Champions League Round Of 16 - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champions League Round Of 16

Especially with monacos defensive record

Have to agree. They have got the job done already IMO. They were a lot more open than I expected them to be. Really can't see Arsenal getting those sorts of chances again.

Good game of football though, I'm usually a bit underwhelmed by the CL but I enjoyed that.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was great to see the arrogance of the English media blow up in their faces. They thought Arsenal's passage to the next round was certain and Arsenal played like they did too.

Even after the game, with the interview to Berbatov "how did you make Arsenal look so average and Monaco so good?" Eh? Because Arsenal are pretty average, Stoke pumped the last month FFS. :lol:

Very pleasing.

Was great to see the arrogance of the English media blow up in their faces. They thought Arsenal's passage to the next round was certain and Arsenal played like they did too.

Even after the game, with the interview to Berbatov "how did you make Arsenal look so average and Monaco so good?" Eh? Because Arsenal are pretty average, Stoke pumped the last month FFS. :lol:

Very pleasing.

They had totally written Monaco off as you say. Monaco are a decent side with some very good players.

Wenger will be delighted that Arsenal got pumped out of the Champions League as he can now focus his players on trying to qualify for next season's Champions League.

Sums up what's wrong with fitba these days. As long as the big boys get their CL money each year all is well.

Champions League - rewarding mediocrity since 1992...

Wenger will be delighted that Arsenal got pumped out of the Champions League as he can now focus his players on trying to qualify for next season's Champions League.

It's difficult to understand what Arsenal are trying to achieve. All they're doing is standing still.

It's difficult to understand what Arsenal are trying to achieve. All they're doing is standing still.

Although I heard some bizarre comment on talk sport on my way home last night.

Apparently Wenger is useful in Europe as he's lost 3 european finals.... Surely getting to the final is the hard part?

They haven't done as well the last few years, but they were in a few semis too.

I'm sure he'd rather have been in 1 final and won it, but to write him off as a failure in Europe using that as supporting evidence is ludicrous in my eyes.

It says a lot about football these days mind you that Arsenal qualify every year, but haven't won the league in about 15 years.

It says a lot about football these days mind you that Arsenal qualify every year, but haven't won the league in about 15 years.

Indeed. Do you fund it with a Sky Sports subscription?

Although unlikely it would be funny if Everton won the Europa league and qualified for the champions league ahead of spurs and liverpool.

Do the UEFA Cup winners get in to the Champions League now? Surely they should just automatically qualify for the group stages so they can defend their trophy?!

Do the UEFA Cup winners get in to the Champions League now? Surely they should just automatically qualify for the group stages so they can defend their trophy?!

Aye they've changed it

Starting from this edition, the UEFA Europa League winners will automatically qualify for the subsequent UEFA Champions League season if they do not qualify for the Champions League through their domestic performance.[5]Therefore, the winners of this tournament will qualify for the 2015–16 UEFA Champions League. They will enter at least the play-off round, and will enter the group stage if the berth reserved for the Champions League title holders is not used.

Guess they had to do something to try and give it a bit more 'prestige'

Indeed. Do you fund it with a Sky Sports subscription?

No, I watch my in-laws sky go on my tablet.

The bubble will burst, the price is starting to become a bit of an issue for many folk (based on my anecdotal evidence), when a good broadband connection can get you a decent stream of most games.

Aye they've changed it

Guess they had to do something to try and give it a bit more 'prestige'

The CL has lost any prestige it ever had as well. You can guess the sides that will make it to the last 8 and you would probably get at least 7 right

The bubble will burst, the price is starting to become a bit of an issue for many folk (based on my anecdotal evidence), when a good broadband connection can get you a decent stream of most games.

Surely with all these online petitions these days someone must have started one to boycott the sky sports subscription for next season?the new deal for the league is only goin to mean one thing and it's time ex players stopped getting these "pundit" jobs. The day I saw Dwight York given the title "football analyst" made me want to be sick. Absolute parasites. GTF

Surely with all these online petitions these days someone must have started one to boycott the sky sports subscription for next season?the new deal for the league is only goin to mean one thing and it's time ex players stopped getting these "pundit" jobs. The day I saw Dwight York given the title "football analyst" made me want to be sick. Absolute parasites. GTF

Who else would you give a pundit job to rather than people who have played the game?

Have to agree. I do have Sky but only because I get it less than half price. I'm finding I watch less and less fitba though. Will watch a big epl game and some scottish games but that's about it now. The same boring pish week after week.

I like it for the darts, golf, snooker and tennis though so I wouldn't cancel.

Who else would you give a pundit job to rather than people who have played the game?

Aye but does football really need so many of them? The amount of pundits on sky is obscene to say the least, all these ex pros sapping money out the game. (Not as much as the current players granted). It's as if sky are trying dumb folk down into thinking that "football analyst" is an important position. Anybody can pick wholes in a game and spot shocking defending in a game it's just stating the obvious and you don't need folk to be paid hundreds and thousands for half an hour after the game. You look at bbc and the amount of pundits they've got now. Danny Murphy, Phil Neville, fkin Robbie savage, shearer, Lawrencen need I go on...the country doesent need all these folk to be be paid for talking about football, it's fkin ludicrous. Edited by JECK