Mccall Gone - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccall Gone

Wee shame. Seems like he's bottled it and resigned so that he's associated with 3 good league seasons (his cup record is a disgrace) rather than the 1 where he relegates well.

Only Derek Adams is a bigger fvd in the scottish football scene, so I expect well to go for him.

He tried to walk after the Dundee debacle and was persuaded to stay by Weir. He has walked entirely against the boards wishing. I believe he has done the right thing as he seemed incapable of turning this slump around. His record this season is beyond poor and it needed the change to happen to improve the situation.

I'm sad to see him go, but it is perhaps for the best, it's gone really stale and we are truly awful at the moment.

I hope he'll be remembered for the last few months of the 2012/13 season where Motherwell were playing the best football I've seen at fir park. Rather than the last 5 games.

He did a great job, particularly finishing 2nd last season despite losing the core of his team in the summer.

Don't really understand the hate from the Dons fans for the Scotland number 2?

Was it this?

289249-aberdeen-0-1-motherwell-may-2014.

Or just this?

mYfBHoYzwSqM4vEV81cDIag.jpg

I'm sad to see him go, but it is perhaps for the best, it's gone really stale and we are truly awful at the moment.

I hope he'll be remembered for the last few months of the 2012/13 season where Motherwell were playing the best football I've seen at fir park. Rather than the last 5 games.

He did a great job, particularly finishing 2nd last season despite losing the core of his team in the summer.

Don't really understand the hate from the Dons fans for the Scotland number 2?

Was it this?

289249-aberdeen-0-1-motherwell-may-2014.

Or just this?

mYfBHoYzwSqM4vEV81cDIag.jpg

Bit of both!

He annoyed a lot of folk with his "what goes around, comes around" comment. And aye, being a great player at rangers won't endear anyone to many Dons fans! I loved him for Scotland though

Probably needs a new challenge and doubt he will have any trouble getting a new club.

Wonder how this will effect his position in Gordon Strachans coaching set up.

Part of the reason Strachan brought him in was to give him a guy who is based in Scotland and knows football within Scotland.... if he moves to a club in England, that is Strachan left with no Scottish-based coaches on his team.

Suppose until that happens gives him more chance to work with Scotland checking out home based players.