Ticket allocations and SSC points - Page 7 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

I’ve read that UEFA are saying 1,000,000 tickets will be made available to the competing nations. That equates to an average of 13,888 per team per group game and is far higher than the 9,500 which had been banded about previously. Let’s hope so 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, YesTA said:

Would have to be pick up only seeing as most of us will be in Germany and with tight timescale. Can only see it going by SSC points similar to group stage tickets if we did get to further rounds. Although no points added for tournament games 

I don't think there will be any physical tickets. Just digital ones. That's how it worked at the last EUROs anyway. You could get a "souvenir" paper ticket if you were happy to pay for it. I think they were charging 15 euros for it though?

3 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

I’ve read that UEFA are saying 1,000,000 tickets will be made available to the competing nations. That equates to an average of 13,888 per team per group game and is far higher than the 9,500 which had been banded about previously. Let’s hope so 

I hope that's just group games but that will probably be across all games including knockout phase.

Edited by Dangerous

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I don't think there will be any physical tickets. Just digital ones. That's how it worked at the last EUROs anyway. You could get a "souvenir" paper ticket if you were happy to pay for it. I think they were charging 15 euros for it though?

Yeah true actually. Nice to have a ticket but no paying that price apart from when we make the final for a keepsake 😉

1 minute ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Wording mentions a ballot 

I suspect they mean if UEFA will accept the SSC method of handing out tickets through points system (very few nations in Europe have a supporters club like ours, and most the time nations have to use Ticketmaster to get their tickets, than through a supporters club)

21 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I suspect they mean if UEFA will accept the SSC method of handing out tickets through points system (very few nations in Europe have a supporters club like ours, and most the time nations have to use Ticketmaster to get their tickets, than through a supporters club)

I imagine a ballot will be required simply to separate SSC members on the same number of points, where the cut-off happens to be.

3 minutes ago, Paolo H said:

I imagine a ballot will be required simply to separate SSC members on the same number of points, where the cut-off happens to be.

True, if we do get 9,500 for each match, when you start getting down to 10-11 points, you do start to get into some VERY large numbers that will probably outstrip whats left over from those with higher points.

How does it work getting seats together if you're on separate points when there's a ballot? 

I'll be buying for me and my boy and on both occasions he's come to an away match there hasn't been a ballot so I haven't encountered this......I don't think 🙄

8 hours ago, dezmondo said:

How does it work getting seats together if you're on separate points when there's a ballot? 

I'll be buying for me and my boy and on both occasions he's come to an away match there hasn't been a ballot so I haven't encountered this......I don't think 🙄

I know that for Scotland away games, if one person purchases all the tickets for everyone regardless of points difference then those people will be seated together. 

This is made easier with the friends and family list you can create on the SSC website.

I emailed SSC about this today. They confirmed that, if an adult and child both have enough points to be eligible to buy tickets, the adult will be able to order on behalf of the child. No need to create a separate UEFA.com account for the child.

Edited by Paolo H

11 hours ago, dezmondo said:

There will be an option to link several bookings together 

11 hours ago, dezmondo said:

Do you mean ‘ballot’ as in when it gets down to when demand outstrips supply?  This will be the only time a ballot situation will arise and even then it wont be a ballot it will just be a bit of a bun fight online rather than a ballot . 
How many points do you and your son have ?  Chances are you will both have enough points to buy them in the normal order of sale anyway.
 You will both just need to wait till the time/date of sale that the person on the lower number of points has. You will then be able to order your seats together.
You do however need to set up a friends and family  group on your SSC account. as another poster mentioned, and add your sons SSC number to your account. 

This is if course assuming the tickets will be sold in the normal way, ie higher pointers down to lower pointers, and not a ballot if UEFA impose that. 

On 10/23/2023 at 9:47 PM, GLOSTA said:

Based on today's updated SSC points table, the stadium capacities published by UEFA, and UEFA normal practice of 17% ticket allocation for each competing nation... this is my estimate of who gets guaranteed a ticket, should all choose to apply for all group games. Of course, the 17% may only be approximate according to stadium layout, segregation etc.

All of course subject to change based on attendance at next 2 games and when SSC decide to cut off eligibility.

Anyone with 12 points is guaranteed ( for all stadiums (except a 100 shortfall in Leipzig).

Happy to have my methodology improved and any errors corrected of course.

Demonstrating my excitement by spreadsheet....

image.thumb.png.75b422ef6392a4148e318dad50b04e10.png

This might be asked or posed further down the thread, but would the 17% not be what the SFA get? And there will be SFA tickets, player and coaching tickets to be removed. Also SFA sponsors and affiliates like government tickets to be taken off the top before they get to the SSC. Its not unresonable to assume all that adds up to a fair chunk of tickets??

I might be wrong but where else would the above mentioned groups get their tickets from?

Edited by beeky86
typo

2 hours ago, Paolo H said:

I emailed SSC about this today. They confirmed that, if an adult and child both have enough points to be eligible to buy tickets, the adult will be able to order on behalf of the child. No need to create a separate UEFA.com account for the child.

Good man, thanks for this! 

12 hours ago, dezmondo said:

For euros we were able to link accounts.

12 hours ago, dezmondo said:

At Euro 2020, once you had been asigned your ticket, there was a option that before being issues, you could go on to a portal on the ticket/uefa site and if you could get the booking number of who you want to be beside (or as close as you can) you would put beside them.

I added myself to friends group booking after buying my tickets, and for the 3 Scotland games, we were all in the same row.

Even for Ukraine v Sweden at Hampden, when I got a late ticket, we were still  next to each other when we linked up our bookings,

For the last Euros, what was the cut off point for the supporters club in terms of points. Ie after what date / game did they say, the points you have now is what its going to be based on.

Im presuming everything will be done before the next set of matches so it will be what we have now.

I currently have 12. No idea how that leaves me looking.

6 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

For the last Euros, what was the cut off point for the supporters club in terms of points. Ie after what date / game did they say, the points you have now is what its going to be based on.

Im presuming everything will be done before the next set of matches so it will be what we have now.

I currently have 12. No idea how that leaves me looking.

Tickets sales start on 6th December. So the cut off will be the Norway game.