Tickets - Page 4 - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets

adamntg

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate slagging off the SFA but this is absolutely stupid. A friendly with less than the mandatory 5% allocation for competitive games. The allocation should have been decided and commited before the friendly was agreed. I am seriously struggling with the logic of playing friendlies with England and France to sandwich a competitive game with Spain. We had the biggest momentum in a generation or more and now risk being heads down going in to the vital last two matches of the campaign. I'm on 12 points. Eurostar booked so gutted by this own goal. Shambles. 

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

That’s what he means.  People busy on a weekend, whether it be playing, coaching or supporting their clubs sides. 

I’ll be at Rugby Park on Sat at that time and there’s often no 4g/5g bandwidth at grounds due to the amount of folk. 

Never had an issue at RP even with crowds of 10,000+.

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Never had an issue at RP even with crowds of 10,000+.

I was just translating the general point that the other poster was making - about sales taking place middle of a Saturday isn’t ideal.  

Good to hear that RP has a better phone signal that St.Mirren Park. 😬

46 minutes ago, WeeJohnny said:

Oh and PS anyone else find pop adds on TAMB prohibit you actually reading the posts on the site ? Don't have this with any other site. TAMB administrators - not a gripe at you who do a great job but as the allocation has left me a tad grumpy thought id get it off my chest !!!!🙂

I use this free Adblock, might just keep you on the right side of sane on here 🙂

IMG_7913.jpeg

4 hours ago, WeeJohnny said:

I really hate slagging off the SFA but this is absolutely stupid. A friendly with less than the mandatory 5% allocation for competitive games. The allocation should have been decided and commited before the friendly was agreed. I am seriously struggling with the logic of playing friendlies with England and France to sandwich a competitive game with Spain. We had the biggest momentum in a generation or more and now risk being heads down going in to the vital last two matches of the campaign. I'm on 12 points. Eurostar booked so gutted by this own goal. Shambles. 

I agree. I understand that allocations can be difficult for competitive games but surely for friendlies the allocation can be sorted months in advance to at least save folk booking travel etc 

50 minutes ago, GRBA1283 said:

I agree. I understand that allocations can be difficult for competitive games but surely for friendlies the allocation can be sorted months in advance to at least save folk booking travel etc 

If I was being cynical and I am Scottish the  smaller allocation suits the SFA as with a 100% collection 4,000 eg would be carnage!! 

22 minutes ago, macwomble said:

If I was being cynical and I am Scottish the  smaller allocation suits the SFA as with a 100% collection 4,000 eg would be carnage!! 

Aye as long as it suits them and not those that pay the subs. £3 booking fee for collecting a ticket is a fucking joke as well 

Edited by GRBA1283

Only on 6 points so took a chance booking Lille as i thought it would go quite low being so close to Spain away.

I think the 100% pick up will make it go down to about 7 ish  

Its a poor allocation but thats on France not the SFA.

And my low points total are on me cos i prioritised other things .

Thats the chance you take folks, pay up or take it on the chin.

1 hour ago, stirlish said:

Only on 6 points so took a chance booking Lille as i thought it would go quite low being so close to Spain away.

I think the 100% pick up will make it go down to about 7 ish  

Its a poor allocation but thats on France not the SFA.

And my low points total are on me cos i prioritised other things .

Thats the chance you take folks, pay up or take it on the chin.

Sorry but I fundamentally disagree. And for the record I have "paid up and taken the chance" as I've spent £500 + on Eurostar and hotels for me and the wife. I am sure others will have done similar

Quotas for competitive games are governed by FIFA and UEFA. It was 100% in the SFAs gift to agree the allocation as part of the conditions of the friendly in the first place. The fact that wasn't done was at best inept but verging on negligent. We go in to a crucial two qualifying games with a friendly against one of the best teams in the world giving them 97% home based allocation. I am sorry but this isn't just unfair to the fans but what about the players ?????? What exactly do we, the national side, the players and the fans gain by this self imposed situation ? 

1 hour ago, WeeJohnny said:

Sorry but I fundamentally disagree. And for the record I have "paid up and taken the chance" as I've spent £500 + on Eurostar and hotels for me and the wife. I am sure others will have done similar

Quotas for competitive games are governed by FIFA and UEFA. It was 100% in the SFAs gift to agree the allocation as part of the conditions of the friendly in the first place. The fact that wasn't done was at best inept but verging on negligent. We go in to a crucial two qualifying games with a friendly against one of the best teams in the world giving them 97% home based allocation. I am sorry but this isn't just unfair to the fans but what about the players ?????? What exactly do we, the national side, the players and the fans gain by this self imposed situation ? 

You do wonder what 30k @ £50 (that’s £1.5 million) a pop goes towards? Certainly not negotiating a respectable amount of tickets. See the empty seats in Moldova and Krakow.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

50 minutes ago, snoopyhill said:

SSC put this on twitter last night

SmartSelect_20230927_073554_X.jpg

Ticket allocation should’ve been agreed when the game was arranged not less than 4 weeks before the game, would the game huv been played in Lille if it was a competitive game when the away team gets a guaranteed percentage of the capacity. 

It always amazes me to see the extent to which people think they know the ticket allocation procedure.

On playing France and whether or not it was the right option, when you looked at the list of teams without an opponent for this particular window, France was really the one and only sensible option. Clearly they picked Lille as the most fit for purpose venue as they won't have any of that rugby shite going on there at the time.