Champions League Round Of 16 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champions League Round Of 16

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant to see Messi back to his best again. He faded out the World Cup & his form at Barca wasn't great for a good while, but seems to be panic over.

With all the English clubs out, it will be guid to enjoy the Champions League now. Diffuclt to pick a winner between Bayern or Barca for me.

Some cracking ties in the quarters:

Paris St-Germain v Barcelona

Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid

Porto v Bayern Munich

Juventus v Monaco

A repeat of last year's final and also a repeat of the 1987 European Cup final when Porto beat Bayern Munich...

I thought it had been overturned?

He misses the first leg. UEFA can't overturn a red unless it's mistaken identity apparently.

Hope PSG do it, it'd be nice to have 4 different countries represented in the semis. Just like the old days...

All current champions too. When did that last happen?...

To answer my own question, seeing as it's Friday night and I'd some time, the last time only league champions made the semis was 1996 - when only champions still entered the CL...