League Cup Semi - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Semi

2 games that we should have won, but didn't take our chances. Simple as that.

Both refereed by Maclean incindentally. The man who missed the assault on Langfield in the Motherwell game, but managed to pick up Rooney blowing on the defenders back today.

Thank god our top officials are on the ball.

mmmmmm

You're starting to sound like a Celtic fan, Rossy.

I agree.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been at the game today as netrual. I enjoyed it. Aberdeen were frustrating to watch and did create chances, but everyone wanted an extra touch before getting a shot away. They had umteen corners and couldn't find a decent cross. Had they of taken their chances they would have won as they didn't work the keeper enough.

Dundee United play nice football when they have the ball but think they need to work harder when they don't. They took their chances and I thought that cifti was offside when he scored.

Steven McLean had a terrible day and thought he was poor for both teams. I didn't see much wrong with the Rooney goal and will be interesting to see it again.

One last point United may have had only half the fans Aberdeen did but they out sang them most of the match. Aberdeen only managed a few songs after the goal which I was disappointed with.

Having been at the game today as netrual. I enjoyed it. Aberdeen were frustrating to watch and did create chances, but everyone wanted an extra touch before getting a shot away. They had umteen corners and couldn't find a decent cross. Had they of taken their chances they would have won as they didn't work the keeper enough.

Dundee United play nice football when they have the ball but think they need to work harder when they don't. They took their chances and I thought that cifti was offside when he scored.

Steven McLean had a terrible day and thought he was poor for both teams. I didn't see much wrong with the Rooney goal and will be interesting to see it again.

One last point United may have had only half the fans Aberdeen did but they out sang them most of the match. Aberdeen only managed a few songs after the goal which I was disappointed with.

At least you had the chance to see a good game opposed to the Hibees battering Raith for 89 minutes then our useles ####ign muppets leave Nade by himself in the 6 yard box to score a header from a corner.

Highlights up on BBC site.

1. Hee haw wrong with Rooney's goal

2. Utd winner was offside

3. Brown's had a nightmare at both goals.

Having said the above, we had more than enough chances to win the game. Time Shankland replaced Goodie for a few games i think and Cammy Smith comes in for PP. We need to freshen things up.

We move on though. Good luck to Utd in the final. Hope yous get to skelp the zombies again.

I think that United only had 2 shots.

Nah. Armstrong (deflected shot) hit the bar and also Daniels made a great block from Armstrong too.

Beyond that, i can't think of any strikes on goal they had. They always carried a threat on the break though. Although GMS needs to learn the offside rule (although judging by the winner, maybe he doesn't....)

Highlights up on BBC site.

1. Hee haw wrong with Rooney's goal

2. Utd winner was offside

3. Brown's had a nightmare at both goals.

Having said the above, we had more than enough chances to win the game. Time Shankland replaced Goodie for a few games i think and Cammy Smith comes in for PP. We need to freshen things up.

We move on though. Good luck to Utd in the final. Hope yous get to skelp the zombies again.

i only watched the replay on red tv of rooney 'goal' but looked like the foul was a nudge/push on the defender before the actual header

got feeling that brown would have let the 2nd one in even if hadn't been a glancing header

have only seen the dons this season in highlights shows, and find it amazing how many chances seem to create in a game - but not take that many

was impressed with united though going forward

dons looked 1 dimensional & predictable in comparison

There was no nudge. It was attacker/defender jostling.

1 dimensional and predictable, yet created loads of chances that we didn't take. Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

At least you had the chance to see a good game opposed to the Hibees battering Raith for 89 minutes then our useles ####ign muppets leave Nade by himself in the 6 yard box to score a header from a flipping corner.

Did you sing your nade sing today

He does seem to have terrific scoring record at Easter road, I can remember him scoring a couple for us there and also scored earlier this season for raith

From listening to the game on the radio on the way to the hearts game they seemed to think the big turning point was when united brought on Dow

Nah. Armstrong (deflected shot) hit the bar and also Daniels made a great block from Armstrong too.

Beyond that, i can't think of any strikes on goal they had. They always carried a threat on the break though. Although GMS needs to learn the offside rule (although judging by the winner, maybe he doesn't....)

Dow's one off the line?

I thought that was a great game of football. I was rivetted throughout. Thought Utd edged the first half but there wasn't much in it. Aberdeen came out strongly at the start of the second and could have wrapped it up before United equalised.

Overall, I think Aberdeen had more clear chances and I was very slow to celebrate the winner because I kept expecting the flag the go up as everyone around me was going nuts. Linesman was slow going back to halfway like he was expecting a steer from McLean. Didn't see a foul at Dons' second either.

I thought the Aberdeen fans were great. We were in the South Stand and they dominated the atmosphere from where we sat.

Weird thing now is I want Rangers to win tomorrow and I've never wanted them to win anything ever ever ever.

Edited by adamntg