Why The F*ck Was Wee Barry Awarded An Mbe... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why The F*ck Was Wee Barry Awarded An Mbe...

Ferguson got his MBE in 2006 for "services to football."

The honours list is a strange, outdated beast - even the name - that's pretty irrelevant unless you move up to become a Lord/Baroness.

The poster weebarrysgotanmbe activity dropped significantly when Rangers dropped down the leagues, he reappeared a bit during the referendum but hasn't been seen since soon after the vote.

Ferguson got his MBE in 2006 for "services to football."

The honours list is a strange, outdated beast - even the name - that's pretty irrelevant unless you move up to become a Lord/Baroness.

The poster weebarrysgotanmbe activity dropped significantly when Rangers dropped down the leagues, he reappeared a bit during the referendum but hasn't been seen since soon after the vote.

Thanks. Must have expunged all this from my memory. Thought it was maybe services to the English language.☺

They are a fecking nonsense. David Cameron's hairdresser has one, as does that fat unfunny twat James Corden. In fact his might be an OBE.

On a side note, I always thought Ferguson wasted his talent and certainly should have madea much bigger impact at international level. Outstanding young player when he first came through, always looking to drive forward and take the game by the scruff and make things happen. Undoubtedly had some great times and of course has the medals and awards to back that up, but I felt like he had to ability to play at a high level for the duration of his career. Instead he gradually started to decline and it just sort of petered out. Sent out on loan to Fleetwood FFS?!!!

Attitude, application, professionalism, drive,motivation. Take your pick, they were probably all in question at some stage, which is a shame as I never thought his ability as a footballer was,

Unbeaten in their last 3. Only won one of the 7 prior to that though with 5 of them defeats!

Thick khunt and shite professional Barry Ferguson makes a shite manager, who'd have thunk it?!?!

I thot he got one cos Larson was getting one and they cant give a Cellic guy one withoot givin a Rangers guy one... :wtf::wtf:

guid ole west of Scotland.

Whether Larson deserved one or not , I don't know.

The whole thing is a joke..

wtf is The British Empire anyhoo.....

wtf is The British Empire anyhoo.....

Good question that.

According to Wikipedia, as of 16/02/2015, the last remnants of the British Empire are

Akrotiri and Dhekelia bases in Cyprus and British Indian Ocean Territory which are for military use.

Then there's the more populated islands and enclaves - Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn Islands, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands.

British Antarctic Territory which is a huge landmass with only a handful of scientists and researchers living there. It's also partly claimed by Argentina and Chile.

Our glorious overseas empire totals approximately 350,000 people and 667,018 square miles of territory but British Antartctic Territory makes up 660,000 square miles of it.

The boards resident Brit Nats will probably have a wee tear in their eye reading that.

Keigan Parker was fantastic for a couple of years at Blackpool. Scored one of the best goals ever at Wembley (seriously) in the playoff final against Yeovil. Next season in Championship he was total guff. Although his finest moment in Blackpool was being involved in an incident in a massage parlour - he claimed he had only gone in there to use the phone as his battery had died on his mobile allegedly.