Mccoist Resigns - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccoist Resigns

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all very weird this. He's offered is resignation but will be in charge of the team tonight? In that case what's the point? I assume it's a case of "I'll walk if you pay me £XXXX" in which case it's not really a resignation and will lose him a hell of a lot of good faith with the fans that even in the last couple of hours has been slowly creeping back.

In terms of who to replace him I'm not really sure. I don't want Butcher or McCall although them both being available and relatively cheap would make them viable in the eyes of the board. In terms of who is currently working in Scotland, should he be interested and affordable I'd take McInnes but I'd probably rather we moved away from "Rangers men" and maybe went for someone outside the box.

I doubt we could afford him but someone like Eddie Howe has done a good job at Bournemouth although I'd imagine we couldn't afford him and he'll be concentrating on getting to the EPL.

I have to say I read ihis "resignation" similarly. He seems to have resigned but sounds like it's conditional upon some form of compromise agreement (which I suspect is the reminder of his salary paid up front). If that is the case, I can't see Rangers being able to agree. A gamble from McCoist that either gets him money or puts him in a really strong position for remainder of his contract?

When the news broke, my mates were all in agreement he'd done the honourable thing, they'd be able to forget his time in charge & still remember him fondly as a legend. To be fair, that's how I'd have felt in their shoes.

You can only imagine my delight at being able to spoil their Christmas by informing them he isn't going anywhere until he's paid up in full.

Ho ho ho, this must really be the ultimate kick in the teeth for all the bears who idolised him once upon a time!

Surely his position is now untenable and assuming the board are rejecting his resignation due to his terms he therefore has to reconsider those terms?

You're perhaps giving Ally too much credit?

Couldn't take a blow torch to that guys neck.

Edited by sbcmfc

Surely his position is now untenable and assuming the board are rejecting his resignation due to his terms he therefore has to reconsider those terms?

so surely this wont sit well with the fans? I mean he wants to walk away but only if he gets his money, after years of being handsomely rewarded while the club sinks down the pan again. i would be raging.

This board is a weird place. Simply because one poster has suggested that Ally wants paid off all of the halfwits are taking it as gospel and running with it.

Any actual proof of any of this yet? I believe he has handed in his resignation but there's nothing else reported other than the vultures on here having a wee w@nkfest.

Perhaps if you just wanted a wee bit you'd find out the truth?

This board is a weird place. Simply because one poster has suggested that Ally wants paid off all of the halfwits are taking it as gospel and running with it.

Any actual proof of any of this yet? I believe he has handed in his resignation but there's nothing else reported other than the vultures on here having a wee w@nkfest.

suggested he wants paid off? more than a suggestion RB.

if he didnt want paid off he would just walk. he hasn't, he has tendered his resignation.

To be fair, there's a few news outlets running that story.