General Election Prediction - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election Prediction

Chances of a hung parliament at 92% now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election_in_individual_constituencies#Eastleigh

Eastleigh had a by-election last year.

By-Election Results (compared to 2010):

• LIB - 32.1% (-14.4%)
  • UKIP - 27.8% (+24.2%)
  • CON - 25.4% (-13.9%)
  • LAB - 9.8% (+0.2%)
  • OTH - 4.9% (+3.9%)

August Polling (compared to by-election):

• LIB - 40% (+8%)
  • CON - 25% (N/C)
  • UKIP - 21% (-7%)
  • LAB - 12% (+2%)
  • OTH - 3% (-2%)

Hopefully, the UKIP factor is only a by-election thing...

Humza Yousaf retweeted

Latest forecast update: Con 285, Lab 280, LD 27, SNP 32, UKIP 4. More details at http://electionforecast.co.uk

UKIP possibly only getting 4 despite the BBCs best efforts.

Some horrific figures for the LibDems in those forecast figures! Could well be wiped out completely in Scotland next year with Danny Alexander and Charlie Kennedy top of the "hit list".

So how could the Cyril Smith/Hands Up Little Boys Bottoms Party on 27 seats hold the balance of power in contrast to SNP potentially on 32 seats?

Labour Party will never go into coalition with the Snp as they despise the Snp and they had the opportunity to do just that the last time round ... they believe Scotland is their play thing

I will be amazed if the SNP make more than 20 seats at Westminster once the UK media goes into full ignore mode in the run up to the election. It is possible though if the current polls keep up.

Think around about 35% is the golden level of support beyond which the unfair FPTP system stops working to your disadvantage and starts working in your favour. Currently SNP is polling around 42% which gives it the lions share of Scottish seats...

I will be amazed if the SNP make more than 20 seats at Westminster once the UK media goes into full ignore mode in the run up to the election. It is possible though if the current polls keep up.

Think around about 35% is the golden level of support beyond which the unfair FPTP system stops working to your disadvantage and starts working in your favour. Currently SNP is polling around 42% which gives it the lions share of Scottish seats...

After all the hype recently, 20 seats for the SNP will be reported as another 'crushing failure' for the nationalists.

I want the lot, I want every single "Scottish" unionist shitebag MP out of Westminster and a Yes representative in place. You look at some of the K**TS and you really have to wonder what the fk is going on in some peoples heads.

Just looked at the stats for the Midlothian by-election and it appears that Labour went ahead when the Tory second preference votes were handed out. Not really surprising.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midlothian_Council_election,_2012

I wonder what would happen in the General Election though, due to FPTP.

Could there be a tactical vote towards Labour (from the Tories, etc)? This could hurt the SNP's chances of winning Scotland if it does happen.

Could there be a tactical vote towards Labour (from the Tories, etc)? This could hurt the SNP's chances of winning Scotland if it does happen.

There could be some tactical voting, but it's difficult to orchestrate en masse. Plus the emergence of UKIP will be splitting the unionist vote 4 ways.

I'd say it'd be important for the SNP & Greens to stand together to maximise the nationalist vote.

I think there is going to be some of that.When do you ever hear a Labour politican in Scotland attack the Tory govt in London ?? They no longer see the Tories as their enemy. However don't think that will be enough to stem those who have switched to the SNP.

Its a lot easier now with Labour's lurch to the right and the SNP being seen as a common enemy for Tories to vote Labour. Although it won't happen the most obvious coalition is Labour/Tory.