Jim Murphy's 'clause 4' Revolution? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jim Murphy's 'clause 4' Revolution?

"Jim Murphy yesterday moved Scottish Labour away from its historic commitment to the UK by proposing a new constitution signalling that the party is open to supporters of independence."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/jim-murphy-labour-party-open-to-yes-voters-1-3657421

Jim Murphy for Prime Minster of indy Scotland, anyone?

"Jim Murphy yesterday moved Scottish Labour away from its historic commitment to the UK by proposing a new constitution signalling that the party is open to supporters of independence."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/jim-murphy-labour-party-open-to-yes-voters-1-3657421

I'd rather stay with Cameron.

The complete and utter contempt shown to the voters by unionists in the indy ref campaign continues, they must think we came down in the last shower or something.

Will just make their destruction in May all the more embarrassing for them.

well aye, in an Indy Scot I would have him, I would even have Michael Forsyth or screaming lord Foukes..... because that would at least be the govt we voted for.

I would finally be living in a democratic country, ie in a country that gets who/what the vote for...

None of them would get my vote , just to be clear, but if that was the deal, Indy and then Jim as PM , I would vote for it....

Some folk on here REALLY hate Scottish Labour and Murphy in particular.

I can't see how a mainstream political party softening its opposition to independence can be anything other than a good thing.

I seriously doubt if he's softening his attitude towards independence.

What he's doing is adopting the classic Blairite tactics....he's looked at what the SNP are doing succesfully and he's saying loudly to a compliant media...'that's what we'll do'.

Blair's main success with new Labour was to get them to steal the political middle ground from the Tories in 1997...he did that by virtually turning Labour into Tory clones, and by using the media to create the impression that Labour were something new and innovative....that they were 'safe' for people to vote for.

Murphy's trying the same thing here in Scotland. He's trying to out-SNP the SNP.

I really hope you are right, I look forward to the day, when a Scottish Liebour leader stands up, and demands independence for Scotland.

Murphy's a Unionist down to the last dot on his expenses form.

What he's trying to do is kid people that he's not.

Many of the statements he's made have been empty rhetoric.....fact is, Murphy could do nothing without the say-so of London. He's attempting a power grab by trying to wear as much of the SNP clothes as possible.....

Some folk on here REALLY hate Scottish Labour and Murphy in particular.

I can't see how a mainstream political party softening its opposition to independence can be anything other than a good thing.

Murphy is a 12-faced lying (not too many will disagree with that). As others have said he is just changing clothes to garner some support. But is he advocating Independence ? Yes / no ? (is he fuk)

I doubt who he is ever going to persuade anyone who voted YES.

Murphy is not a unionist nor nationalist,Murphy is all about himself and he will support anything that will help further his career.He is an arse though.

Maybe he has realised that he now won't ever get a top job in Westminster, so he is paving the way for himself to deliver independence. Imagine the boost he could get for his ego if he could deliver independence when Alex Salmond couldn't?

Maybe he has realised that he now won't ever get a top job in Westminster, so he is paving the way for himself to deliver independence. Imagine the boost he could get for his ego if he could deliver independence when Alex Salmond couldn't?

Nah, he is a bitter Labourite til the end. He believes in his party too much to ever look outside the box.

He is only interested in himself, possibly the most detestable politician who isn't called Alexander out there.

Nah, he is a bitter Labourite til the end. He believes in his party too much to ever look outside the box.

He is only interested in himself, possibly the most detestable politician who isn't called Alexander out there.

Hmmm, I'm no sure. Murphy for Prime Minister, Alexander Salmond for President - sounds like the dream ticket to me.

anyone rate Murphys chances of success in some form at the next GE ?

I think he will manage to limit the number of SNP seats to less than 20 which will be hailed as a massive success for Murphy by the media.

Edited by Orraloon