Scottish Constituency Polling Thread - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Constituency Polling Thread

Actually, when we went round the table and asked the new members their thoughts and opinions etc,, Most were ex Labour, who voted YES, they all gave there reasons for voting yes, and wanted to take it further.

He stood up and said I voted NO, we were stunned, and he told us why, mainly he was taken in by the media and the vow....he had been non political and was a switherer, the vow comforted him,

People like these are not Idiots, we need them , and we need to know why they voted no,

The billy Brits will always be naws, but the swayers are the ones we need to bring on board and show/tell them what its really all about.

Well said.

Insulting people wont help.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the SNP are adding insult to Dougie Alexander's injuries by pitting a 20 year old steamer against him!

aye, she is a wee bit passionate.... to put it one way

But as Iain McWhirter said on the Radio the other day, Doogie was out polled by no one, as no one had been picked yet..

TBH I cannae see her winning , and I am on her Election planning team,,,,

sssh dinae tell anyone...

I see the SNP are adding insult to Dougie Alexander's injuries by pitting a 20 year old steamer against him!

Who's that?

Edit: just seen, aye - she looks like a rocket!

Do the SNP not vet their candidates?! Surely there must be someone more suitable if they are serious about taking Doogies seat?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/revealed-what-snp-candidate-paisley-5118483

Edited by Maq

This shows the daily record in a far worse light in my view. They have been trawling through the twitter and facebook page of what was then a teenage girl, going years into the past, to find any comments that they can use against her.

This bit is probably the most pathetic part of the article:

Another of her posts said: “Woke up beside half a can of Tennents and a full pizza and more money than I came out with. I call that a success!”

Scottish Labour’s Paisley South West councillor Jacqueline Henry said she was disgusted by the tweets. She said: “Comments like this from a person who seeks to represent the people of Paisley are unacceptable

“As a woman and a mother, I think these comments are in the worst possible taste, and her remarks about Celtic fans raise the most serious questions about her suitability to hold public office.

Why would they even print that tweet, from years ago, about a teenager waking up beside a pizza and a beer. Totally irrelevant.

This shows the daily record in a far worse light in my view. They have been trawling through the twitter and facebook page of what was then a teenage girl, going years into the past, to find any comments that they can use against her.

This bit is probably the most pathetic part of the article:

Another of her posts said: “Woke up beside half a can of Tennents and a full pizza and more money than I came out with. I call that a success!”

Scottish Labour’s Paisley South West councillor Jacqueline Henry said she was disgusted by the tweets. She said: “Comments like this from a person who seeks to represent the people of Paisley are unacceptable

“As a woman and a mother, I think these comments are in the worst possible taste, and her remarks about Celtic fans raise the most serious questions about her suitability to hold public office.

Why would they even print that tweet, from years ago, about a teenager waking up beside a pizza and a beer. Totally irrelevant.

Of course it is, but she's up against a Labour 'big gun' whose seat now suddenly looks like being in jeopardy. Labour will chuck every bit of dirt they kind find on any SNP candidate out there via outlets like the Record. It's what they do.

It is pretty creepy that they have stored tweets the lassie made years ago but they did something similar to David Kerr who stood in the Glasgow North East by-election in 2009 (Kerr was/is a journalist too, I think, which makes it disappointing that he wasn't a bit more savvy) and to Natalie McGarry in Cowdenbeath last year (McGarry doesn't appear to have learnt from that experience either, hence my reservations about her candidacy).

So instead of Mhairi Black being given a platform to talk about SNP policies and what she can do for the local area etc., she'll be fielding questions about why she hates Celtic and other such pish.

I fvkking hate celtic too. She'd get my vote.

Ditto. :ok:

Actually, when we went round the table and asked the new members their thoughts and opinions etc,, Most were ex Labour, who voted YES, they all gave there reasons for voting yes, and wanted to take it further.

He stood up and said I voted NO, we were stunned, and he told us why, mainly he was taken in by the media and the vow....he had been non political and was a switherer, the vow comforted him,

People like these are not Idiots, we need them , and we need to know why they voted no,

The billy Brits will always be naws, but the swayers are the ones we need to bring on board and show/tell them what its really all about.

:lol: Telt.

aye, she is a wee bit passionate.... to put it one way

But as Iain McWhirter said on the Radio the other day, Doogie was out polled by no one, as no one had been picked yet..

TBH I cannae see her winning , and I am on her Election planning team,,,,

sssh dinae tell anyone...

I said here ages ago that the problem the SNP would have at the GE is they will have to field some absolute ####wits as the best people they will have will already be in Holyrood. Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of fannys on here got asked.

The chance of the SNP getting embarrassed by someone completely out their depth is huge.

I said here ages ago that the problem the SNP would have at the GE is they will have to field some absolute ####wits as the best people they will have will already be in Holyrood. Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of fannys on here got asked.

The chance of the SNP getting embarrassed by someone completely out their depth is huge.

Might be one of the reasons they proposed having non-SNP members standing for them?

Can't see the prospect of being represented by a 20 year old as being a vote winner. Unless you want to put your constituency into the record books...

Edited by Toepoke

Mhairi Black, Paisley N:

1. Ladbrokes SNP 4/6 fav. From 12/1 in Oct 2014.

2. Paisley Ref Vote 47%.

3. Paisley SNP MSP.

4. SNP Swing reqd 21%. National average SNP swing currently predicted 25%.

5. Electoral Calculus prediction: 56% probability SNP.

6. may2015.com predicted SNP majority 20%.

7. Labour $hit List published in Sunday Herald 25/1/15: Labour voter contact "less than 100" i.e. few Lab footsoldiers so very little contact with electorate.

Taken together she's got a better than even chance of winning.

Well said.

Insulting people wont help.

I have been saying that on here since the referendum that if we want to win the next referendum we will have to convince no voters to back Yes and not constantly hurl abuse at them because they voted no ... and the shadow Education secretary Tristram (seriously what kinda name is Tristram ??) Hunt comments about the calibre of catholic nun teachers

Edited by FuNsTeR

The irony swingometer must be on phuqqing overdrive when it comes to outbursts. The Liecord conveniently forgets Gordon Brown being caught off camera labelling some old dear a bigot for having the temerity for confronting him and giving him what for during the last election campaign.

This sort of shite that has been printed about Black honestly doesn't surprise me any more. Expect more of the same (and then some) by a compliant media in the coming weeks. Bastards the lot of them.

And the verdict?

it was very interesting, they had the guy who runs MORI and he has been taking polls since 1971.

Money was the big issue, Ashcroft has loads of it,

Curtice was doing his Unionist best to down play

But the SNP are currently miles ahead, BUT a wee slip to say 35-38% and Liebour wins loadsa seats, due to the way their vote falls.

SNP strong all over Scotland, Liebour very strong in 35 seats, absolutely pish in about 15 snp strong everywhere,

Although don't know about Orkney and Shetland.......