Philip Bardsley - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Philip Bardsley

Robroysboy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him. Playing weekly now with norwich so must be a plus he plays alongside Martin. He's by no means faultless but sometimes feels like a witch hunt on here for him, as it does with Hutton and Maloney. He also saved a certain goal that night covering our centre half.

I like Bardsley and I'd start him. He'd be a regular in my squad should I replace Gordon Strachan anytime soon. He is a good footballer and he plays with guts for us which is more than can be said for some born and bred Scots who pulled on the jersey over the years.

So would you exclude yourself from selection Bzzzz? Would you not have to claim under the 'parents rule' rather than being born here. If Bardsley is getting in through a grandparent it is just a question of degree. Scotland has a long history of 'exporting' it citizens and like Ireland we have a diaspora who claim Scottish links. Why should we deny ourselves the opportunity to select from this vast reservoir of Scots. Seems stupid.

Pretty sure Bardsley qualifies because his dad was born in Scotland, although quickly moved to England.

Redundant argument. In an ideal world he wouldn't be picked but he is and generally gives his all and improves the team.

was his dad not born in Glasgow while his grandparents were on holiday in Scotland? sure i read that somewhere