Six Nations 2024 - Page 2 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Six Nations 2024

Hertsscot

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t watch rugby but came on simply to say Scotland were robbed there , it was bloody obvious it was down , you dont need to know anything about rugby to see that. It was clear on 2 of the shots. Would be raging if I was a rugby fan. The angle with it below the french players arm and also on a shot that clearly showed the top of the ball was too close to the ground for the bottom not to be on it. Unbelievable. 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I don’t watch rugby but came on simply to say Scotland were robbed there , it was bloody obvious it was down , you dont need to know anything about rugby to see that. It was clear on 2 of the shots. Would be raging if I was a rugby fan. The angle with it below the french players arm and also on a shot that clearly showed the top of the ball was too close to the ground for the bottom not to be on it. Unbelievable. 

Shocking decision 😡😡

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

The build-up and initial Eng v Wales commentary has added chips to my shoulders already...

36 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm raging at this ending. I honestly believed we could get 2nd this year and possibly take it to the last match v Ireland 

Lots of chat online about it being our own fault for not making better decisions in the second half/while their player was off the field...Fair enough but when a decision decides the match and possibly the outcome of the tournament then the prev 79 mins fades out a bit. Pity they don't have sensors in the ball/grass like they do in the gum shields! 

7 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Lots of chat online about it being our own fault for not making better decisions in the second half/while their player was off the field...Fair enough but when a decision decides the match and possibly the outcome of the tournament then the prev 79 mins fades out a bit. Pity they don't have sensors in the ball/grass like they do in the gum shields! 

GF_QNY-W0AAknZ5.jpeg

GF_SPDNWQAAEIIz.jpeg

11 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

The problem with talk like that is in this instance scotland did enough to win the game

The grounded the ball over the try line within the allotted time. The referee and the TMO got it wrong

Football's life and death, and rugby is a game for me, but I'm raging at that.

Earlier, I was very disappointed that we didn't pick up points during their yellow card.   We always seem to lose 7 minimum.   I can understand going for the 2nd scrum, as we were a man up and France were in danger of getting a 2nd yellow from consecutive penalties, but I wanted the safe 3pts just to stretch the lead before HT.

3 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Football's life and death, and rugby is a game for me, but I'm raging at that.

Earlier, I was very disappointed that we didn't pick up points during their yellow card.   We always seem to lose 7 minimum.   I can understand going for the 2nd scrum, as we were a man up and France were in danger of getting a 2nd yellow from consecutive penalties, but I wanted the safe 3pts just to stretch the lead before HT.

Absolutely this.

What is this obsession for gambling for 7 points when 3 points are being offered on a plate?

The time to gamble on 7 is in the last quarter of the game if you are behind.

Certainly not when you are in the first half with a free opportunity to add to your lead.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Van der Merwe looks like a computer generated superior being 😀

Redpath been a good sub so far. 

Just said similar to Mrs B,  when i grow up that's what I want to look like 😁