New Ticketing System Now Live - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Ticketing System Now Live

Brummie Hibs

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

Complete madness.I was just making the point of why would they change the loyalty points of some members when they were just transferring to a new system.What made them do that?

Nothing has changed between changing to the new system so why would they change some people's points totals?Would be interested in what their answer would be to that question.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Nothing has changed between changing to the new system so why would they change some people's points totals?Would be interested in what their answer would be to that question.

Clearly it wasn’t done on purpose. Some sort of technical balls up. 

1 hour ago, Haggis_trap said:

I had similar issue.
Delete him from friends and family then re-add (he will need to re-approve).
Should hopefully solve your problem.

It is a cr@p website for sure!

I'll give it a bash, cheers

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Sent them two e-mails about it as my points are still showing incorrectly and yet to have a response. 

10 hours ago, thesaint said:

Complete madness.I was just making the point of why would they change the loyalty points of some members when they were just transferring to a new system.What made them do that?

Fat fingers?

Bought tickets individually for multiple games for 2 people and changing price categories OK, except for one error.

image.png.5eaa9af34c10face1d35ded96830b924.png

I had to complete the purchase of each game individually to avoid that.

The "max allowed is 5" part is bogus, since with a total of 4 tickets (total for 2 games) in my order, I still got that error.   One game at a time though, and worked OK (for 2 people).

See just over 20000 5 match packages sold.Actually thought that with nearly 40000 members there might have been more than that sold.Suppose not everybody can afford to come up with the dosh to buy all the tickets up front.Also probably quite a few can't make all the games.Just thought there might have been nearer 30000 sold

It must be a joy to be so fluent and competent in software and IT systems to be able to offer praise to the SSC/SFA on the introduction and roll out of this new ticketing system. To my knowledge there was no prior consultation with stakeholders and not least the 38000 fee paying stakeholders. The enterprise to date, from my perspective, has failed miserably on pre introduction and post introduction communication. A famous Rowntree pioneer of management once quoted ‘Communication is the essence of good management’. An ingredient sadly lacking in this initiative.

No information has been given nor answered on how children will be accommodated. Last year l was fortunate enough to attend home matches with two of my grandchildren and one great grandchild, ages 4, 8 and 11. Purchasing tickets was a breeze and all under my email address. Now the children have been forced by the SSC/SFA to have an individual email address assigned to them which must be distinct from other friends and family. Dictating a four year old child must have an email address is bonkers and some might suggest verging on illegal. Email addresses had to be assigned to activate friends and family but no answers have been forthcoming as to how this can and will operate at the turnstile. Young children do not have phones and the the accompanying adult will not have access to the email address assigned to the children. The children were linked to other adult relative emails for very obvious reasons but the SSC/SFA dictate is such that they cannot be other friends and family.

Why can’t the SSC/SFA be open and transparent and communicate concisely and directly. No answers are offered which gives a tendency to think the answers are not in place. I am told Twitter and other social media are often used by SSC/SFA to answer queries from time to time. These are not public forums. I am seventy plus, luckily l have a smart phone but am not and never will be on any social media such as Twitter, Facebook etc..

Robust pre consultation communication with key stakeholders may well have identified the many problem areas outlined on this forum rather than introducing the system in apparent haste. Consideration for the young, elderly and those with little knowledge of software systems has lacked equity and inclusion. There is an assumption that all are fluent and competent in modern systems. Some might say tantamount to ageism, not just for the elderly- the young too!

1 hour ago, Wallace1953 said:

It must be a joy to be so fluent and competent in software and IT systems to be able to offer praise to the SSC/SFA on the introduction and roll out of this new ticketing system. To my knowledge there was no prior consultation with stakeholders and not least the 38000 fee paying stakeholders. The enterprise to date, from my perspective, has failed miserably on pre introduction and post introduction communication. A famous Rowntree pioneer of management once quoted ‘Communication is the essence of good management’. An ingredient sadly lacking in this initiative.

No information has been given nor answered on how children will be accommodated. Last year l was fortunate enough to attend home matches with two of my grandchildren and one great grandchild, ages 4, 8 and 11. Purchasing tickets was a breeze and all under my email address. Now the children have been forced by the SSC/SFA to have an individual email address assigned to them which must be distinct from other friends and family. Dictating a four year old child must have an email address is bonkers and some might suggest verging on illegal. Email addresses had to be assigned to activate friends and family but no answers have been forthcoming as to how this can and will operate at the turnstile. Young children do not have phones and the the accompanying adult will not have access to the email address assigned to the children. The children were linked to other adult relative emails for very obvious reasons but the SSC/SFA dictate is such that they cannot be other friends and family.

Why can’t the SSC/SFA be open and transparent and communicate concisely and directly. No answers are offered which gives a tendency to think the answers are not in place. I am told Twitter and other social media are often used by SSC/SFA to answer queries from time to time. These are not public forums. I am seventy plus, luckily l have a smart phone but am not and never will be on any social media such as Twitter, Facebook etc..

Robust pre consultation communication with key stakeholders may well have identified the many problem areas outlined on this forum rather than introducing the system in apparent haste. Consideration for the young, elderly and those with little knowledge of software systems has lacked equity and inclusion. There is an assumption that all are fluent and competent in modern systems. Some might say tantamount to ageism, not just for the elderly- the young too!

Best post on here for a long time 👏👏👏

12 hours ago, thesaint said:

See just over 20000 5 match packages sold.Actually thought that with nearly 40000 members there might have been more than that sold.Suppose not everybody can afford to come up with the dosh to buy all the tickets up front.Also probably quite a few can't make all the games.Just thought there might have been nearer 30000 sold

I think 20,000 is more than normal. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think 20,000 is more than normal. 

Definitely. Really surprised me how many have sold for an inferior package to last time.

I bought some individual tickets yesterday but there wasn't that great a seat selection left at all.

Edited by Toepoke

11 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Definitely. Really surprised me how many have sold for an inferior package to last time.

I bought some individual tickets yesterday but there wasn't that great a seat selection left at all.

I think we usually sell about 10K season tickets. Just shows what a wee bit of success can do for ticket sales.

Plus 10k+ people are saving thousands of their hard earned pounds for the take over of Germany in 3 months time. Not everyone has another couple hundred spare. So not a bad sale so far for a package that includes 2 friendlies and many midweek games.

Edited by YesTA

3 hours ago, Wallace1953 said:

I totally agree with all of this, unfortunately the SSC/SFA are not the only organisation to think pre consultation with stakeholders before implementation a new system is worth considering, it happens in business all the time. But that doesn’t mean its ok to do it.
I cannot believe they are expecting people to go along with the ‘ trust us, it will be all right on the night ’ , in particular surrounding the kids email/ ticket situation. I haven’t been affected by this but I would be feeling the exact same as everyone else if I was in that position.

I don’t think enough consideration is given to the fact everyone’s lifestyle is not absorbed in  technology. It’s only my job that has kept me fairly proficient with this. When I retire, soon,  I expect my knowledge to drop significantly. The SSC should be encouraging generations of families to go to watch the national team, not make things more complicated for them.
No one can prevent technology moving on , but as you say, good communication can go a long way to overcoming potential issues. 

15 hours ago, thesaint said:

I can’t believe they actually sold out the packages, but I think it was more to do with the package numbers being restricted than lack of demand. I was absolutely certain everyone who wanted a package would get them. I am happy though that a good number of tickets were left for individual sales, that is the right thing to do. And it still allows people who didn’t get a package to buy all the tickets individually. 

The ticket sales have gradually being increasing though. The last campaign I forgot to buy my package and only remembered about a week or so after they went on sale. I was struggling to get 2 seats together in the west stand and nothing at all in the north. Prior to that campaign I could have bought the package a month after going on sale and would still have had a decent choice of where to sit. 

4 hours ago, Wallace1953 said:

Yes really good post….. I have to say i found the old system with emails containing tickets worked fine for me with daughter & grandson- I fully expect the SFA to get the new app right & include children’s tickets etc on the app as they will be fully aware that a lot of kids particularly young ones you refer to do not have smartphones

4 hours ago, Wallace1953 said:

Completely agree with this - the lack of communication about the whole system has been shambles and would have been better to use this year as a trial for a proportion of volunteers to test everything live prior to launching next year when memberships renewals are required.

There has been too many changes made with very short notice given to members to make appropriate changes to their accounts/buying habits with these seemingly only announced through social media replies