Champions League Round Of 16 - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champions League Round Of 16

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, PSG were plucky underdogs. 1 Frenchman in their team and owned by the Qatari government. Also a horrible club in many aspects.

I wouldn't care if they were owned by Al Qaeda they still wouldn't be as lowlife as Chelsea.

at least PSG knock the ball about, aren't looking to fall over anytime a player comes within a few feet of them, don't roll about as though they have a broken leg when they haven't even been touched, don't chase and Harry the ref trying to get players sent off.

A victory for football.

I wouldn't care if they were owned by Al Qaeda they still wouldn't be as lowlife as Chelsea.

at least PSG knock the ball about, aren't looking to fall over anytime a player comes within a few feet of them, don't roll about as though they have a broken leg when they haven't even been touched, don't chase and Harry the ref trying to get players sent off.

A victory for football.

So you didn't watch the game then. From the when I starred watching it PSG were as bad if not worse than chelseacfor rolling about, going down at the slightest touch and surrounding the ref at every free kick.

So you didn't watch the game then. From the when I starred watching it PSG were as bad if not worse than chelseacfor rolling about, going down at the slightest touch and surrounding the ref at every free kick.

Get over the fact that your team got beat tonight.

Quite clearly it was you who didn't watch it. I was urging PSG players to do it and get Chelsea players sent off but they didn't. They got up and got on with it.

Great to see Carragher and Souness getting stuck into the way Chelsea cheat and playact. Well done for saying it as it is.

Quite clearly it was you who didn't watch it. I was urging PSG players to do it and get Chelsea players sent off but they didn't. They got up and got on with it.

Great to see Carragher and Souness getting stuck into the way Chelsea cheat and playact. Well done for saying it as it is.

Gary Neville likewise.

Gained a lot of respect for him tonight. Sounded as though he may have reined in what he really wanted to say a couple of times, too.

I find it strange that the commentators have never once said it never touched his paw but have just trotted out what you have.

Surely the ball has to actually touch the hand for it to be handball?

It didn't in the 2 replays and one live feed I have seen.

But maybe I need my eyes tested? :-))

Haha aye good point. What I meant was it actually looks like he is trying to Palm it away. Balloon. It looked like it brushed his hand from one angle but pretty much impossible to tell for sure.

Anyway some finish to the game. Totally agree with Souness. Chelsea got what they deserved. Carragher was also very honest in his assessment of the English game I thought.

Have to say though there was plenty of PSG players going down like big lassies too. The way silva went down from Costas push was hillarious. Chelsea are at that sort of thing all game every game though and have been for years. Finally seems to have caught up with them.

Edited by Angus_Young

Happy days seeing the chelsea cheats go out as for costa if he concentrated on playing hes decent but he justs wants to fanny about and wind folk up.MAGNIFIQUE

Said that about him many times. Blistering start to the season too.

I can never mind him being that much of a tosser whilst with atletico? Did watch them a good few times as well.

Funnily enough, in a lot of ways the game last night was like a throwback to the sadly missed European nights of the 70's and 80's.

Lots of niggly fouls, some barely concealed aggression, diving, play-acting, surrounding a poor referee.

For you youngsters out there...that's how European football often used to be.

Maybe we've just got used to the sanitised Champions League stuff.

I can never mind him being that much of a tosser whilst with atletico? Did watch them a good few times as well.

Ohh he was, and much more. The Madrid derby's with him noising up Ramos and Pepe were the usual highlight of his mentalness. I am sure the pair of them were scared of him, he used to just go for them from the start. Also have a Google, you will be able to see clips of him gobbing on Ramos a couple of times in one game. An absolute nutjob.

Loving all the hate on here today. I was at the game last night so thankfully didn't have to put up with Sky, Souness and Carragher that's an unbiased panel and Souness in particular is hardly one to talk.

Anyway, no complaints whatsoever about the result, beaten by the better team on the night. I think PSG actually played better after they went a man down. Cavani put in an awesome shift, any time I've seen him before I thought he was two bob, I was really impressed with him.

Thought the referee had a complete stinker for both sides, shouldn't have been a sending off for Ibrahimovic but he missed Luiz's elbow on Costa and also Costa's push late in the game and him being pushed over by Cavani in the first half for a penalty. So the bad decisions maybe evened themselves out but it's still not good enough and God only knows what those guys at the side of the goal do.

Personally I thought PSG were too easy to go down and were looking to get people into trouble but I'm biased so would think that. At least I'll admit my bias.

One final thing regarding the sending off, a lot of talk of Chelsea players trying to get Ibrahimovic sent off but - and I had a good view of this at the time - the red card came out straight away, before anyone approached him so it's wrong to say that they influenced the decision, the referee got it wrong on his own.

One final thing regarding the sending off, a lot of talk of Chelsea players trying to get Ibrahimovic sent off but - and I had a good view of this at the time - the red card came out straight away, before anyone approached him so it's wrong to say that they influenced the decision, the referee got it wrong on his own.

True, but John Terry still managed to stand on Oscar's head in his rush to get to the ref :lol: