Andy Robertson. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andy Robertson.

shunkyboy and the fluffer

Considering how inexperienced he is thrown into that cauldron of a game last night he was utterly magnificent. Coleman is rated as one of the best right backs in Europe right now and Man Utd will probably bid for him next summer. Make no mistake Robertson is already being watched by bigger clubs. We have an absolute gem on our hands here for the next 10 years and he is only going to get better. Tremendous athlete and loves getting forward, what a find for us.

Edited by Hendricks

He had a great game last night. Good energy going forward putting in several great crosses and showing good pace to get back and cover for Hanley a couple of times as well.

I thought he linked up better with Anya than v Georgia. Hopefully creating a good understanding. Lots of pace and energy down that flank with two players that can interchange positions.

Odd to think that he wasn't even due to be starting last night and was only drafted in when Morrison took unwell. Hopefully Robertson can make the left-back position his own, especially if the alternative is Mulgrew or Whittaker back there.

Think he went a long way to proving he's our best left back last night

Luuurvley fitba player. B)

Please don't get injured and stay well clear of drink, fags, fast food, fast cars, the wild women of Yorkshire and you'll do just fine Andy !

Seemingly he is a very sensible lad and a dedicated professional, which bodes well.

One of my favourite moments from last night was his wee drag-back that completely bamboozled McGeady, resulting in him fouling Robertson and conceding a free-kick!

I must admit, before last night's game I had some reservations over his defensive capabilities but he looked as solid defensively as he did going forward. If he carries on progressing we could have a genuine class act on our hands.

I've been v. impressed by his skill and athleticism but more so by his composure on the ball, he was tremendous last night. Was a bit obvious with the foul that led to his yellow but he'll learn, I think he's a tremendous prospect and believe managers and Directors of Football across Europe will have picked up on him. If he keeps the heid, works hard and stays free of injuries he could go to the very, very top.