Ticket allocations and SSC points - Page 20 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

2 fans first tickets for Germany and Hungary, and a Cat 3 for Switzerland.

Pretty straight forward, though the payment confirmation screen took a eternity to refresh, and was close to 2 minutes before my confirmation email hit my inbox (some of my group it was close to 10 minutes before they got that).

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

28 points, thousands of £ spent going to every game in the campaign and could only get category 3 tix. Seething. Got kicked out the system at payment point and had to start again

28 points and thousands spent going to every game in the campaign and you’re going to the finals. Why the seethe?

6 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

28 points and thousands spent going to every game in the campaign and you’re going to the finals. Why the seethe?

Having to pay €195 for a ticket when all the €50 ones went within 30 seconds to folks who needn't ever have gone to an away game

Well everyone eligible to buy today must have been to at least one away game as I believe the most points you could have from just attending home matches was 11.

A lot of rage about the travel club which should really be directed at UEFA to be honest. 
I agree that perhaps introducing additional windows for higher points would have been a nice touch but the real crime here is the jump in prices between different categories.

€400-€600 for one game is absolute shocking 

2 minutes ago, scottish and proud said:

Well everyone eligible to buy today must have been to at least one away game as I believe the most points you could have from just attending home matches was 11.

A lot of rage about the travel club which should really be directed at UEFA to be honest. 
I agree that perhaps introducing additional windows for higher points would have been a nice touch but the real crime here is the jump in prices between different categories.

€400-€600 for one game is absolute shocking 

It is possible because 2 bonus points are available. 

I agree with the rest of your points though. The SSC loyalty system is not designed to give people with high points first go at cheaper tickets. 

If it wasn’t for the huge discrepancy between the cheap tickets and expensive tickets nobody would be moaning about it. 

It wasn’t that difficult to get FF tickets today if you entered your code at 12:00 exactly. I got one easily enough for Munich and bought cat 3 tickets for the other 2 games as a choice (FF tickets were still available). 

16 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

Having to pay €195 for a ticket when all the €50 ones went within 30 seconds to folks who needn't ever have gone to an away game

How do you work that out. There were 2898 Fans first tickets for the Germany game. 12 points was the most you could have without going to an away game, so there are 5262 members on 13 or higher. Yes, there would have been a few 12 pointers got these tickets but a lot of guys who went to away games would have the 50 Euro tickets also. The issue is the ridiculous inflated prices UEFA are charging. 

I'll just add to Texas Petes's point that after some issues, I got in at 12:00 (+ a few seconds) and secured tickets, but my partner couldn't so I didn't proceed to checkout.

Getting two folk on the same category at the same time was the hold-up for me.

We all have our priorities though 😉

Edited by Grim Jim

9 minutes ago, Bingo Foot Soldier said:

Aye the only reason I had to get the €195 briefs was the kid and having to go back in. £500 for three games for me and him. £85 a game , not the worst.

Celtic v Rangers - £60

You're getting an absolute bargain then 😋

Actually €30 is great and €60 for the Euro Finals is not bad at all if you could get it, but they are ripping the pish with the next step ups.   Any empty seats at our games will be a shame on UEFA.

49 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It is possible because 2 bonus points are available. 

I agree with the rest of your points though. The SSC loyalty system is not designed to give people with high points first go at cheaper tickets. 

If it wasn’t for the huge discrepancy between the cheap tickets and expensive tickets nobody would be moaning about it. 

It wasn’t that difficult to get FF tickets today if you entered your code at 12:00 exactly. I got one easily enough for Munich and bought cat 3 tickets for the other 2 games as a choice (FF tickets were still available). 

I was in at 12 exactly and wasn’t able to get FF for any of the games. Just luck I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I was in at 12 exactly and wasn’t able to get FF for any of the games. Just luck I suppose. 

Yeah fair point. It seemed easy to me because I got them and my 3 mates all got the same as me but I appreciate that others weren’t as lucky. We all had our codes in the field from 11:55 and clicked submit at 12 on the dot. 

1 hour ago, GLOSTA said:

Nowhere within the terms and conditions of your membership does it state that you’re entitled to cheap tickets

1 hour ago, GLOSTA said:

When I went in a few seconds after 12 noon there were no FF €50 tickets for Munich when I clicked on the dropdown) didn’t just dive up to the €195 ones, but continued to click on the €50 ones probably about 10 times and one appeared in basket about a minute later. Same thing happened with the Swiss game. By the time I got to the last game was so happy I’d managed FF in first 2 just went for Cat 3 after first few attempts to get FF tickets failed. There is no logic in why that happened at the start, just the vagaries of the system. My fellow old git supporter (sitting next to me) not as IT wise or dexterous  got a Munich FF ticket about 2 minutes after I did. He lagged even further behind me (about 5 minutes)with the Cologne game and again got an FF ticket. I think there’s a big element of luck in this as well. Looks like tickets jumping in and out of baskets a bit certainly at the start. 

Really feel for the 11pointers tomorrow. Especially when €400 becomes €600 only left. I’d be in pain pushing that button to approve the payment. 🤣Consider myself lucky to have had first go yesterday. I would have had first goes at the cheap tickets if they had staggered the points but they didn’t and it’s not normal practice. There will be some people from the north and the islands who have only been to home games who will have spent more in time and money going to just home games than some folk from the Central belt who’ve mixed some home games and a couple of away games. 

I missed FF Munich but my Mrs got one, this was in the first minute or so after twelve, I bottled it and went straight to 195€ ticket. I've talked to friends who got FF tickets at 12.15 but hey hoo we're going. I also contacted uefa last night about sitting together in the games where we are in the same category, so awaiting their reply.

Yes in hindsight I was too impatient. Got in at 12 on the dot. German tickets clicked on FF and got message none were available and gave up and went for Category 3. Same for Swiss match where if I had persevered with FF I would have got them and saved myself around 150 Euros. Still at least I know I have tickets.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

7 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Which category did you get for Cologne and Stuttgart?

3 for Cologne and FF for Stuttgart. The inflated €195 for Munich compared to others irks me most. My kids on 11 points going on at 12 today and if lucky will need to pay €400 or €600 which is way beyond what they can afford 

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah fair point. It seemed easy to me because I got them and my 3 mates all got the same as me but I appreciate that others weren’t as lucky. We all had our codes in the field from 11:55 and clicked submit at 12 on the dot. 

Aye, same.  I’d even copied all my codes into text files so I could copy and paste for my son and do it all as quickly as possible.  And my older boy was next to me on another laptop sorting his. 

Happy enough with what I got, I just tell myself that the extra couple of hundred quid is just like needing new tyres on my motor.  Not gonna fret about it. 

10 hours ago, Bingo Foot Soldier said:

Aye the only reason I had to get the €195 briefs was the kid and having to go back in. £500 for three games for me and him. £85 a game , not the worst.

Celtic v Rangers - £60

I had to do mine and my husband’s , got 3 fans first for him because it was written in our wedding vows that he  always comes first . I got 195/60/30 for myself which was a result. Couple of times on his order requests it said the ff ticket wasnt available but i just resubmitted and it came up the second time. Didn’t try that on mine , was just glad at not having to pay over the odds given I had 2 lots of tix to book. 
I think anyone that had to do more than one lot of tix did really well to keep it at the kind of price you got. 

2 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

3 for Cologne and FF for Stuttgart. The inflated €195 for Munich compared to others irks me most. My kids on 11 points going on at 12 today and if lucky will need to pay €400 or €600 which is way beyond what they can afford 

By accumulating a measly 11 points meaning they’ll be paying €400 - €600 your kid is being treated with the contempt you feel they deserve as per your salty tears previously posted