Scottish cup 2023/24 - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup 2023/24

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There is but if they hypothetically gave you 50% to start, where do you start selling them? You can't sell the north and south at the same time or else you'd end up with 15,000 empty seats behind the goals. 

Sell from the north-south, at least it looks decent enough on tv for the viewers and both teams get the best stand/view to start off with. We clearly know the segregation issues mentioned for the LC final are a blatant lie, it’s about time these cunts were pulled up on it. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh FFS, no you anaw. I actually like you, but now you show your real colours.. Have you noticed it's always the same crew that hound me?  Your wee kleek is there for all to see.. Think your having a wee breakdown, so I'll let you off. You are the only decent don on this board. The rest are greetin faced wee bairns.... No ma fault they support a wee Diddy club...

Hope your not making light of my mental state with the wee breakdown jibe 😱 My wee Diddy club is Scotlands most successful club in European club competitions 🏆🏆& have never lost a European final, the Chase even asked who was Scotlands most successful club in Europe 🇦🇹🇦🇹, aye we’re shite just now but every club goes through shite periods, I remember another annoying wee Canadian had to save your club a few years back.

46 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Sell from the north-south, at least it looks decent enough on tv for the viewers and both teams get the best stand/view to start off with. We clearly know the segregation issues mentioned for the LC final are a blatant lie, it’s about time these cunts were pulled up on it. 

Would Aberdeen accept not having any South Stand tickets?

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Wrong link.. 😂😂. Was posting that Silva banger for Sevco yesterday. Worst dive inside the box I have ever seen.....

It's clear he fell over his feet, hence why everyone in Hampden laughed at it.

I bet you actually think he was after a penalty too. 

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Would Aberdeen accept not having any South Stand tickets?

Would certainly reduce the chance of not having things thrown at you from above, another alleged no no that seemed perfectly acceptable to do on Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Would certainly reduce the chance of not having things thrown at you from above, another alleged no no that seemed perfectly acceptable to do on Saturday. 

That appears to be acceptable every time we play one of the OF, shouldn’t be acceptable & the response from the Glasgow polis & stewards is definitely never acceptable.

21 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Hope your not making light of my mental state with the wee breakdown jibe 😱 My wee Diddy club is Scotlands most successful club in European club competitions 🏆🏆& have never lost a European final, the Chase even asked who was Scotlands most successful club in Europe 🇦🇹🇦🇹, aye we’re shite just now but every club goes through shite periods, I remember another annoying wee Canadian had to save your club a few years back.

Oh FFS😂😂😂

7 hours ago, Redz said:

- Cost (In general given location, 4 expensive European away games, and 2 trips to Hampden already) - KO time / Live on council tv (Hypothetical, of course, but I doubt any other clubs out with Celtic / Rangers would take the numbers we take to Glasgow if the semi finals / finals were played in Aberdeen under identical circumstances)

- No appetite to watch us take our 'routine' scudding off Celtic in Glasgow without much / any resistance

The 12:30pm ko time is a killer for fans that have to travel any distance. Its the worst of the TV slots. 

It's the first semi final I've missed in ages. 

Train prices from the East Midlands to Glasgow have doubled since covid and there's definitely less trains running now.

The earliest I could have got into Central station was 12:15pm, and would have been panicking about catching the 5pm one home. A 20min delay on route going home would have meant getting stranded in Crewe or Preston. 

Your right, too many hidings v Celtic in  recent memory didn't help, plus the League cup final surrender really scunnered me. 

18 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Probably all fair points. I'll add another in, Aberdeen have a very substantial minority  of their support from the central belt. 

I could name half a dozen folk i know from Saltcoats/Ardrossan/Stevenston alone who go to more away games watching Aberdeen than they do at Pittodrie. 

I've never known a Hearts or Hibs fan from the same area. I'm pretty sure that's replicated across much of the central belt as when i was at Uni there were two Dons fans in my class and 1 was from Strathaven and one was from Clydebank!

There can't be a semi final at a weekend in the last 40 years where the crowd has been as low. Not a dig, just an observation as we had similar numbers vs Celtic at Hampden in the league cup last year. Admittedly a lot closer but off a lot smaller fan base. 

Didn't take it as one

We actually took a dismal 5/6000 v Hibs to a Sunday, 6pm KO, semi final, previously (Another Fuk U vote of sorts to the authorities) - There will be similar / poorer examples from other clubs, I just can't be bothered looking

My hypothetical point in this case was if any of the other clubs (Out with Cel / Ran) had to go to Aberdeen for a semi, even as a one off, that I doubt any would take more than the pish poor 9000 that we took on Saturday - However, and excluding all of my other points completely, using that example would be a far better barometer IMHO

18 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There is but if they hypothetically gave you 50% to start, where do you start selling them? You can't sell the north and south at the same time or else you'd end up with 15,000 empty seats behind the goals. 

There's nothing hypothetical about it SH

That's exactly what we did on Sat, and have done previously

We started from the South, had up to B8(?), didn't sell them, and handed them over to Celtic

Alternatively, do what DD suggests

One things for sure, the decision to change this to HAVING to pay for tickets you might not sell - Especially when there's already a perfect solution / precedent in place - Is to put clubs off so that Cel / Ran get more tickets

No wonder folk can't be bothered.....

16 hours ago, Dairbee said:

The 12:30pm ko time is a killer for fans that have to travel any distance. Its the worst of the TV slots. 

It's the first semi final I've missed in ages. 

Train prices from the East Midlands to Glasgow have doubled since covid and there's definitely less trains running now.

The earliest I could have got into Central station was 12:15pm, and would have been panicking about catching the 5pm one home. A 20min delay on route going home would have meant getting stranded in Crewe or Preston. 

Your right, too many hidings v Celtic in  recent memory didn't help, plus the League cup final surrender really scunnered me. 

Aye, I don't think the first train from ABZ made it in time for ko either

You would have made your 5pm one back though - We were back in Central by 4pm, for our 5.30 train to London - Any delay is on the operator these days, too

'Scunnered' is exactly the ideal word, though - And not solely for pumping's from Celtic

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yeah was same when we played them. 

Just seems strange that the rules of segregation can be applied when it suits the narrative. 

This is what all of the other clubs need to be calling out, Aberdeen denied the north stand, because segregation isn’t possible, Aberdeen being denied more than the 40000 odd they got at Parkhead, as they couldn’t be seated above ICT fans, it’s just a sham that’s turned into the norm and no one has the balls to challenge the top brass. 

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Didn't take it as one

We actually took a dismal 5/6000 v Hibs to a Sunday, 6pm KO, semi final, previously (Another Fuk U vote of sorts to the authorities) - There will be similar / poorer examples from other clubs, I just can't be bothered looking

My hypothetical point in this case was if any of the other clubs (Out with Cel / Ran) had to go to Aberdeen for a semi, even as a one off, that I doubt any would take more than the pish poor 9000 that we took on Saturday - However, and excluding all of my other points completely, using that example would be a far better barometer IMHO

I think Hearts would. They are the only other club comparable in size. 

On 4/22/2024 at 10:07 AM, Redz said:

We 'asked for it to start' at 50/50 - That's a reasonable stance for any club I think

Insisting clubs buy the lot and stump up for any shortfall shines the light brighter on potential bias

Selling section by section works (Hibs apart), then hand back if unsold by a given date

In terms of any boycott ?  Yes, I think there was

Our 'average' semi final uptake is between 12-15k, and Saturday was well short of that

There's a number of contributory factors: 

- A chairman / board that lies to it's fan base (The main one)

- Awful football

- Cost (In general given location, 4 expensive European away games, and 2 trips to Hampden already) - KO time / Live on council tv (Hypothetical, of course, but I doubt any other clubs out with Celtic / Rangers would take the numbers we take to Glasgow if the semi finals / finals were played in Aberdeen under identical circumstances)

- No appetite to watch us take our 'routine' scudding off Celtic in Glasgow without much / any resistance

- A growing desire of not being prepared to fund a rigged event any longer (A topic in it's own right, granted)

Whilst it was gutting to lose that game, it must have been a neutrals ideal to watch on TV

Anyway, we 'consoled' ourselves with unlimited drinks (First class upgrade 'bid' whilst waiting for our train at Central was successful) heading back South - Followed by the Pub until 3am - Still feeling like a burst couch this morning!

*As an aside - It was actually quite refreshing (If that's the right word) to witness no segregation pre and post match. Conversations going to the game / on the train from MF between fans were honest with not a hint of bother

All fair and reasonable Redz, glad you had a good day despite the outcome. Your point about the segregation is interesting to me. I feel that a lot of the misunderstanding between fans these days stems from lack of interaction such are the levels of segregation now. It’s not just in the stadium, but in the pubs, the routes to and from etc etc.

Maybe there would be less antagonism if we all mixed a bit more freely or maybe I’m just a feckin daydreamer 😀

On 4/23/2024 at 11:28 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

I think Hearts would. They are the only other club comparable in size. 

I really doubt that

Didn't sell their allocation for a LCSF in their own city at ER

Take a pathetic 500 ish to AB24 on league business - 800 on an exceptionally good day

We'll never know though - Happy enough just agreeing to disagree 👍

9 minutes ago, Redz said:

I really doubt that

Didn't sell their allocation for a LCSF in their own city at ER

That was many years ago, Hearts regular matchday going support has grown massively since then. 

They are comfortably the biggest supported team in Scotland now IMO, certainly at home. 

13 hours ago, slasher said:

All fair and reasonable Redz, glad you had a good day despite the outcome. Your point about the segregation is interesting to me. I feel that a lot of the misunderstanding between fans these days stems from lack of interaction such are the levels of segregation now. It’s not just in the stadium, but in the pubs, the routes to and from etc etc.

Maybe there would be less antagonism if we all mixed a bit more freely or maybe I’m just a feckin daydreamer 😀

Pubs were mixed in town before and after, no issues in terms of wearing colours, trains not segregated / policed on the way out or back, too - First time I've genuinely noticed that tbh

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That was many years ago, Hearts regular matchday going support has grown massively since then. 

They are comfortably the biggest supported team in Scotland now IMO, certainly at home. 

Just checked -2013

18 hours ago, Redz said:

Just checked -2013

11 years ago. Aberdeen had 40,000+ down in Glasgow around then.

I'd say since them Hearrs have very noticeably grown their regular support whilst Aberdeen/Hibs regular support has dropped off a bit. Particularly Hibs.

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

11 years ago. Aberdeen had 40,000+ down in Glasgow around then.

I'd say since them Hearrs have very noticeably grown their regular support whilst Aberdeen/Hibs regular support has dropped off a bit. Particularly Hibs.

Aberdeen's average attendance is higher this year than it was the year Aberdeen took 40,000 to Celtic park. There isn't really a drop off in support, Aberdeen's average home attendance has never been spectacular but it is better this season - down to Europe IMO 

The 40K to Glasgow was a one off and there were many factors for this. almost 20 years since the last trophy, a real chance of winning it with no OF opposition in the final. A brilliant semi final performance against St Johnstone with one of the best atmospheres I have seen at tynecastle. The best league form in years after being shit for years, a competent manager after years of having jokers at the helm.

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Aberdeen's average attendance is higher this year than it was the year Aberdeen took 40,000 to Celtic park. There isn't really a drop off in support, Aberdeen's average home attendance has never been spectacular but it is better this season - down to Europe IMO 

The 40K to Glasgow was a one off and there were many factors for this. almost 20 years since the last trophy, a real chance of winning it with no OF opposition in the final. A brilliant semi final performance against St Johnstone with one of the best atmospheres I have seen at tynecastle. The best league form in years after being shit for years, a competent manager after years of having jokers at the helm.

Aye, we should never underestimate the "glory hunter" effect. If folk think their team has a real good chance of winning, they are much more likely to go. It's the same for any club or country. Same reason why most Scotland games are now almost sell outs, when we struggled to get over 35,000 a few years ago.

On 4/22/2024 at 3:32 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Probably all fair points. I'll add another in, Aberdeen have a very substantial minority  of their support from the central belt. 

I could name half a dozen folk i know from Saltcoats/Ardrossan/Stevenston alone who go to more away games watching Aberdeen than they do at Pittodrie. 

I've never known a Hearts or Hibs fan from the same area. I'm pretty sure that's replicated across much of the central belt as when i was at Uni there were two Dons fans in my class and 1 was from Strathaven and one was from Clydebank!

There can't be a semi final at a weekend in the last 40 years where the crowd has been as low. Not a dig, just an observation as we had similar numbers vs Celtic at Hampden in the league cup last year. Admittedly a lot closer but off a lot smaller fan base. 

SH

A lad called Graeme Arnott by any chance ??