New Ticketing System Now Live - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Ticketing System Now Live

Brummie Hibs

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Disagree, goalposts are moving. Points have always been awarded for buying a home ticket, If you are loyal enough to buy a season ticket and your Dad goes to a Tuesday night game instead of you then that’s fine in my book. 

You’ve bought the ticket, work shift in November means you can’t get a random Tuesday night off.  What are you supposed to do, no way of even selling the ticket back as far as I can tell?

J

If you know you are going to be on shift for one of the games then don't buy the ticket. Your dad can buy his own ticket or you can buy a separate one for him if you want.

Their communications really are a shambles. Communicating via twitter is just nonsense. Every member should be getting the same information. They are basically saying that they are changing they way ticketing will work but just buy the tickets and trust us to sort it out before you need to use the tickets. 

52 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If you know you are going to be on shift for one of the games then don't buy the ticket. Your dad can buy his own ticket or you can buy a separate one for him if you want.

Shift in November?

It’s February now. 

J

On 2/22/2024 at 5:00 PM, Martino said:

We have about 15 of our 20 signed up no problem. Only issue is the kids that are linked to adult accounts. E-mail says;

Each online ticketing account requires a unique email address.

But the kids don't have their own email. Has anyone got past this issue?  Adults have managed to set up their account and link into our F&F but how would the kids do it as you only need to input an e-mail then "generate new password" doesn't give the option to split it by SSC number

Seen this post on facebook if your using gmail. Hope it helps.

For those needing kids email you can use this trick on Gmail

Append a plus ("+") sign and any combination of words or numbers after your email address. For example, if your name was hikingfan@gmail.com, you could send mail to hikingfan+friends@gmail.com or hikingfan+mailinglists@gmail.com.

Or

Insert one or several dots (".") anywhere in your email address. Gmail doesn't recognize periods as characters in addresses -- we just ignore them. For example, you could tell people your address was hikingfan@gmail.com, hiking.fan@gmail.com or hi.kin.g.fan@gmail.com.

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Shift in November?

It’s February now. 

J

When I worked shifts I knew exactly when I was on. 4 on 4 off. Wasn't hard to work out. 

If you work random shifts then it's your decision. Take the shift, or go to the game. Your choice.

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Shift in November?

It’s February now. 

J

Good luck - I don’t think there’s any reasoning in this debate. 🤣

I think it’s a step too far as well. 

For the most recent home game I got offered hospitality. First time ever at Hampden hospo.

I sold my ticket to someone on TAMB and managed to help someone out. If the same thing happened in future, I’d have to miss out on a point despite being at game, or miss out on the (twice) in a lifetime prawn sandwiches. 

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

That is a joke. A member with every intention of going to the game falls ill the day before and can’t manage. For the sheer audacity of falling ill , and despite history showing you have turned up at every game, you will not get a point and nor shall you pass your ticket on. 
For a supposed advanced system it has pretty victorian rules. You want to transfer your ticket boy ???? You want MORE ???

So, I have this wedding that most likely means I wont get to the Portugal game . I either buy a package for my husband and I and throw circa £70 oot the window, or we have to wait for every single individual sale and just take whatever shitey seat is left each time. Possibly sitting apart (small bonus admittedly ) 
What next , flogging empty seats at half time to maximise profit? 

Of course I will take all this back if there is an actual workaround yet to be announced 😆

Big problem for me is the individual sale. I wish it would go back to x amount of weeks before the game.

The fact all tickets are released at once is a joke, more so now if you cant transfer them.

Living in the Western Isles it costs me about £400 and 3 days holiday to go to a game. The four of usup here in the supporters club are  supposed to know were we are in six months time?

Pass me the crystal ball.

What a load of shite about buying in good faith 6 months before the game takes place. If you buy your club season ticket you’re buying games over a year away that can be changed with a few weeks notice

If it means that someone on the cusp of the threshold who missed out on a World Cup/Euros ticket isn’t shafted up the nine darter because people have harvested then it can only be a good thing

I wonder how many people on the 10/11 point missed out in the Euros sale in December because members of the elite had a cold, shift change or couldnae be fucked going

Its a welcome addition as far as I’m concerned

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Big problem for me is the individual sale. I wish it would go back to x amount of weeks before the game.

The fact all tickets are released at once is a joke, more so now if you cant transfer them.

Living in the Western Isles it costs me about £400 and 3 days holiday to go to a game. The four of usup here in the supporters club are  supposed to know were we are in six months time?

That’s the way the jobby splatters. Maybe you you should go and support your local shinty club or attend the annual sheep sheering competition

This is a big issue re whether a member ticket is transferable or not.

Many of us have bought into “Season Tickets” for a year or campaign when we were shit, just to try and all get sat together in an area with a decent view not because the team were any good.

Pre QR Codes, a wad of proper paper tickets were sent to you. Even in QR code times I still print our tickets off to save farting about with a phone at a turnstile.
Never do I recall if you couldn’t make a match you weren’t supposed to give your ticket away. Everyone must have done this at sometime.

So are the SFA saying, buy the five match package but you can’t give away a ticket if you are Ill or circumstances change, as we are giving you a poxy point for attending or going through a turnstile.

Nobody buying a five match package or season ticket does it with the intention of harvesting points. To think otherwise is the SFA showing disrespect for the SSC members.

1 hour ago, Jzw85 said:

Is there a discount on the tickets this time?  I can’t see any for this 5 match package 

You get a discount for being a member, but this time round there is no extra discount for buying the five match package.

9 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

What a load of shite about buying in good faith 6 months before the game takes place. If you buy your club season ticket you’re buying games over a year away that can be changed with a few weeks notice

If it means that someone on the cusp of the threshold who missed out on a World Cup/Euros ticket isn’t shafted up the nine darter because people have harvested then it can only be a good thing

I wonder how many people on the 10/11 point missed out in the Euros sale in December because members of the elite had a cold, shift change or couldnae be fucked going

Its a welcome addition as far as I’m concerned

Must be lonely up there in your ivory tower . 🙄

Can you actually harvest home points ? Is there not enough tickets available for home games for ALL SSC members as they get first dibs ?   

Can season tickets for club games not be passed to family or friends ? 

13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Do you mean you would prefer everyone to have to buy tickets as the games came along rather than a package ? 
People would certainly have a better idea if they could manage when its closer to the  games but the SFA will never do this.

They want to have your money upfront and to have you by the balls . This may work when we are in a purple patch like just now but when we are shite again, which will happen at some point , no one will pay for a package if they have no way of passing on tickets. I think the SFA  are shooting themselves in the foot.
It may end up more like individual ticket sales that would suit you right enough. 

I live in the central belt and its easy for me to attend home games. Some folk think that jumping on a plane to Cyprus for a wee holiday cum football match makes them a super fan but travelling from where you are , particularly mid week, to Hampden in the often pishin rain, makes you much more committed. 

Edited by TDYER63

Just now, Orraloon said:

Of course you can. Sounds like you have been doing it on a regular basis. 

😂 I do not harvest I buy in good faith I can attend the match but if something unexpected crops up I have given my tickets to someone who is desperate to go. Have you never passed on your ticket ? I have mainly given my  tickets to folk who have kids and they have loved it. Infact I think I should be awarded another point for encouraging the next generation of harvesters. 

What I mean is you cannot prevent another SSC from getting a ticket just because you have bought a package like DTS suggests. Is there not enough tickets for all members to get a ticket? 

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 I do not harvest I buy in good faith I can attend the match but if something unexpected crops up I have given my tickets to someone who is desperate to go. Have you never passed on your ticket ? I have mainly given my  tickets to folk who have kids and they have loved it. Infact I think I should be awarded another point for encouraging the next generation of harvesters. 

What I mean is you cannot prevent another SSC from getting a ticket just because you have bought a package like DTS suggests. Is there not enough tickets for all members to get a ticket? 

You got a loyalty point for a game that you didn't attend. That is the very definition of "point harvesting".

3 hours ago, Jzw85 said:

Is there a discount on the tickets this time?  I can’t see any for this 5 match package 

I dint believe so... same price if you buy single tickets. The discount is on the public sale, but wait we pay a membership fee that other don't...

23 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I’d imagine like most club season tickets they’ll be a facility to return tickets to the SFA for games you can’t attend

I would think that would be the intention, but it will probably take them about 10 years to get that bit to work.