The Gibraltar Giveaway Begins! - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Gibraltar Giveaway Begins!

PASTA Mick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the SFAs greed is paying off at the moment with just over 100,000 attending the games in the last week at an average price of £45-50.

They'll take the hit on the Gibraltar game knowing they'll sell out hampden for Germany and provided we are still in the hunt, Poland could sell out 3 times over.

The figures don't add up anyway. Hampden has a capacity of roughly 52k, if there are 30000? SSC members guaranteed a ticket, including 10000? season ticket holders due an extra 2, the debenture seats at Hampden that are due a ticket, the corporate sections plus 2500 to be offered to Gibraltar where are these 10000 tickets coming from?

dont think there are 10,000 season tickets, was the number around 7000?

33793 members according to the latest points table

I was planning on taking ma boy to his first game the Gib one.. loadsa goals hopefully and a good wee day oot.

I have been to 90% of home games, ssc member, AND AT LEAST 1 away game per campaign

I am now worried I wont get a tic cos I didn't get a Season Tic...

will need to investigate...

dont think there are 10,000 season tickets, was the number around 7000?

33793 members according to the latest points table

Using those figures, that still accounts for 47k tickets of the 52k available. Add in debentures, corporate, away fans and it seems impossible for them to give away 10000 tickets.

I was planning on taking ma boy to his first game the Gib one.. loadsa goals hopefully and a good wee day oot.

I have been to 90% of home games, ssc member, AND AT LEAST 1 away game per campaign

SSC members will all get a ticket :ok:

Edited by Glasgowmancity

Please don't worry.

These 10,000 tickets will bring the attendance up from 25K to about 35K

You will get a ticket. Anyone who wants one will.

Moan moan moan.

It's 5 month away. Put away £2 a week if it's that bad, I'll be there hoping for a cricket score and enjoying a Friday/Saturday/Sunday night bender in Glasgow! ;)

I could afford to buy a loaf of bread if it cost a tenner, it doesn't make it good value for money, so I'd go elsewhere for my loaf!

Rather than give 10K tickets to kids I'd rather the offered the opportunity to buy tickets to those non SSC members who payed exorbitant prices for the Ireland and Georgia games first.

How lovely! Screw the kids, i want a freebie instead...?

Bore aff.

Using those figures, that still accounts for 47k tickets of the 52k available. Add in debentures, corporate, away fans and it seems impossible for them to give away 10000 tickets.

SSC members will all get a ticket :ok:

The article says up to 10000 tickets have been ringfenced, so that does not mean it will definitely be 10000.

I could afford to buy a loaf of bread if it cost a tenner, it doesn't make it good value for money, so I'd go elsewhere for my loaf!

This isn't a loaf of bread though, it'll be a competitive international football match, 1 of only 3 that will happen here next year. £35 a ticket isn't thatttttt bad, I pay £12 to watch Arbroath every week in the 3rd, it's £15/18 some places in the 2nd and gets higher as you go up the leagues.

England prices were wayyyyyyy over the top though for a friendly. I'll accept that. Why doesn't everyone just wait and see what the SFA do for members etc before lynching them?

Edited by 1320lichtie