New Ticketing System Now Live - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Ticketing System Now Live

Brummie Hibs

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Member tickets weren't supposed to be transferable previously either. Hopefully they're not going down the UEFA route of tying tickets to a specific phone.

I thought it was only away tickets that weren’t transferable. I cant see any benefit whatsoever in enforcing this if they are. Seats lying empty. when there is a queue of folk wanting a ticket . There are various reasons people cant go to a game, many of them unforeseen. Are folk just supposed to be left with a ticket ?  If they are doing this then I would hope they provide a sell back facility. Its one thing bring left with a ticket as no one wants to buy it. Its another to be left with it because you have no way of passing it on. Its not like Hampden has suddenly been overrun with mad bams using second hand tickets. 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I thought it was only away tickets that weren’t transferable. I cant see any benefit whatsoever in enforcing this if they are. Seats lying empty. when there is a queue of folk wanting a ticket . There are various reasons people cant go to a game, many of them unforeseen. Are folk just supposed to be left with a ticket ?  If they are doing this then I would hope they provide a sell back facility. Its one thing bring left with a ticket as no one wants to buy it. Its another to be left with it because you have no way of passing it on. Its not like Hampden has suddenly been overrun with mad bams using second hand tickets. 

Exactly this.

Tying people into a five match package, 3 of which are more than 6 months into the future. Nobody knows what their priorities may be come game time. There may even be some no longer around to have the option of attending.

Bought in good faith, should be able to transfer in good faith if personal circumstances necessitate it. Same as concert tickets and 6 nations tickets. Another case of common sense losing out to the so-called convenience of technology.

Edited by Barney Rubble

I set up accounts for myself and my 2 boys but during the process I was placed in a queue a few times to gain access to the ticketing portal. Only a minute or so.

Ok, so a fair few folk just now may be setting up accounts as its the first day at 7pm but that doesn't bode well for when tickets go on sale on high demand matches for wait times to get into the ticketing system. 

59 minutes ago, oneforcolin said:

Take a picture of the QR code and send it to whoever is using it. 

Murrayfield and the Principality in Cardiff use an app with a constantly refreshing QR code. No way to screen grab. However you can transfer through the app to a friend or family. 

Similarly the SRU season ticket is exactly that. A single ticket that lets you into to all Murrayfield home games. No way to transfer individual tickets.

It appears that SSC members are buying an inferior product to general sale people who can sell or pass on their tickets no problem. Where as ST holders are locked in. 

Doesn't seem right to me.

5 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Murrayfield and the Principality in Cardiff use an app with a constantly refreshing QR code. No way to screen grab. However you can transfer through the app to a friend or family. 

Similarly the SRU season ticket is exactly that. A single ticket that lets you into to all Murrayfield home games. No way to transfer individual tickets.

It appears that SSC members are buying an inferior product to general sale people who can sell or pass on their tickets no problem. Where as ST holders are locked in. 

Doesn't seem right to me.

Probably the way it should be but unless they’ve built that into the new system then a picture of the QR code will get u in. Obviously only works once per ticket.

No reason why a member should lose out (financially not points-wise) because they can’t make a game for whatever reason when they have forked out for the full package. 

11 minutes ago, Northern Light said:

I got the first email but not the follow up one, same for my son. I would appreciate someone posting a copy of the email with instructions on setting up your account please

To be honest I have just gone onto the Supporters club page and requested a new password, now logged in to the SSC Page.

28 minutes ago, Clootie Dumpling said:

To be honest I have just gone onto the Supporters club page and requested a new password, now logged in to the SSC Page.

Great thanks, just done the same for me and my son and set up as friends and family so all worked okay. Not sure it will be that simple come next Tuesday though!!

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Member tickets weren't supposed to be transferable previously either. Hopefully they're not going down the UEFA route of tying tickets to a specific phone.

It's going to be app based so the person will need your details to be logged in to the app.  I understand the QR code will constantly refresh like the SRU type.

7 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Emails sent out

I can see a lot of problems getting large Friends & Family reconnected before next Tuesday.

Also, does "a new Hampden Park Ticket App, this will enable fans to download their digital tickets and transfer them to others (member tickets are non-transferable)." mean that SSC members cannot give away their tickets?

That is what it reads like. Anyone emailed them yet? 

Took a while for the second email to drop for my son. Though they will be sent out in batches over a good few hours, automated.

Whilst technologically it may be better, and I am baffled it has taken this long to get a ticket app on the go etc my biggest issue with it is that it is not ready for production use. All the points are taken from "Test Import" and there are large parts of it that are unstyled, making it look shoddy.

I'm presuming these things will be tidied up in due course, and it was just rushed out the door by Secutix to meet the deadline. I wouldn't necessarily lay the blame at the door of the SFA specifically on that one, we've all been promised the world by 3rd party contractors and then let down when it came to the crunch.

17 minutes ago, mwng said:

So do you have to have your own app for your tickets to work?

Do I now have to buy my 9yr old a phone so she can download her ticket?

All questions that would be quite nice to have an answer.

Instead we are thrown in and the SFA continue with “it will be alright on the night” attitude. 

More comms desperately required.

J

1 hour ago, mwng said:

So do you have to have your own app for your tickets to work?

Do I now have to buy my 9yr old a phone so she can download her ticket?

I presume as the accounts are linked, if you buy it for them it should show on the one app. 

If not, simple option is to add a secure folder to your phone and duplicate the app in there and sign in under their account.  

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't think I am transferred to the new platform as I tried to just sign into it like my mates and it's not recognising me. 

So I'm either fucked or having to wait.

First post here. only been a member for 16 years

Request a new password and you will be able to sign in.

28 minutes ago, Jzw85 said:

What is the actual app? They are using not had an email about downloading any apps 

The app is not live yet, you will be able to download that at a later date as per the email

54 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

If not, simple option is to add a secure folder to your phone and duplicate the app in there and sign in under their account.  

This will be like Swahili to many people . It would be shockingly bad communication at this late stage if this is required. 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

This will be like Swahili to many people . It would be shockingly bad communication at this late stage if this is required. 

The comms on this have been very poor.  I can see some test transactions ok my account too - which is clearly a concern if UAT data has migrated to Prod - albeit, it has added 3 points to my Loyalty pot.