Katy Clark - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Katy Clark saying that Scotland could let down labour on the general election .... who the f*ck do they think they are ... Labour are letting down the people of Scotland ffs .... and she is standing for deputy leader of the Scottish Red Tories

Sounds like Scotland should continue voting Labour in general elections because they traditionally always have and we need to keep the torries out. Aye great logic that.

sadly that is their logic ... that we are only here to serve the Labour party ..... I don't think so ... on yer bike Katy

Kezia Dugdale, who's on the other couch in the original video and opposing Clark for the deputy leadership, was at my door on Saturday campaigning for the Labour candidate who's trying to win Eric "The BofA Bomber" Joyce's seat.

Although I wanted to say to say that Labour were fecked and that if Rod Hull and Emu were the SNP candidates they'd still get my vote, I held back.

She was too nice and you have to have a degree of sympathy for people who try their best at what will be an ultimately futile venture.

Kezia Dugdale, who's on the other couch in the original video and opposing Clark for the deputy leadership, was at my door on Saturday campaigning for the Labour candidate who's trying to win Eric "The BofA Bomber" Joyce's seat.

Although I wanted to say to say that Labour were fecked and that if Rod Hull and Emu were the SNP candidates they'd still get my vote, I held back.

She was too nice and you have to have a degree of sympathy for people who try their best at what will be an ultimately futile venture.

You were trying to get her knickers off, weren't you?

I know what you mean. When I lived in Gloucestershire, I had a Tory canvasser come to my door, and because he was friendly and polite I told him I was Undecided :hammer:

This guy wasn't even part of an "ultimately futile venture", it was a seat they had a genuine chance of taking!

I know what you mean. When I lived in Gloucestershire, I had a Tory canvasser come to my door, and because he was friendly and polite I told him I was Undecided :hammer:

This guy wasn't even part of an "ultimately futile venture", it was a seat they had a genuine chance of taking!

Of all the candidates in the area I grew up in (West Dumbarton) the Tory candidate for Westminster was always the nicest fellow. Probably because he knew he didn't stand a snowballs chance, there was no pressure.

Scotland is still seen by Labour as is private fiefdom. It's the arrogant irony in Clark's 'keep the Tories out' message that sticks in the craw and will anger many Scots. I'd sooner have honestly dishonest Tories in charge than duplicitous shysters like Labour who pretend to be on the side of ordinary people.

Hope the ####kers are wiped out in Scotland over the next two years.

Scunnered will be very upset.

Haha, beat me to it!

:lol:

I was.

I said to Cove Sheep yesterday that she should have just said "it's Labour or Tory" as that's pretty much the Labour message. The Scotland letting them down comment was daft and I'll be giving her pelters for it.

At the risk of sounding like Scunnered, it has to be said that Katy Clark is one of the more principled of the Labour lot; a hard working constituency MP who doesn't always toe her party's line, unlike some of her more careerist colleagues. Where she shares common ground with such individuals, however, is that she still seems to think that Scotland is Labour's possession. I have no doubt that Labour's pitch - most probably their only pitch - in Scotland next spring will be 'vote Labour to keep the Tories out', and sadly I think a lot of people will buy it.

The good thing about the SLab leadership contest is that Murphy doesn't appear to have things his own way. Findlay seems to have the support of the unions and they will no doubt look favourably on Clark too. Whether that will be enough to see either over the line remains to be seen though; I'm not sure how many genuine left-wing people in Scotland are still members of the Labour party.

Just a wee thought, Motherwell FC have said they have had more than 30 applications/enquiries with regards to their vacant managers position after Stuart McCall quit... how many people applied for the leader of Scottish Labour position after Lamont the Great resigned? no disrespect to Motherwell FC but tells you all you need to know about Scottish Labour eh?

Just a wee thought, Motherwell FC have said they have had more than 30 applications/enquiries with regards to their vacant managers position after Stuart McCall quit... how many people applied for the leader of Scottish Labour position after Lamont the Great resigned? no disrespect to Motherwell FC but tells you all you need to know about Scottish Labour eh?

SNP only had 1 applicant for leader...