Tartan Army Embarrassment - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tartan Army Embarrassment

slasher

18 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I wonder how much Ally McCoist got for his forelock tugging political stunt last night

If you are going to go from hero to zero it better have been worth it

Maybe a BJ from Laura Woods. That might actually be worth it...🤔

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Did we appropriate gstq in the 70s

tbh ive no recollection of n ireland anthem

there was some anti tories chant from Scotland end at Larnaca last friday ; not sure what its got to do with the football either

They are/were trying to put in laws to shaft away fans in Scotland TBF

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Yeah old enough to remember that / days when lion rampant v saltire ratio was likely 90/10 - now opposite

was really just commenting on the use of “appropriation” although inherited is likely a better term

Scotland the Brave wasn’t really that warmly embraced as a replacement from memory / as not really sing a long with Max material

to this day FoS always seems disjointed between band & crowd

french & welsh seem the best

in canada theyve started fannying about with the words to appease the wokeanistas - was a he/her change and latest bit focuses on “native land”

at least everyone seems to stand / take of hats / sing along 

FoS was superb on Tuesday, 

Millions miles better than the dirge that is GSTK.

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Agree on the point around very little benefit from playing England (or Ireland in some sense for that matter).

Any meeting between the sides is immediately followed by the same repetitive cesspit of ambulance chasing around national anthems, specific songs, violence (or rumours thereof) and apparently now Harry Maguire's mental health.

I'd happily never play them again too, for all those reasons. Lately, though, we've crossed paths far too often for my liking: we've played three friendlies against them in the past decade, we drew them in the WC2018 qualifying group, we drew them in Euro 2020 and if we'd got through the WC playoff we'd have been playing them in Qatar last year. Even the women played their equivalents in the Euros in 2017, the WC in 2019 and, I believe, are playing them in their Nations League group pretty soon.

I desperately hope we get over the line and qualify for the Euros next year but I don't want our team to end up as a sideshow in England's circus, which is what happened in the Euros thanks to the way the event was covered by the media (Wales fulfilled that role in the WC last year).

What's this about Harry Maguire's mental health?

35 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

FoS was superb on Tuesday, 

Millions miles better than the dirge that is GSTK.

Tuesday was One of the best renditions of FOS I've seen at hampden. 

Daily record now running some shite about Bellingham being and ally to mccoist the bootlicker

Job done, he has a job for life now with the English media now

Edited by vanderark14

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

What's this about Harry Maguire's mental health?

Southgate came out branding the TA a disgrace for their treatment of Harry Maguire, even his maw has come out moaning.

Pretty odd thing to pick on out of all the shite that allegedly happened at the game. Although I do not subscribe to vilification of specific players thru social media, of which Maguire is a particularly unfortunate example.

2 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Southgate came out branding the TA a disgrace for their treatment of Harry Maguire, even his maw has come out moaning.

Pretty odd thing to pick on out of all the shite that allegedly happened at the game. Although I do not subscribe to vilification of specific players thru social media, of which Maguire is a particularly unfortunate example.

I haven’t seen that much about it but I did see Southgate specifically say he wasn’t referring to the Scotland fans when he said the treatment of Maguire was a disgrace. He was referring to the English media.  Has he changed his mind now? 

9 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

They are absolute knicker wetters. 

Football fans taking the piss out an opposition player. 

Daft cunt was happy to take money off Pizza Hut when they were taking the piss out him after Euro 96.

3 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Maguire gets pelter's when he plays for Man Utd & nothings said, but hey ho Scotland fans try to wind him up & make him nervous in the hope he makes a mistake which he did with the own goal & suddenly they start worrying about his mental health. Surprised guffy McCoist hasn't jumped on the band waggon. 

Just now, RDFH64 said:

Maguire gets pelter's when he plays for Man Utd & nothings said, but hey ho Scotland fans try to wind him up & make him nervous in the hope he makes a mistake which he did with the own goal & suddenly they start worrying about his mental health. Surprised guffy McCoist hasn't jumped on the band waggon. 

Never heard that prick McCoist mention the Morris Dancers booing a minutes silence for his old manager. 

That's a million times more newsworthy,

Soutgate was referring to english commentators and english fans not Scotland fans. Maguire himself referenced the song "scotland get battered everywhere they go". Thats just banter as far as I am concerned. 

The under-pressure defender wrote: "Enjoyable camp with the lads - always a pleasure representing my country. Everywhere they goooo."

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Never heard that prick McCoist mention the Morris Dancers booing a minutes silence for his old manager. 

Jim White was also all over the booing of GSTK. Another boot licking piece of shit

McCoist to Alan Brazil :" I am British , you got a problem with that?" 

This was after he was asked why he was singing GSTQ during the match. The man is an absolute fool. He is so indoctrinated by his former British Club , that he doesn't know what being Scottish actually means. Much like the English can't tell the difference between British/English. Hence adopting the UK national anthem.

I would take every single cap off the wee shit!

47 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Thanks.

No one deserves to be tormented on social media but wtf did they expect opposition fans to do during a game?  I can't imagine he gets a very warm welcome when he runs out at Anfield or the Ethiad (or whatever corporate name Man City's ground has now), not that he's seeing much action at club level these days.

I'm slightly surprised he wasn't getting stick from his own fans, such is the extent to which the boy has been vilified!

36 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Absolutely, but a certain segment of the English media love to create bogeymen, because as well as being bad losers, they are bad winners as well (I'm referring to certain journalists and pundits there, to be clear).

As for Southgate, if he is genuinely concerned about Maguire's mental wellbeing he needs to take his player out of the firing line for a bit.  Maguire has - somewhat unfairly - been turned into a walking meme - and Scotland fans are anything but the worst culprits - and yet he keeps picking him, despite the fact he's out of form at club level, despite the fact he was at fault for England conceding a goal against Ukraine on Saturday and despite having plenty of alternatives to pick from instead.  What was even the point in throwing him on in a friendly match anyway? Everyone knows what he can and can't do by now.

I can totally understand his mammy sticking up for her boy but if I were her I'd be more annoyed with the people managing him at both club and international level than some daft fans doing what daft fans do.

54 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, that was a disgrace. 

The excuse will be cOs tHey BoOed eNGlAnD's aNtheM!!!11! but the two things are not synonymous at all. Booing an anthem is one thing - they can give FoS all the pelters they can muster for all I care - but booing a minutes silence for the passing of a former manager - a football man through and through and an absolute gentleman of a guy too - is scumbag behaviour.

If, say, there is a minute's silence before a Scotland v England game when Roy Hodgson passes - and hopefully that won't be for a long time yet - I would respect that completely, and I would hope the overwhelming majority of our support would too, regardless of how much stick GSTK gets.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Soutgate was referring to english commentators and english fans not Scotland fans. Maguire himself referenced the song "scotland get battered everywhere they go". Thats just banter as far as I am concerned. 

The under-pressure defender wrote: "Enjoyable camp with the lads - always a pleasure representing my country. Everywhere they goooo."

Read a few articles and comments on Maguire today, he comes across as decent guy who was never worth or good enough to live up to his price tag. He hasn’t really commented on all the social media or English commentators having a go as it would give their opinions worth, and as for the Scotland fans cheering his every touch he 100% got it and hence the tongue in cheek everywhere they go comment. Can’t understand people getting all precious when someone has pop back