Can Someone Other Than Celtic Win The Title? - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can Someone Other Than Celtic Win The Title?

Steady on. Getting a bit ahead of yourself here! Whilst McInnes has transformed Aberdeen on and off the park he has achieved little yet. If he can get the team regularly to within touching distance of Celtic and add another cup or two then the Scotland job may come into the reckoning. At the moment, he has considering resources, only restored Aberdeen to a position they should be in. Being biased, I think pound for pound the best manager in the league at the minute is Tommy Wright.

That comes over as quite a bitter reply.

McInnes took Aberdeen from 8th to 3rd in 1 year. First trophy in over 18 years. The resources you speak of have been there for every other manger in those 18 years and everyone has come up short.

Of course if the side bomb, which appears unlikely, then my predictions are laughable but St Johnstone fans of all teams should know how McInnes goes about his job and appreciate his potential. Although Wright did well to manage the club to the Cup, and I do rate Tommy Wright, surely some of the groundwork for the club to achieve that was put in place by Derek McInnes.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That comes over as quite a bitter reply.

McInnes took Aberdeen from 8th to 3rd in 1 year. First trophy in over 18 years. The resources you speak of have been there for every other manger in those 18 years and everyone has come up short.

Of course if the side bomb, which appears unlikely, then my predictions are laughable but St Johnstone fans of all teams should know how McInnes goes about his job and appreciate his potential. Although Wright did well to manage the club to the Cup, and I do rate Tommy Wright, surely some of the groundwork for the club to achieve that was put in place by Derek McInnes.

Not at all bitter. I acknowledged how he had transformed your fortunes. I take a lot of pride seeing any past Saintee doing well. Given the current impoverished landscape of Scottish Football let's just see if he can maintain and indeed build on this. That will be a far harder job than the excellent contributions achieved at Saints and the Dons so far.

Steady on. Getting a bit ahead of yourself here! Whilst McInnes has transformed Aberdeen on and off the park he has achieved little yet. If he can get the team regularly to within touching distance of Celtic and add another cup or two then the Scotland job may come into the reckoning. At the moment, he has considering resources, only restored Aberdeen to a position they should be in. Being biased, I think pound for pound the best manager in the league at the minute is Tommy Wright.

McInnes won't be anywhere near the Scotland job for 20+ years.

And apart from that, the Dons have won the league each year Back to the Future was set in (55, 85 and 2015).

I've clearly stolen this information and because I so want it to be true I have not bothered to check it's authenticity. But it's true. I hope.

And apart from that, the Dons have won the league each year Back to the Future was set in (55, 85 and 2015).

I've clearly stolen this information and because I so want it to be true I have not bothered to check it's authenticity. But it's true. I hope.

Won the League 1954-55,1984-85

I suppose seeing as Aberdeen didn't exist in 1885 we'll let them off with that part of back to the future.

Year of the sheep?! Feck me

Lies. Damn lies.

Aberdeen Football Club was originally formed in 1881 as the 'Aberdeen Maroons'.

Any real fan of Scottish football knows this.

You must be one of those TV-only EPL 'soccer' fans.

:angry:

Lies. Damn lies.

Aberdeen Football Club was originally formed in 1881 as the 'Aberdeen Maroons'.

Any real fan of Scottish football knows this.

You must be one of those TV-only EPL 'soccer' fans.

:angry:

I'm sure you can tell us all about the formation of the mighty 'well....

:P

I'd really like to think Thistle will finally take something off Celtic tomorrow, but given our track record against them we'll either get humped or lose 0-1 thanks to a dodgy decision.

Another game for which my season ticket will be staying firmly in my wallet - Sky coupled with Innis & Gunn rum-infused ale for me.