Scotland v England - Match Thread - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v England - Match Thread

romanticscot

Agree with the Gunn shout. Thought he looked very good. Even early doors he bailed the defence out with some smart sweeper play. 
I’d also praise Porteous as well. Thought he did very well and far better than many more experienced players.

However, not a single one of our “big” players turned up tonight. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, todd said:

Any chance that English media whore, Graeme Souness could just fuck right off, the most hateable cunt ever.  I can suffer the actual English commentators/media/pundits but that bellend, fuck me!

Steady on. You're talking about one of our greatest players ever. In 78 v Holland he dragged us back into that game.

4 minutes ago, todd said:

Any chance that English media whore, Graeme Souness could just fuck right off, the most hateable cunt ever.  I can suffer the actual English commentators/media/pundits but that bellend, fuck me!

Are you having a laugh!! 
Did you listen to the match commentary. McCoist made Souness sound like McGlashan. 
Absolutely fuckin spew inducing. 

1 minute ago, Eassy said:

Can bounce back next month…away to Spain… and Fra.. aw ffs

You'd hope we'd've learned something from this - especially when it comes to intensity. I'm more concerned about the France game, especially if we expend a huge amount of energy playing Spain; I think the French are the best European side at the moment - probably another level above England - so we can't make the same mistake again.

Hopefully we'll make a few changes for France - give starts to players like Christie, Patterson, etc - assuming a similar side to tonight starts against Spain.

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Steady on. You're talking about one of our greatest players ever. In 78 v Holland he dragged us back into that game.

Which is why hearing souness suck up to these cunts makes people so angry. His post match stuff was some of the most cringeworthy shit I've ever heard tonight.

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

Are you having a laugh!! 
Did you listen to the match commentary. McCoist made Souness sound like McGlashan. 
Absolutely fuckin spew inducing. 

Mccoist is a great when pindit until he's surround by English pundits. He becomes a subservient cunt

5 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

You'd hope we'd've learned something from this - especially when it comes to intensity. I'm more concerned about the France game, especially if we expend a huge amount of energy playing Spain; I think the French are the best European side at the moment - probably another level above England - so we can't make the same mistake again.

Hopefully we'll make a few changes for France - give starts to players like Christie, Patterson, etc - assuming a similar side to tonight starts against Spain.

I couldn't care less if we expend a huge amount of energy against Spain, as long as it ends in at least a draw

6 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

If we get a point in Spain it will be worth it.

Also: we may face Spain with more learned experience than if we hadn't played England.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Which is why hearing souness suck up to these cunts makes people so angry. His post match stuff was some of the most cringeworthy shit I've ever heard tonight.

Turned over to avoid it altogether, confused at his use of 'we' at half time. Feel a tad better after a bit of The Thick of It and chanelling my frustration via Malcolm 😏

5 minutes ago, todd said:

I couldn't care less if we expend a huge amount of energy against Spain, as long as it ends in at least a draw

More my point is you can't play the same eleven in both matches and maintain the intensity required - something which we'll probably need to learn to deal with for the Euros (assuming we don't mess up getting there).

What we'll have hopefully learned is you'll need to make changes to keep the intensity; we'll need to give some of the 'fringe' players a game against France, like we will in the Euro finals.

We've obviously got to throw everything at the Spain game and hopefully secure qualification that day.

Edited by Clyde1998

Mccoist and souness both on the cunt list for their English arse licking. 

Andy Robertson absolutely woeful tonight. Wtf was that for the goal.

Took is to be losing 2-0 to try and play a big. 

Poor performance all round but England are simply better.

Bellingham is disgustingly good.

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

No. He was being brutally honest. Though I would have liked to hear him say where Scotland went wrong.

Brutally honest  😆. Souness knows if he's sucks up their arse he gets more gigs in English TV.

In fact right there the cunt just put scotland down to big up England. He just said this is a wake up call because scotland have been doing well against much lesser opposition......bull shit.... we beat Spain at home and we deserved it. Scotland never showed up tonight which made a good side look like the best in the world

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

That you chose to have a pop at Souness after 90 minutes of absolute sycophantic, arse licking pish from McCoist. 

Fair point, McCoist was equally irritating but he has at least built up some credit from previous world cup qualifying commentary so I subconsciously held back on slagging him too much,  whereas Souness has no credit and is a serial wank stain

2 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Bang on with that comment 

I'm surprised you understood it. I read it back and realised I'd missed words and mis spelled words......bloody whisky 😆 

The SFA really need to find a way to get rights to stv or bbc scotland for these matches. Having an England dominated commentary team and pundit team is frustrating. 

Clyde1998 said he hoped we would learn from tonight. I hope he is right but have my doubts as Clarke is too set in his ways, no plan B, blind loyalty to old favorites, in particular McGregor. If Clarke wants to improve the team he should start with the basics of tight marking and tracking runners. We have quick defenders, and midfielders with good engines, so all the ingredients for a high press. But today England had extra men open all over the place. Even against Cyprus we alowed them far too much possession. McGregor is by far the worst offender, constantly ball watching, never tracking. He needs to be dropped. Adams is never a target man, and pointless being played alone up front. We have the best crop of players in years and the makings of a great side, but Clarke's selections, tactics questionable.  

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm surprised you understood it. I read it back and realised I'd missed words and mis spelled words......bloody whisky 😆 

The SFA really need to find a way to get rights to stv or bbc scotland for these matches. Having an England dominated commentary team and pundit team is frustrating. 

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Pindit 🤣

Just now, HighlandScot said:

Clyde1998 said he hoped we would learn from tonight. I hope he is right but have my doubts as Clarke is too set in his ways, no plan B, blind loyalty to old favorites, in particular McGregor. If Clarke wants to improve the team he should start with the basics of tight marking and tracking runners. We have quick defenders, and midfielders with good engines, so all the ingredients for a high press. But today England had extra men open all over the place. Even against Cyprus we alowed them far too much possession. McGregor is by far the worst offender, constantly ball watching, never tracking. He needs to be dropped. Adams is never a target man, and pointless being played alone up front. We have the best crop of players in years and the makings of a great side, but Clarke's selections, tactics questionable.  

Holy fuck, I thought I was irrational right now because I've drank a few malts but this is mental stuff

McGregor has been one of our best performers for the last 2 years

We've won 11 qualifiers in a row, promoted to league A in the nations league. 3 points away from qualifying for our first euros via normal qualification for 27 years, tip of our group, won every game in this group, deservedly beat the top seed in our group and you are questioning Clarke.

Go to bed min