Rangers Vs Celtic League Cup Semi-Final - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Vs Celtic League Cup Semi-Final

Build my gallows.

No Pope of Rome.

We are Rangers.

Those were probably the three loudest that, on the TV anyway.

BMG lasted quite a while, so dunno how folk can forget singing it!

Sorry - missed that one out - I would put that down as Sectarian

How very noble of you. Of course it's sectarian, it's nothing but sectarian.

I'll add "Who's the Fenian in the black" into the mix too.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the question is what are the police or the SFA going to do about it?

I could stop it quite easily overnight if I was in charge at the SFA. Any game where fans are found to be singing proscribed songs would be forfeited 3-0. If both sets are at it then both get zero points/disqualified. Slightly less severe would be to force the next game to be played behind closed doors. Easy.

So would this just be proscribed songs or any offensive chanting/singing?

So the question is what are the police or the SFA going to do about it?

I could stop it quite easily overnight if I was in charge at the SFA. Any game where fans are found to be singing proscribed songs would be forfeited 3-0. If both sets are at it then both get zero points/disqualified. Slightly less severe would be to force the next game to be played behind closed doors. Easy.

Any idea what these "proscribed songs" are? Nobody seems to have any sort of list as it would open a massive can of worms legally to get together a definitive list.

BMG lasted quite a while, so dunno how folk can forget singing it!

I never thought that went on that long around where I was - certainly not as long as it's been in the past.

I'll add "Who's the Fenian in the black" into the mix too.

I must admit, I just laughed when I heard that as I don't think it was that long after the ref had pulled back the game when Griffiths was clean through.

Any idea what these "proscribed songs" are? Nobody seems to have any sort of list as it would open a massive can of worms legally to get together a definitive list.

I'm sure it's not beyond the ken of man to compile a list. We can clone sheep and map the human genome.

Even if said chanting/singing of offensive to some e.g. parents taking their children to the game?

One thing that really annoyed me on Saturday was the number of folk who'd bought tickets for the family stand and spent the whole game effing and blinding.

Clowns.

One thing that really annoyed me on Saturday was the number of folk who'd bought tickets for the family stand and spent the whole game effing and blinding.

Clowns.

agreed. we only had one stand option for tickets - £25 and £10. had my daughter and her friend with me. 3 guys right behind me were completely over the top. the girls didnt get too bothered, but at half time we moved and watched it from right at the top behind the cordoned off area. great view of the goals and no idiots screaming obsenities non stop in my daughters ear.

Even if said chanting/singing of offensive to some e.g. parents taking their children to the game?

It's a sliding scale, and where do you draw the line? However, that's not a reason to do nothing - you could start with the stuff that is definitely beyond the pale, e.g. Billy Boys, No Pope of Rome, We are Rangers, Famine Song and take it from there.

Clowns.

There wasn't a specified family section - only that concessions were only available in the West Stand.

Just like last year's final my youngest spent the whole game standing on his seat.

It's a sliding scale, and where do you draw the line? However, that's not a reason to do nothing - you could start with the stuff that is definitely beyond the pale, e.g. Billy Boys, No Pope of Rome, We are Rangers, Famine Song and take it from there.

I actually agree all of those songs are unacceptable in a football ground. What other songs ?