Where are you based in Germany? - Page 4 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where are you based in Germany?

AlfieMoon

12 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

All our games have been confirmed on UEFA website as 21:00 kick offs 

Ideal for the Munich and Stuttgart games. Long lie then travel down and catch a late/early train back to Dusseldorf after the game

Edited by DoonTheSlope

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Ideal for the Munich and Stuttgart games. Long lie then travel down and catch a late/early train back to Dusseldorf after the game

Load of us based on Koblenz and booked Airbnb’s for 2 weeks, delighted with the draw, Munich just over 4 hours and a great train ride, Cologne hour and a half, Stuttgart just over 2 hours. Happy to avoid 6-7 hour train journeys to Hamburg, Leipzig and Berlin. So our gamble paid off. 

Me and Marky ( who occasionally posts on here ) done a wee recce 8 days away in September ( Düsseldorf, Cologne, Koblenz and Munich ). And we’ve ended up with 2 of those host venues. 

Despite being the host nation I think Germany are one of the poorest of the pot 1 teams, nothing to fear from Hungary or Switzerland, the 4 best third place teams qualify for the last 16, one win could well do that, 4 points definitely, great chance of progressing.

I’m away for a lie down. 

42 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Got an early flight back from the Munich flight. Can sleep when I get home. 

19 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Load of us based on Koblenz and booked Airbnb’s for 2 weeks, delighted with the draw, Munich just over 4 hours and a great train ride, Cologne hour and a half, Stuttgart just over 2 hours. Happy to avoid 6-7 hour train journeys to Hamburg, Leipzig and Berlin. So our gamble paid off. 

Me and Marky ( who occasionally posts on here ) done a wee recce 8 days away in September ( Düsseldorf, Cologne, Koblenz and Munich ). And we’ve ended up with 2 of those host venues. 

Despite being the host nation I think Germany are one of the poorest of the pot 1 teams, nothing to fear from Hungary or Switzerland, the 4 best third place teams qualify for the last 16, one win could well do that, 4 points definitely, great chance of progressing.

I’m away for a lie down. 

Maybe catch up with you and Marky over a beer. Few of us from Guernsey going over. Taking ferry to St Malo on 12th then making way to Augsburg (near Munich) by  train over 2 days with a night stop over en route.  Probably do same return journey. Got hotels booked quite near each venue. Booked loads on free cancellation basis weeks ago. Now in process of cancelling the ones we don’t need 

46 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Maybe catch up with you and Marky over a beer. Few of us from Guernsey going over. Taking ferry to St Malo on 12th then making way to Augsburg (near Munich) by  train over 2 days with a night stop over en route.  Probably do same return journey. Got hotels booked quite near each venue. Booked loads on free cancellation basis weeks ago. Now in process of cancelling the ones we don’t need 

Guernsey and Jersey boys mixing, what could possibly go wrong 👀

We’ll have Marky’s sister with us who’s the popular prolific bird poster on here so she’ll look after us. 

Be good to catch up again mate 👍

Edited by Jersey Jim

Dublin to Munich on the 13th. Was on the ball and snagged it for 67 euros. Thought i had booked a flight back from Stuttgart on the 24th, but Opodo cancelled my booking (presumably because the price of flights shot up when they actually went to book them with KLM).

Moral of the story is: always book direct with the airlines, not the agencies Skyscanner uses.

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Nae idea why everybody was wetting their knickers about the price of flights, got booked up via stansted from Edinburgh for fuck all about a hour after the draw

My Gatwick flights have gone from £109 when I booked them just after the draw to £715. 

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

10 hours ago, dan cake said:

Nae idea why everybody was wetting their knickers about the price of flights, got booked up via stansted from Edinburgh for fuck all about a hour after the draw

That’s because it’ll be full of knuckle trailing Neanderthal guffs 😜

15 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Guernsey and Jersey boys mixing, what could possibly go wrong 👀

What,  like spending a kings ransom on hospitality tickets ,  booking travel to Koblenz, nowhere near Munich,   for 14 th june then a mad scramble to change the travel after Scotland are in the opening game.
Or how about leaving a bag with passports on a bus in Genoa and having to sit for hours at a wee koisk that sold beer , hoping the no25 bus would somehow pass by again ? 
Or getting so drunk you need to get carried to your  hotel and the manager refusing to let you in the normal lift and bundling you into the service elevator then breaking the bed futon that you fall into . 

That kinda thing ? 

2 hours ago, dougiemacfarlanearran said:

Booked this morning Edinburgh to Munich on the Thursday before opening game back on the Monday due to work 🥲 hotel 15 minutes outside Munich centre and next to rail station £800 all in so not too bad, just need tickets to go to 11 pointers on Wednesday as opening game would be awesome!

Is that for flights and hotel , ? Hoping to get over for the first game need to come back due to work commitments after the weekend 

12 minutes ago, Jzw85 said:

Is that for flights and hotel , ? Hoping to get over for the first game need to come back due to work commitments after the weekend 

Can’t help you getting out but here’s a suggestion for a way back! The train example to Vienna is for the Saturday 2 weeks before (15th June not on sale yet ) overnight in Vienna home Edinburgh Sunday morning! 

IMG_4107.png

IMG_4106.png

Will do the 2nd & 3rd games, with only a one-nighter booked so far:  nr. Frankfurt airport on arrival.

Booked flights from Newcastle after the draw as Glasgow prices were going up faster than I could type.   e.g. £100pp more when I realised I had to go back and add another.

If there are England fans on the flights at least they'll be Geordies 😄

Won't be stopping over in Frankfurt between games as they are playing there during that time.

8 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I'm sure you'll be fine 😅

Hope so! Didn’t check what other countries will be in Frankfurt when I booked. England fans will start to arrive as we head to Cologne but there will be a bit of a cross-over 🫣