League Cup Semi - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Semi

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlights are shockingly bad on the BBC site. One shot in the first half - is that all it warranted?

First half was more tactical but there was still

- Armstrong off the bar

- Armstrong shot blocked by Daniels

- Pawlett and Goodwillie efforts blocked at close range by defenders.

Rooney pushed the guy with both hands and was a foul.

Watching the highlights tonight I couldn't see anything at first but then a replay showed it was blatant.

Even the Aberdeen fan with us agreed.

Cifti was just offside though.

Overall Aberdeen shaded it but it was a great, open game with end to end stuff.

Just happy with the result but it could have gone either way.

Good advert for Scottish football IMO.

Some blinkered and maybe blind Aberdeen fans seem to be unable to see the push for some reason?

The game means nothing now.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already,but I've just read that a wee dandy never returned from the game.

Heartbreaking,had the bairn in the phone after the game yesterday crying because we lost.

Can't wait to get him home today and give him a hug.

Stand Free little lad,wherever you may be.

RIP

No Nade song and he still furking scored! He does seem to have a knack of scoring.

Murray seems to be managing to get something out of him And easter road seems to be happy hunting ground for us recently. Edited by daddybuc16

Was the pitch as bad as the radio were making out? If so, then why was it no replaced when the stadium was put back together after the commonwealth games, or was it just not needed at that point and the weather has been crap since then?

Surely the sfa should be looking into that, with two cup finals and the gibralter came coming up.

Was the pitch as bad as the radio were making out? If so, then why was it no replaced when the stadium was put back together after the commonwealth games, or was it just not needed at that point and the weather has been crap since then?

Surely the sfa should be looking into that, with two cup finals and the gibralter came coming up.

It was shocking. Several times the ball bobbled just as someone went to hit it.

It was replaced but doesn't seem to have bedded in properly yet.

The game means nothing now.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already,but I've just read that a wee dandy never returned from the game.

Heartbreaking,had the bairn in the phone after the game yesterday crying because we lost.

Can't wait to get him home today and give him a hug.

Stand Free little lad,wherever you may be.

RIP

Seems like twitter had slight mis information.

Wasn't a wee lad,still horrible to hear about.

Well, some interesting comments and opinions quoted.

Great having another final to go to, it's just a pity that it wasn't between United and the dandies. That would be some atmosphere and occasion.

Not the best referees performance, by a long shot tbf.

Didn't see much wrong with Rooneys header but there was a push and sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don't. Obviously I'm glad it went out way.

Ciftis header is debatable aswell, Im of the opinion he was offside but again, glad it went out way.

Some awful goalkeeping from both keepers. The dandies header was woeful keeping but I still can't believe what Brown was doing, or trying to do for our winner !

Commiserations to the good dandies, you have the potential to really push for the title if you can keep the majority of your key players together, something I fear with United every transfer window.

Glad we are there though. The Shed go marching on and all that :ok:

Great having another final to go to, it's just a pity that it wasn't between United and the dandies. That would be some atmosphere and occasion.

Didn't see much wrong with Rooneys header but there was a push and sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don't. Obviously I'm glad it went out way.

Ciftis header is debatable aswell, Im of the opinion he was offside but again, glad it went out way.

Some awful goalkeeping from both keepers. The dandies header was woeful keeping but I still can't believe what Brown was doing, or trying to do for our winner !

Commiserations to the good dandies, you have the potential to really push for the title if you can keep the majority of your key players together, something I fear with United every transfer window.

We'll probably keep all the key players this window but that will probably be the last window that will happen - assuming players keep up good form.

The problem that clubs outside Celtic (and even them sometimes) is that players have the opportunity to make life changing sums of money elsewhere and as long as the club is compensated adequately then they can't stand in the player's way if he expresses a wish to leave and take that opportunity.

It will get progressively more difficult to sign replacements with comparable potential as we now see English Championship and League 1 clubs doing deals to take the better players from our Championship teams where previously the route would have been to move to a Scottish Premiership club.

Be interesting to see if Celtic try to scupper the competition by meeting Utd's asking price tomorrow for Armstrong and Mackay-Steven.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

Good luck in the final, my caravan dwelling friend.... :ok: