League Cup 23-24 - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You can tell Stewart gets frustrated with scottish football as a whole but he's up against it because the vast majority of pundits are pro old firm and they cannot hide their allegiances. 

Hutton took co commentary to the lowest level I can remember.

Typical sawdust for brains ex hun player. If the penalty incidents happened at the other end Hutton would have been screaming for them but then again the man in the wee dark var room would’ve been all over them like a rash 🤬

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LoganRoy said:

This is why not all pulls are penalties.  Every corner there was jostling, where as their recent pens were for players trying to win a header is my guess.

It's a foul anywhere else on the pitch. It's a clear penalty 

2 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

This is why not all pulls are penalties.  Every corner there was jostling, where as their recent pens were for players trying to win a header is my guess.

The recent pen wasn’t for a player trying to win a header though, he was nowhere near the ball, just like today’s example. 

Aberdeen were never going to win that trophy today, regardless of how good they could’ve been. 

Granted, they never done enough to win it, but that was 12/13 against 11. 

The ref was fair for 15/20 minutes, but then lost it.  Why didn’t VAR see duk being wiped in injury time by Butland, why was there a VAR check for violent conduct after a headbutt, but no red card, why was high feet allowed to play on for 30 seconds in the middle of the park with no freekick, when the exact thing happened for a freekick that led to the goal. 

As I say, we were never winning that cup. 

It’s high time for finals, regardless of who is in them, to have foreign referees take control of them, our game is a fucking shambles. 

22 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The recent pen wasn’t for a player trying to win a header though, he was nowhere near the ball, just like today’s example. 

Aberdeen were never going to win that trophy today, regardless of how good they could’ve been. 

The ref was fair for 15/20 minutes, but then lost it.  Why didn’t VAR see duk being wiped in injury time by Butland, why was there a VAR check for violent conduct after a headbutt, but no red card, why was high feet allowed to play on for 30 seconds in the middle of the park with no freekick, when the exact thing happened for a freekick that led to the goal. 

It’s high time for finals, regardless of who is in them, to have foreign referees take control of them, our game is a fucking shambles. 

I said ages ago that we should bring in foreign refs for big matches and was laughed at. The favouritism towards rangers FC is a disgrace. Unfortunately Aberdeen found out the hard way.. That shirt pull was a clear penalty, but hey ho, it's the rangers.. The stats speak for themselves. How many penalties have rangers conceded this season? Defending my arse...

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

At what point do clubs start questioning this? Or when do we as fans give up? Not just because of the blatant cheating but because our own fucking club rolls over and takes it.

The narrative will be rangers did more to win the game but asking for a fair final shouldn't depend on whether one club plays well or not. 

16 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Pretty disappointing game but the better team won in the end. I was worried how we’d handle Miovski after last time but Balogun was excellent and I thought Lundstram had a good game too. And Tav did what Tav does, the guy is unbelievable.  And I can’t believe in that big stramash at the end Devlin didn’t get booked which cost me £290!! 😂

Sterling and Lundstram bossed the midfield as well which left Shinnie just booting any Rangers player he could out of frustration. Couldn't understand why we were panicking at the end and  hoofing the ball upfield though. The was risky. Thought Cantwell was excellent second half. 

20 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Sterling and Lundstram bossed the midfield as well which left Shinnie just booting any Rangers player he could out of frustration. Couldn't understand why we were panicking at the end and  hoofing the ball upfield though. The was risky. Thought Cantwell was excellent second half. 

Our game management at in the closing stages yesterday and also against Betis is something Clement definitely needs to address.  We don't seem to have a lot of composure in those situations.

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

At what point do clubs start questioning this? Or when do we as fans give up? Not just because of the blatant cheating but because our own fucking club rolls over and takes it

Touché, been saying that for years. Club owners chairmen and board members are all watching the same matches as us I wish they would occasionally call these cunts out. Surely in private they must be as frustrated as everyone else  

16 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Touché, been saying that for years. Club owners chairmen and board members are all watching the same matches as us I wish they would occasionally call these cunts out. Surely in private they must be as frustrated as everyone else  

Anytime a chairman or manager put their neck on the line by speaking out, they get hammered by the sfa or labelled crazy by the media

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Anytime a chairman or manager put their neck on the line by speaking out, they get hammered by the sfa or labelled crazy by the media

Mad Vlad didn’t shy away from them, sure he mentioned playing against 12 men and our game being run by crooks. Probably not best placed to be judging other people characters tho wonder if he’s still writing poetry on his submarine, crazy bastard 

21 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

And they'd probably get their windows put in.

The vast majority of chairman in Scotland either live abroad or in isolated mansions.

Criticism from the media or the powers of Scottish football should never be an excuse for not doing the right thing for their club and supporters. The fact is that its the chairman themselves that are the problem. Too often happy to accept the crumbs thrown to them and more worried about upsetting the status qou than representing the views of their support.