League Cup 23-24 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I thought it was a penalty real time. Anybody thats played football could see that from the way the players went down. Both were holding their feet quite seriously which suggests solid contact. Only Dessers was swinging his foot hard so it follows that he initiated contact. If he had got there 1st and Broadfoot had caught him then neither him nor Broadfoot would have been in such pain. Thats the 1st thing that the ref should bave been thinking.

That being said, I can see why the ref took his time to award as the video wasnt the clearest and looked like only 1 angle was shown which was probably the worst angle.

The issue is that the bar for penalties against Rangers is set very high vs the prolific amount of soft penalties they are awarded. The facts over a long period of time back that assertion up. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

The issue is that the bar for penalties against Rangers is set very high vs the prolific amount of soft penalties they are awarded. The facts over a long period of time back that assertion up. 

As I said, im not normally one for conspirencies and the vast vast majority of pens that they are awarded are clear pens. I can only think of 1 really soft one over the past couple of years but i may be forgetting some.

Its funny, the pundits have spent 5 mins saying it wasnt a penalty ans not clear and obvious. Beale comes out and straight away says its a penalty.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I never realised Stirling humped St Johnstone 4 nil in the league Cup and they're two wins from two in the league.

Are they on the up now?

I think Friday was only the 2nd/3rd game they’ve lost this calendar year

I said when Rodgers was appointed that there was a risk because of his bagagge (much more so than his talent as he is a top manager).

You can bet that any Celtic fans who didnt like the appointment will be very vocal today and over the next few weeks. Fans can turn very quickly, especially at the OF.

Only saw bits of the game today but its amazing what can happen when teams play with a bit of composure but more so belief. 

23 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I said when Rodgers was appointed that there was a risk because of his bagagge (much more so than his talent as he is a top manager).

You can bet that any Celtic fans who didnt like the appointment will be very vocal today and over the next few weeks. Fans can turn very quickly, especially at the OF.

Only saw bits of the game today but its amazing what can happen when teams play with a bit of composure but more so belief. 

Very good post. I won't turn on BR. It happens, sounds like Killie went for it, we were outplayed, so congratulations to Killie once again.. Big Billy calling and I'm no answering !!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

No real surprise we’ve lost, we are underprepared at the moment. I’ll reserve any judgement on where we are going until the end of the window. The players haven’t adjusted to the new system yet but the form of some of them, especially McGregor and Taylor is a concern.

Some start to the season for Killie though 👏

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Its the pitch's fault😂

They’re claiming about a stonewall penalty in injury time, maybe it’s karma for last seasons semi which everyone has clearly forgotten about 😂

Also the 6 players missing didn’t help, pretty much their C team 🙈

50 minutes ago, slasher said:

No real surprise we’ve lost, we are underprepared at the moment. I’ll reserve any judgement on where we are going until the end of the window. The players haven’t adjusted to the new system yet but the form of some of them, especially McGregor and Taylor is a concern.

Some start to the season for Killie though 👏

What would you say the new system is?  It looks to me like Rodgers wants to use the wings more, slower build up if the counter isnt on straight away.

Ange went for the chaos tactics which sounds like a slant but isnt. Creating chaos properly is very hard to achieve but he managed it and there are signs of him doing the same at Spurs. In Scotland teams just couldnt cope with the constant pressure, high tempo and mulitple runners.

Mentioned it when talking about Rangers the other night. When Rangers get the ball in the opposition half only 1 or 2 players and making actual runs looking for the ball or creating space. Under Ange it was 4 or 5 each and every time. That looks less so under Rodgers.