Scottish keeper greatest save ever !!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish keeper greatest save ever !!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Big Ramy 1314

So not of fun as we are all in a great mood these days following our beloved Scotland. 

So which Scottish goalkeeper in your life time  in your memory, made the greatest save ever.. 

We see the saves from Gordon Banks, Pat Jennings, Yashin, Zoff in World Cup 82 for instance. So who has the greatest save in Scotland's history...

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So not of fun as we are all in a great mood these days following our beloved Scotland. 

So which Scottish goalkeeper in your life time  in your memory, made the greatest save ever.. 

We see the saves from Gordon Banks, Pat Jennings, Yashin, Zoff in World Cup 82 for instance. So who has the greatest save in Scotland's history...

Most memorable for me was Marshall's penalty save v Serbia

Doubt many remember it but my most memorable was Ally Hunter against Enland in 1973, probably wasn't that good,  3 minutes 45

Lost 1-0 but Shilton had a lot to do with that. 6 minutes 40.

Might just be because it was the first game I saw on TV and a colourr one at that

Edited by ceudmilefailte

On 9/9/2023 at 8:04 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Doubt many remember it but my most memorable was Ally Hunter against Enland in 1973, probably wasn't that good,  3 minutes 45

Lost 1-0 but Shilton had a lot to do with that. 6 minutes 40.

Might just be because it was the first game I saw on TV and a colourr one at that

Worth watching for tv panel outfits alone  ; think thats derek dougan with the bow tie …. 

shilts wearing gardening gloves ?

1 minute ago, Marky said:

Aye McGinn for Macari. I don’t remember him ever doing anything in a Scotland shirt. 

Aye, one of those guys (we've had a few) who couldn't bring his club form to the international team. Still a good player though, but not as good as McGinn

8 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Would any of the current 11 get into that staring 11?

I don't thinks so.

Considering its 50 years back wouldnt it be logical to assume that entire 11 then would be way off the modern pace ?

i read recently peter schmeicel comparing 68 team to 99 team saying they d win 10-0 as walking football back then ……

i prefer the old days ; but can see his point