Brian Mcclair Considered For Wotte Replacement - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brian Mcclair Considered For Wotte Replacement

wanderer

Ah right so I have a differing opinion and I become Ally McCoist. I tell you what you find me a club riddled with boardroom chaos and anarchy that can remain successful on the pitch - you will still be looking around for such an instance come next Xmas. And I am neither a Rangers or a McCoist fan - just a realist.

I think Rangers boardroom chaos is unique but all the evidence from the last 3 years points to Mccoist being a shocking manager on and off the pitch.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let the Rangers fans take it from here, I think the majority will agree he's not been a good manager and they got promoted twice inspite of mccoist instead of because of him.

I can't see how he can be judged though managing in chaotic circumstances is my point and in any case he still got them promotion through all that turmoil. So that being the case he has achieved exactly what even the greatest manager in the world would have achieved in terms of getting them back to the verge of the SPL (maybe) so I think Gers fans are more irate at the board shenanigans more than anything.

I can't see how he can be judged though managing in chaotic circumstances is my point and in any case he still got them promotion through all that turmoil. So that being the case he has achieved exactly what even the greatest manager in the world would have achieved in terms of getting them back to the verge of the SPL (maybe) so I think Gers fans are more irate at the board shenanigans more than anything.

The board chaos wouldn't be as big an issue if Rangers had Hearts league position. McCoists first real challenge was this season and he failed miserably.

The board chaos wouldn't be as big an issue if Rangers had Hearts league position. McCoists first real challenge was this season and he failed miserably.

Yes Hearts HAD boardroom chaos but that was ironed out pretty quickly where Rangers chaos has been rumbling on since their reformation. Hearts have not had boardoom chaos this year - Rangers have.

A clubs league position has more to do with just a stable boardroom.

A stable boardroom helps a great deal and Rangers are a club in anarchy - there is no hiding from that. Boardroom riddled with in-fighting and fractions and people with their own cliches and agendas, fans alienating themselves from the club and continued financial uncertainty is NOT condusive to putting any great form together on the pitch with so much going on in players heads.

A stable boardroom helps a great deal and Rangers are a club in anarchy - there is no hiding from that. Boardroom riddled with in-fighting and fractions and people with their own cliches and agendas, fans alienating themselves from the club and continued financial uncertainty is NOT condusive to putting any great form together on the pitch with so much going on in players heads.

While a lot of that is true I don't think it excuses poor management. Rangers have massively underperformed this season, an admission I'm sure a majority of fans would agree with. Anyway, that's enough posts about mccoist and Rangers, doubt we'll agree.

I would. He brought Cathro to United and started the whole performance school thing moving.

This ^^^ say what you want about avril but he did have some fore thought when it came to youth development.

Even as a Rangers fan the last thing I would want is Smith involved in picking Scotlands next youth head. I've never seen a manager less trusting of youth players (only mccoist comes close).

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

I'll let the Rangers fans take it from here, I think the majority will agree he's not been a good manager and they got promoted twice inspite of mccoist instead of because of him.

Yep Rangers fan here - McCoist very against nurturing youth and was undoubtedly a poor manager.

This has nothing to do with Walter Smiths abilities though and regardless it's all well off topic!

"Make sure your elbows are sharp wee man, like Gascogne"

Am sure he made his debut once 9 inarow was won then didn't make any appearance the following season when they were goin for 10 so it's hardly nurturing talent. Once advocaat saw him he built the team around him.

Jeezo, that was horrific.

1. If anything Rangers are a dictatorship under Ashley's control at the moment, couldn't be further from anarchy if they tried.

2. See point 1 in relation to the "boardroom in-fighting".

3. You have thrown around more "cliches" in this thread than a tabloid journo, and not even fractions of cliches, whole big whopping ones.

4. The club are alienating the fans, the fans aren't alienating themselves.

Don't think I have read a more bagoshite comment on this forum ever. And thats saying something. Its like it was originally written in a foreign language and then fired through Google Translate 4 or 5 times.