Predictions- Friday - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predictions- Friday

gusmac

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very tight, "stuffy" sort of match ahead. A midfield battle of attrition.

I think there will be only one goal scored in the game. Hopefully it will be for Scotland but these two sides are so evenly matched. It's too hard to call.

And as I'm sure Russell Martin and Grant Hanley routinely read the TAMB, please guys for the love of feck, don't switch off when Robbie Keane has the ball !!!

Think ive said on previous threads that this game is my worst nightmare about to happen - Ireland will come away with the 3 points one way or another im absolutley certain.

Thats my prediction for Friday.

sadly i agree with you - i think it will be an Ireland win too - probably by a couple of goals too. They have the better defenders and better international goal-scoring forwards. They've also had some fantastic results already - draw away to germany and away win in Georgia being absolutely sensational within the context of the group.

Hope i'm wrong but Ireland are ahead of us at the moment.

being absolutely sensational within the context of the group.

Hope i'm wrong but Ireland are ahead of us at the moment.

Woahh!!! Calm down there!!

You actually watched them? Looked pretty average to me. We should've drew with Germany, we drew away to Poland and should've humped a very poor Georgia team at home. Also playing some fantastic stuff in the process.

As for the defenders, Coleman is better than Whittaker no doubt about that but are O Shea and Keough any better than Martin and Hanley? I'd take Robertson over Ward any day of the week.

Striker wise we have nobody that can compare to Keanes record, yes you imagine he will be deadly in the box but he's ancient now and tbh I thought when even as far back as when he was at Liverpool and Celtic that he was nowhere near the player that was so good for Tottenham. Fletch and Naisy will work their back line ten times more.

Ireland will be tough, no easy games in international football but come on tae feck you we should be just as confident (more IMO) of beating them than they are of beating us.

Edited by 1320lichtie

Woahh!!! Calm down there!!

You actually watched them? Looked pretty average to me. We should've drew with Germany, we drew away to Poland and should've humped a very poor Georgia team at home. Also playing some fantastic stuff in the process.

As for the defenders, Coleman is better than Whittaker no doubt about that but are O Shea and Keough any better than Martin and Hanley? I'd take Robertson over Ward any day of the week.

Striker wise we have nobody that can compare to Keanes record, yes he will be deadly in the box but Fletch and Naisy will work their back line ten times more.

Ireland will be tough, no easy games in international football but come on tae feck you we should be just as confident (more IMO) of beating them than they are of beating us.

Is that not the point - we should have drawn with Germany, we should have humped a very poor Georgia team.

The truth is we didn't. The truth is Ireland drew with germany in Germany - we didn't.

The truth is Ireland beat georgia away thanks to two excellent goals - we beat them at home thanks to a scrappy own goal.

i dont understand this optimism that we will win on friday. I dont see it and the performances so far back that up

hope I'm wrong though

I know this is the 4th game of the campaign, but it is only now i am getting "the feeling" for an upcoming qualifier. Last time was pre Serbia match at the beginning of the WC campaign.

Even though the SFA have tried their best to make it unaffordable for the fans, i am really looking forward to the game now. 3 points (however we can get them) will give us a massive boost going into next years games.

Heart says; Scotland 4 RoI 1 - Head says; Scotland 4 RoI 1 :guitar:

Is that not the point - we should have drawn with Germany, we should have humped a very poor Georgia team.

The truth is we didn't. The truth is Ireland drew with germany in Germany - we didn't.

The truth is Ireland beat georgia away thanks to two excellent goals - we beat them at home thanks to a scrappy own goal.

i dont understand this optimism that we will win on friday. I dont see it and the performances so far back that up

hope I'm wrong though

Two peices of individual magic from a Scotsman. What more could you actually want from us performance wise?!?!?!?!?

I dont see it and the performances so far back that up

Thing is, we have had the performances, just not the results. We've struggled a bit to finish our chances, and conceded some cheap goals, whereas Ireland have been clinical.

I think Ireland will play defensively (at least for the first 70 mins). Scotland will dominate the midfield and have most of the possession. The big doubt is whether we can convert it to goals.

Heart says 2-1 Scotland. Head says 1-1 draw.