Can Someone Other Than Celtic Win The Title? - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can Someone Other Than Celtic Win The Title?

Jamie Masson, Dec McManus and Joe Shaughnessy all returning to play second half of season with the Dons.

Cracking our self-picking 11 is a problem, however.

Joe Shaughnessy did not really shine at the Bairns, not sure he will bring anything to Aberdeen. Hope he does though :ok:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Dons somehow did manage to lift the title how do folks think they would do with regards the the CL?

While we have had our moments I think whichever side wins the title this year will go on the further embarrass Scotland. I am afraid it is the way it's going to be for a good while or does anyone think any team from the top league could ever manage to not only qualify for the league stages but compete?

If the Dons somehow did manage to lift the title how do folks think they would do with regards the the CL?

While we have had our moments I think whichever side wins the title this year will go on the further embarrass Scotland. I am afraid it is the way it's going to be for a good while or does anyone think any team from the top league could ever manage to not only qualify for the league stages but compete?

Aberdeen would win the Champions League.

Bit of luck and they'd get into the europa league group stages.

With everything seeded to the hilt these days it takes something special to upset the establishment

As I said in a previous thread (it may have been earlier in this one actually) Aberdeen should be looking at the Europa League Group stages regardless of them winning the League or not. Granted the draw needs to be kind but it's definitely something to aim at IMO.

As I said in a previous thread (it may have been earlier in this one actually) Aberdeen should be looking at the Europa League Group stages regardless of them winning the League or not. Granted the draw needs to be kind but it's definitely something to aim at IMO.

We were very unlucky not to make it this season despite entering at the very first round (before the World Cup Quarter Finals).

Typical Aberdeen though, drawing the highest ranked team in the whole tournament. We did lose both games but game a good account of ourselves against Sociedad.

We were very unlucky not to make it this season despite entering at the very first round (before the World Cup Quarter Finals).

Typical Aberdeen though, drawing the highest ranked team in the whole tournament. We did lose both games but game a good account of ourselves against Sociedad.

I know m8 that's exactly my point. Attitudes in the whole country need to change. That campaign should be seen as progress and something to build on. Not just a one off.

I know m8 that's exactly my point. Attitudes in the whole country need to change. That campaign should be seen as progress and something to build on. Not just a one off.

Seems to be this time.

The Calderwood team started to be broken up a month after we pumped Copenhagen and the European run wasn't finished by then!

All depends on the draw.

If you look at our Europa games this season past we thrashed the team we should have beaten.

Beat a side from a slightly higher level and then competed reasonably well against a side from at least one level above.

Aberdeen would win the Champions League.

Which would then be followed by the super cup (again) and this world club cup thing.

If Madrid can win it,then we defo can,as they have never beaten us.

So it's a given really.

World domination in less than 12 months time.

No chance of that.

Fair rump of both Hearts and Dundee Utd fans would hate to see Aberdeen win anything.

According to some Aberdeen fans on here everyone else is obsessed with Aberdeen and hate them so by that theory not many others would want them to win the league.

At the moment ICT are only 5 points behind Aberdeen so I think we can feasibly (not necessarily will) catch and overtake Aberdeen by the end of the season. I don't think we have any chance of finishing above celtic though unfortunately. I fully expect celtic to win the league comfortably even though come Saturday we should be a point behind them.

That aside if it came to the final game and Aberdeen/Dundee United/Hamilton etc needed to beat us to win the league I would be hoping they won!

According to some Aberdeen fans on here everyone else is obsessed with Aberdeen and hate them so by that theory not many others would want them to win the league.

At the moment ICT are only 5 points behind Aberdeen so I think we can feasibly (not necessarily will) catch and overtake Aberdeen by the end of the season. I don't think we have any chance of finishing above celtic though unfortunately. I fully expect celtic to win the league comfortably even though come Saturday we should be a point behind them.

That aside if it came to the final game and Aberdeen/Dundee United/Hamilton etc needed to beat us to win the league I would be hoping they won!

I didn't say that.

I said some fans of 2 clubs in particular would prefer a Celtic title win to an Aberdeen one.

I also recognise there may well be some Aberdeen fans who would feel the same towards those 2 clubs as well.

I would be delighted to see Aberdeen - or anyone other than Rangers - beat Celtic to the title. Obviously if Dundee Utd are still in it come May, which I doubt, my position may change.

I have been saying that having more than 1 team pressure Celtic has to be a good thing. Can't see any team doing it on their own. We need as many clubs as possible taking points off them and sniffing near the top.

A Dons and Utd win double tomorrow would see Celtic slip to 3rd - how good would that be?

I didn't say that.

I said some fans of 2 clubs in particular would prefer a Celtic title win to an Aberdeen one.

Just wait to see what happens on here when Aberdeen inevitably slip up.

The biggest hoots of laughter and derision certainly won't come from Celtic fans.

Just wait to see what happens on here when Aberdeen inevitably slip up.

The biggest hoots of laughter and derision certainly won't come from Celtic fans.

Oh aye, if and when you fall flat on your puses I'll be laughing. I would still really want you to win the league ahead of the Old Firm any day.

Dundee Utd tomorrow at 5/4 is buying money - especially when Thistle are badly hit by injuries and Higginbotham is suspended.

As a fellow jag I'd agree wholeheartedly. Terrible lack of knowledge of the scottish game being shown by the bookies. I used to make a lot of cash out of their lack of knowledge of the games up here but this is the best price I've seen for a long while. Not one for betting against my team but money is money. I won't want it to happen but covers the cost of the day out and some if it does....

Didn't realise that was the price, cheers Charlie! ?

I think that Groningen were ranked 3rd in the second qualifying round, and that Real Sociedad were ranked first in the third qualifying round.

We gave a very good account of ourselves despite those tough draws.

If you catch us then you've already caught Celtic. :wink2:

------------------------------------------------------------

Extremely happy for Hearts and St. Johnstone winning the Scottish Cup, and for Kilmarnock, St. Mirren, and Aberdeen winning the League Cup (so far) during the 'armageddon' years.

Four of the last six Cup finals have been OF free.

SuperCaley also made their first Final appearance ever.

(It's good for the League when the honours go round.)