Mccoist Resigns - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccoist Resigns

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a rolling contract, the employer must give one years wage as compensation if the sack the manager. Only time IV heard of it broken from managers side is them being approached by another club, who pay his old club 1years wages in compensation......if the manager quits, does he have to pay one years wages to the club?

No you are right Brucie, I am sure now as a real rangers man, just as the loyal support deserves, he will tell them all what's going on at the club. On the other hand pigs might fly.

Why would he be on full pay on gardening leave if he had sold his silence? That is nonsensical. The whole point is that no settlement (including in respect of confidentiality) has been reached...

Why would he be on full pay on gardening leave if he had sold his silence? That is nonsensical. The whole point is that no settlement (including in respect of confidentiality) has been reached...

That isn't necessarily true. The agreed settlement could contain one years garden leave.

Eh? The whole point of him being on full pay for 12 months is so that he won't say a word. Though I could be wrong of course, ally being a good rangers man and all I am sure he will tell all. Then again, he might value his pay off too much.

Eh? The whole point of him being on full pay for 12 months is so that he won't say a word. Though I could be wrong of course, ally being a good rangers man and all I am sure he will tell all. Then again, he might value his pay off too much.

That's just conjecture. The whole point of him being on full pay for 12 months is because we can't afford to pay him off in one lump sum.

It appears that McCoist expected to work out his notice.

Club have said no but will honour the contract by paying him for the next 12 months but relieved him of his duties to turn up for work.

I would imagine if he finds alternative employment before the end of that 12 month period the wages stop.

As long as he is employed he will have to act as an employee of the club and will be unable to talk about what is going without placing his salary in danger.

Once the 12 months are over he will be free to sing like a canary and I fully expect him. Will probably pocket a small fortune too if all done in a book which is serialised in the press.

If the club wants his silence then they will have buy that on top of the wages is due for the next 12 months.

Ally will be in great demand for interviews next December.

What lies ahead for McCoist? He surely won't get another job in fitba', will he?

Now every man and his dog knows how much he demands per year, he's nae chance in Scotland unless he takes a hefty wage cut.

TV punditry, panel shows or even just fading out of the limelight altogether? He must be minted already and his forthcoming book sales will make him another million.

Edited by OLAS

Now every man and his dog knows how much he demands per year, he's nae chance in Scotland unless he takes a hefty wage cut.

And every Rangers fan in the country would be right to ask that if he could take a hefty wage cut to get back into the game, why didn't he do it while he was managing Rangers?

......if the manager quits, does he have to pay one years wages to the club?

No he doesn't but the company can try to force him to work out the full notice period stipulated in his contract. Or they can put him on "gardening leave" which seems to have happened in this case.

As long as he is employed he will have to act as an employee of the club and will be unable to talk about what is going without placing his salary in danger.

Once the 12 months are over he will be free to sing like a canary and I fully expect him. Will probably pocket a small fortune too if all done in a book which is serialised in the press.

If the club wants his silence then they will have buy that on top of the wages is due for the next 12 months.

Ally will be in great demand for interviews next December.

That may not necessarily be the case. I have had a confidentiality agreement in my contract all of my working life. The whole point of the confidentiality agreement is to stop me talking about my work after I leave the company. I will be bound by those agreements all of my life. But I have no idea if McCoist has a confidentiality agreement in his contract though.

That may not necessarily be the case. I have had a confidentiality agreement in my contract all of my working life. The whole point of the confidentiality agreement is to stop me talking about my work after I leave the company. I will be bound by those agreements all of my life. But I have no idea if McCoist has a confidentiality agreement in his contract though.

I think your confidentiality clause would be quite limited to confidential information belonging to the company as opposed to your version of events going on at the company. Also it's debatable whether that clause is terminated with the employment contract unless it expressly says otherwise.

Plenty of footballers have written books which would breach the confidentiality obligations you suggest.

My point is that ally hasn't sold his silence as some are suggesting in this thread. In many ways it would suit ally (financially and otherwise) to settle for a lesser amount cos he could then invest it or maybe work elsewhere and get on with his life.

I think your confidentiality clause would be quite limited to confidential information belonging to the company as opposed to your version of events going on at the company. Also it's debatable whether that clause is terminated with the employment contract unless it expressly says otherwise.

Plenty of footballers have written books which would breach the confidentiality obligations you suggest.

My point is that ally hasn't sold his silence as some are suggesting in this thread. In many ways it would suit ally (financially and otherwise) to settle for a lesser amount cos he could then invest it or maybe work elsewhere and get on with his life.

He will be bound by confidentiality for the 12 months of his remaining employment. He could tell them to stuff it and reveal all to the fans and public but under that would likely see himself sacked due to misconduct and lose his £750k pay off. Therefore he will keep his mouth shut as instructed by the club. They have bought his silence.

He will be bound by confidentiality for the 12 months of his remaining employment. He could tell them to stuff it and reveal all to the fans and public but under that would likely see himself sacked due to misconduct and lose his £750k pay off. Therefore he will keep his mouth shut as instructed by the club. They have bought his silence.

he will be governed by a contract of employment. What could he tell us that is not already in the public domain. He could take Mad Phils line and fire out countless half facts but that would land him in trouble. McCoist does not need to say anything at the moment. Information is getting to Rangers fans and onto the forums. Look at the revelations on Somers and Ashley in the last few days.

Edited by EddardStark

If the intention of placing him on gardening leave is to 'buy his silence' that is time limited until when either the 12 months run out or he finds alternative employment.

I don't think that was the intention more down to the probability that the club were unable to pay up the contract in one go.

I also agree with Eddard ( :yikes3: ) in that I don't think there would be anything totally earth shattering that McCoist can reveal. If and when he does talk about it I suspect we'll hear a quite a few stories which will be a bit surprising or amusing (to some of us) but nothing which has to be out in the open now.

The stuff people and the supporters really want or need to know involves the details of Whyte, Green and Ashley and the details of their dealings. I'm not convinced McCosit would be in a position to know what sort of skullduggery may have been taking place in boardroom deals.

If the intention of placing him on gardening leave is to 'buy his silence' that is time limited until when either the 12 months run out or he finds alternative employment.

I don't think that was the intention more down to the probability that the club were unable to pay up the contract in one go.

I also agree with Eddard ( :yikes3: ) in that I don't think there would be anything totally earth shattering that McCoist can reveal. If and when he does talk about it I suspect we'll hear a quite a few stories which will be a bit surprising or amusing (to some of us) but nothing which has to be out in the open now.

The stuff people and the supporters really want or need to know involves the details of Whyte, Green and Ashley and the details of their dealings. I'm not convinced McCosit would be in a position to know what sort of skullduggery may have been taking place in boardroom deals.

It's another stick to beat McCoist with. God knows there have been plenty of valid ones over the last few years but this one is groundless.