Ticket allocations and SSC points - Page 14 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

Interestingly, the Dutch FA has said they received 11,000 tickets with 70% going to supporters.  

Whats the SFA doing with the other 1,000 tickets then?

Screenshot_20231201_081443_Samsung Internet.jpg

Maybe they are going to friends and family and hanger on suits at the SFA.

If it were my son playing I’d want my extended friends and family there. I’m sure he’d want his mates also. 10 per player, 32 man squad, that’s 320 gone. Staffs family.

1,000 does seem a lot to go missing though. 

I wonder how many people on 12 points or more are planning to go to only one or two games, and not all three. Or maybe not planning to go to Germany at all.

My son and I are on 11 points, but we don't intend to attempt to order tickets when the 11-point window opens, given that the school term won't have finished during the group stages. Even if we have a game at a weekend, the cost of flights would probably be unjustifiable (at least in the eyes of my wife and my daughter!).

If there are a good number of people in the same boat as me, there might be decent availability come Thursday for those on 11 points, and possibly even some left over for members on 10 points.

Edited by Paolo H

29 minutes ago, Paolo H said:

I wonder how many people on 12 points or more are planning to go to only one or two games, and not all three. Or maybe not planning to go to Germany at all.

My son and I are on 11 points, but we don't intend to attempt to order tickets when the 11-point window opens, given that the school term won't have finished during the group stages. Even if we have a game at a weekend, the cost of flights would probably be unjustifiable (at least in the eyes of my wife and my daughter!).

If there are a good number of people in the same boat as me, there might be decent availability come Thursday for those on 11 points, and possibly even some left over for members on 10 points.

The way I see it is vast majority of 13 plus will go to all three games. You can have 12 points and not have been to a single away game so that's when it gets harder to tell and it is tricky cause getting 2 weeks off work isn't easy for everyone. I think 11 pointers will mainly get at least one game. I don't think it'll go to 10.

31 minutes ago, trout101 said:

Anyone here on 12 plus not going to all 3 or at all?

I'm booked to capture the first two game so currently not planning Game 3. That said, it depends on the draw I may review our flights if we end up in a later group

There are 2600 folk on 12 points. I'd  estimate that approximately 600 of these folk don't plan on going to Germany. 

Given that the total people with 12 points and above is 7869, I think taking into account the above, holidays, folk not planning going to all 3 games, then there will be at least 3000 tickets per match going down to 11 pointers. 

There are 7100 folk on 11 points. If we say 1000 have no intention of going, 3000 plan on going out for 1 game and 3000 for 2 games (roughly) that would mean everyone on 11 points should get tickets for any match they like (albeit more expensive) and I suspect folk on 10 will get a sniff too.

Just my opinion 🫣

1 hour ago, dezmondo said:

There are 2600 folk on 12 points. I'd  estimate that approximately 600 of these folk don't plan on going to Germany. 

Given that the total people with 12 points and above is 7869, I think taking into account the above, holidays, folk not planning going to all 3 games, then there will be at least 3000 tickets per match going down to 11 pointers. 

Excuse my ignorance, but what's stopping anybody who can get a ticket but isn't going just buying one for their pal who is ?

5 minutes ago, one t in scotland said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what's stopping anybody who can get a ticket but isn't going just buying one for their pal who is ?

Read the SSC Q &A. Apparently it is somehow not possible to transfer the tickets (unless you take your mate’s phone I guess). 

11 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Read the SSC Q &A. Apparently it is somehow not possible to transfer the tickets (unless you take your mate’s phone I guess). 

Did see this but I can see loads of people taking a flier on it. The UEFA T&Cs dont differentiate on types of tickets and do have a section that details if you are unable to attend for personal reasons you could transfer to friends and family. I'm thinking the SFA have included this warning to discourage people from buying and giving to friends/family near the time. There will be genuine reasons that people who buy next week end up not able to go and I can't see there being no way to then transfer, say, in the days before the game.

I downloaded the UEFA ticket app on two phones, it won't let you into both at the same time and makes you log out of one if you want in the other.

What is stopping people just logging in to the app on their own phone if their mates give them the password?

For example, person A has 30 points and goes to game 1 but wants to give to their mate the ticket for game 2, but without physically giving them their phone, what is stopping person B logging into person A's app if they have username and password? 

17 minutes ago, themikedoug said:

Did see this but I can see loads of people taking a flier on it. The UEFA T&Cs dont differentiate on types of tickets and do have a section that details if you are unable to attend for personal reasons you could transfer to friends and family. I'm thinking the SFA have included this warning to discourage people from buying and giving to friends/family near the time. There will be genuine reasons that people who buy next week end up not able to go and I can't see there being no way to then transfer, say, in the days before the game.

Tix bought directly from UEFA are transferable but from SSC not. I read somewhere some guy explaining in technical terms how they can’t be transferred but can’t find that. As you say no doubt a few will take a flier. Saying that if you’re unable to go you can always hand ticket back to SsC for those of us on lower points!

11 minutes ago, themikedoug said:

And interestingly in the detailed SFA T&Cs they expressly prohibit anyone re-selling or transferring and say anyone who does may have their Membership suspended. That would indicate that you can, but they do not want you to. 

The last euros an ssc member could forward the link with the code to a friend to use so long as they had not downloaded it themselves , if the ssc member had already downloaded it the ticket was NOT transferable . The SFA will be against doing this for the same reason it forbids ssc members with sufficient points using their membership to buy tickets for away games for someone else. Its unfair on fans who are higher up the points scale than the person who gets the ticket. 
As an SSC member you are risking your membership if you are found out. Also, euro  tournament games do not qualify for away points, so the SSC member is taking a chance for no benefit other than a pal getting a ticket. 

1 hour ago, themikedoug said:

Or people just get a new phone between now and June next year. 

J

58 minutes ago, HelloJock said:

I downloaded the UEFA ticket app on two phones, it won't let you into both at the same time and makes you log out of one if you want in the other.

What is stopping people just logging in to the app on their own phone if their mates give them the password?

For example, person A has 30 points and goes to game 1 but wants to give to their mate the ticket for game 2, but without physically giving them their phone, what is stopping person B logging into person A's app if they have username and password? 

This was my thought. Or they have just bought a new phone and need to move your ticket across.

J

14 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

This was my thought. Or they have just bought a new phone and need to move your ticket across.

J

It you get a new phone your likely to still have the same number and email address. So it could be tied in to that.