others off the top of my head.

Clyde v Cowdenbeath

Ayr Utd v Forfar

Everton v Sheffield United

Everton v Man City

Newcastle v everton

Man Utd v athletic bilbao

Man Utd v Bursaspor

Rangers v Clyde

Rangers v Dundee Utd x 2

Rangers v Airdrie (only time I ever wanted both teams to lose!)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amongst others:

Celtic v Rangers (1989 Cup Final....horrible atmosphere)

QPR v Chelsea (1988...shocking crowd trouble)

chelsea v Middlesborough (play off 2nd leg 1989.....shocking crowd trouble)

Universidad de Chile v Colo Colo (post Santiago marathon 2005...5 red cards, 60,000 fans, terrible violence)

)

Hooligan!!

Way back in the 1970's I went to quite a few East Fife and Raith Rovers home games as a neutral.

I went to Old Trafford to watch Man U v Dundee United in a European game (went to the return game at Tannadump too). Cannae mind the year.

Cardiff v Barnsley and Newport v Millwall back in the 80's

I'm visiting Kraków in a couple of weeks, so planning to go to Wisła Kraków v Zawisza Bydgoszcz

Edited by tam fae kofta

Total football addict and been to 100s of games as a neutral over the years. Even when I got married in the states I still managed to get along to see MLS cup final between New York Red Bulls and Columbus Crew. Scaled it back a little in the last year following the birth of my daughter but this season still been to see following:

Edinburgh City v Raith Rovers - preseason friendly

Spartans v Berwick Rangers - preseason friendly

Vale of Leithen v Edinburgh City

Spartans v Edinburgh City

Aberdeen East End v Inverness City

Edinburgh City v Dalbeattie Star

Edinburgh City v Selkirk

Whitehill Welfare v Gretna

Spartans v Vale of Leithen

Craigroyston v Spartans EOS

Edinburgh Uni v Selkirk

Edinburgh City v East Kilbride

Turriff Utd v Formartine Utd

Edinburgh City v Gala

Spartans v Whitehill Welfare

Edinburgh City v Preston Ath

Spartans v Edinburgh Uni

Edinburgh City v Vale of Leithen

Spartans v Edinburgh City

Spartans v Vale of Leithen

I was hearts end so I saw the whole game :lol:

:-)):ok:

have been to loads, did a season where i tried to tick off all the Scottish Grounds in one season before my wife put her foot down around March time so i did see a lot as a netural.

Have been to loads of others, the stand outs are probably

Dundee United 5-0 Aberdeen, one one where Windass got sent off several times, was in the Aberdeen end that day and it was a great laugh

St Johnstone 2 United 3 - the season United were nearly relegated and came back from 2-0 down, was in the Saints end that day as were hundreds and hundreds of united fans.

Newcastle 4 Troyes 4 in the intertoto cup final, think newcastle went out on away goals after a late comback but the atmostphere was amazing

England 1 Portugal 1 - portugal win on penalties, had a lot of fun that day sitting in between my English wife and English brother in law

St Johnstone 2 United 0 - cup final last season, was a great day

Ipswich 5 Bolton 3 - second leg of the play off semi after a 2-2 draw, Burleys Ipswich staged a late recovery to beat a 9 an bolton team in extra time,

Ipswich 4 Barnsley 2 - The final, think it was the last at the old wembley, was a great day

Oxford 3 York 1 - Conference play off final at Wembley, first visit to the new Wembley and was great being in the 35,000 strong Oxford end

Man Utd 3 Man City 1 - league cup semi, Man Utd won 4-3 on aggregate think it was tevez first game back at old trafford

Gretna v Morton - Gretna's first game in the Scottish League.

Elgin v Morton - drove all the way from Edinburght listening to the radio as games were being cancelled but luckily the game went on.

I lived in London in the late 80s and used to go and watch QPR and Chelsea as they were the closest grounds to where I lived. Chelsea were in the old second division and were rubbish.

Loads of Aberdeen games in the 90s. My mate was a Dandie and didn't get up to Pittodrie often so anytime they played in the Glasgow area I'd go along with him if Rangers weren't at home. One that sticks in my mind is a game at Parkhead that was abandoned after about half an hour because of fog!

Was also at St Mirren's 87 semi and final although I being a Linwood boy I wasn't really neutral there and was routing for the Buds.

Liverpool v Everton 2-2

Bolton v Wigan 4-0

Sunderland v QPR............ Left at half time because it was beyond dire and 0-0. Match finished 3-2

Raith v rangers 2-1

Celtic v raith 4-0

Peterhead v Celtic......... I Didn't know who to hate more :-) 0-3

Most memorable was an evening Copa del Rey game between Tenerife and Athletico Madrid in Santa Cruz around 1999. It was a full house and I was sat in the back row of an open stand. The view down to the pitch created a nauseous feeling. Half time came with Tenerife winning 1-0and every light in the stadium went out. We sat in total darkness for about 20 mins with only flickers from lighters. Eventually power was restored and Athletico came back to win 2-1 thanks to the most biased refereeing display I have ever seen. Turned out the Unelco electricity company only turned the power back on when an outstanding bill was settled in cash at halftime!

Hooligan!!

aha i did think someone may pick up on that........however, there is always the likelihood of trouble at : Old and Infirm cup finals, a match at which Chelsea get relegated and the Santiago derby (fans were lighting fires in the terracing then throwing burning wooden planks (from seating) at the riot police)

Been to Hundreds. I used to work at Loftus Road on match days when I moved to London in 1990 so have seen many games.

I was at Sampdoria v Barcelona European cup final In 1992.

I used to go to games at various London clubs But don't bother anymore. I prefer to go and watch Rugby at London Scottish.

Everton v Liverpool at Anfield Graeme Sharp scored for Everton from about 40 yards 1-0 to Everton

Everton v Liverpool Goodison 0-0

Liverpool v Spurs Anfield FA Cup game 1-0 Liverpool

Rangers v Hibs to see George Best play

Estonia v Portugal Tallin 3-0 Portugal I think

Arsenal v Liverpool League Cup Final 2-1 Arsenal,Charli Nik scored twice, First time Ian Rush scored for Liverpool and they lost

Man Utd v Arsenal canny mind the score

Had tickets for Arsenal v Liverpool league decider but was same day as a weekend trip Paris already paid for,Gutted to this day we missed it

Been to a few over the years, particularly early to mid-nineties when I was living in High Wycombe. Went to a few Wanderers games, and a few at Highbury and White Hart Lane. Been to Anfield and St James' Park. Great atmosphere at The Dell, but I hated Stamford Bridge, The Den and Elland Road.

Craziest by far was Plymouth-Exeter at Home Park. Absolute bedlam inside and outside the ground, pitch invasion, the lot.

Been to a few over the years, particularly early to mid-nineties when I was living in High Wycombe. Went to a few Wanderers games, and a few at Highbury and White Hart Lane. Been to Anfield and St James' Park. Great atmosphere at The Dell, but I hated Stamford Bridge, The Den and Elland Road.

Craziest by far was Plymouth-Exeter at Home Park. Absolute bedlam inside and outside the ground, pitch invasion, the lot.

I remember Exeter coming to Old Trafford a few years ago and caused mayhem. :yikes3: Edited by jock strap

Lots and lots!

Swansea v Bristol Rovers (DIV 1)

Swansea V Hull City (EPL)

Portsmouth v Sunderland (to watch Craig Gordon)

York City v Fulham (fa cup)

York City v Middlesbrough

York City v Morecambe

Leeds v Swindon (leauge cup, Goalie Paul Robinson scored to take it to penaltys)

Leeds v Middlesbrough

Leeds v Bolton

Leicester v Leeds

Brighton v Ipswich

Brighton v Nots Forrest

Brighton v leeds Utd x2

Brighton v Palace (play off semi)

Brighton v Blackpool

Brighton v Newcastle

Brighton v Watford

Cardiff v Villa (amazing Marshall save)

Southampton v Palace