Mccoist Resigns - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccoist Resigns

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i be the first to point out the irony of possibly the final nail in Ally's coffin being the figurehead organisation of Nawbaggery losing in the heartlands of Nawbaggery

Here was I thinking Ally McCoist had made an honourable decision today. Instead he has given 12 months notice and called the clubs bluff to pay him off. What a total shambles. He should be sacked .

Think he expected the board to publicly back him in the past week or two, instead he got a drip drip of leaks undermining his position. He has obviously decided to turn the tables on the club. He should have kept the moral high ground and walked away.

I've been busy tonight, so just trying to get my head round this!

Has a football manager ever been made to work his notice before?

:lol:

As Eddard said, something has to give, the position is untenable.

Alongside the result, it truly is the gift that keeps on giving!

I reckon Sallary's PR team had sensed the hhun public was badly turning against him and so concocted this resignation event to re-gain the PR initiative. No one see's the conditions of the offer to resign yet if it was unconditional I think we all suspect the board would have accepted.

I think there is a bit of a bitter stand off going on between the Board and Sallary and it has long superseded any sense of doing the right thing for the the 'club'.

To be fair the Board are rotten as rotten can be so who can blame him (Sallary).

Edited by thplinth

In my mind flure is spot on in his assessment that ally is out to get what he can before this insolvent entity is wound up again. He doesn't want to be one of the long list of creditors who are dismissed once administration at the very best comes calling again. For all he is a terrible football manager he ain't a dafty and will have clever advisors.