Season 23/24 - Page 55 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

@morrie21 I see your boys bagged the title yesterday. I hope you enjoyed the day

Just seen this, yes mate - it's been a long time coming! 140 years in real terms and we've been stumbling towards the tape since the end of January basically - draw after draw ha ha. Anyway, amazing feeling seeing it confirmed and the celebrations have been immense. Cheers!

Not too sure what this other match you are all chatting about here was but as my above reply to vanderark14 the main event this weekend was Stenhousmuir FC being crowned League Two Champions. It's been a fine season from the squad, highlighted by a 12 match winning streak which enabled us to meander our way to being confirmed as champs with four games to play. Full credit to Gary Naysmith, Brown Ferguson and the players along with everyone else at the club. The first league trophy in our 140 year history. Remarkable. Looking forward to next season in League One.

I guess I'll let you get back to debating the big Premiership match now 👍 

2 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Not too sure what this other match you are all chatting about here was but as my above reply to vanderark14 the main event this weekend was Stenhousmuir FC being crowned League Two Champions. It's been a fine season from the squad, highlighted by a 12 match winning streak which enabled us to meander our way to being confirmed as champs with four games to play. Full credit to Gary Naysmith, Brown Ferguson and the players along with everyone else at the club. The first league trophy in our 140 year history. Remarkable. Looking forward to next season in League One.

Even Michael Palin was getting in on it - big fan

8 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Congratulations 🎊 

I didn't notice till this morning than the celtic defender got a touch of the ball too, he then connects with Silva who's delayed reaction tells you everything. 

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't notice till this morning than the celtic defender got a touch of the ball too, he then connects with Silva who's delayed reaction tells you everything. 

Tells us he made the most of it but under todays application of the laws it’s a pen.  

10 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Tells us he made the most of it but under todays application of the laws it’s a pen.  

Which law are you referring to ES?

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

…… bit of a delayed stream VA or have you been working on your analysis all night 😆

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Thats what I was saying about Skys replys and Sutton consistently refusing to not see what was on the screen. 

Because he was adament it was a dive (that there was no contact etc which there clearly was) all the replays started after the point where Johnstone gets a touch on the ball. Ive still not seen a good replay to see how much he gets the ball. 

Although if the Brighton game midweek is anything to go by, skimming the ball and then connecting with the player is still a penalty these days. Im not sure how I feel about that. The ball skimming your arm and then hitting the post would be a penalty. Skimming the ball when in an offside position would still be offside so why is skimming the ball in a tackle not considered enough? (Assuming the rest of the tackle isnt dangerous / reckless.

6 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Thats what I was saying about Skys replys and Sutton consistently refusing to not see what was on the screen. 

Because he was adament it was a dive (that there was no contact etc which there clearly was) all the replays started after the point where Johnstone gets a touch on the ball. Ive still not seen a good replay to see how much he gets the ball. 

Although if the Brighton game midweek is anything to go by, skimming the ball and then connecting with the player is still a penalty these days. Im not sure how I feel about that. The ball skimming your arm and then hitting the post would be a penalty. Skimming the ball when in an offside position would still be offside so why is skimming the ball in a tackle not considered enough? (Assuming the rest of the tackle isnt dangerous / reckless.

I saw the video on twitter of the whole incident, i don't get why the VAR didn't show Beaton the whole incident unless we don't get to see what he see's. It was a horrendous use of VAR IMO. 

I think you can argue either way about Rangers' penalty, as mentioned above in this day and age it probably is one. I don't think there can be many complaints about the officiating yesterday.

What is undeniable is that Fabio Silva is an embarrassment to the profession.

Edited by Toepoke

10 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Congratulations to Stenny. A great old club, hopefully not 140 years until the next silverware 👏

Listen, in the real world I don’t think you get a penalty for either of those yesterday. In this rarified environment of ifab/var etc I think most refs are awarding both.  I’m not saying it’s right but that’s the way the game works these days!

Anyway well done to Stenhousemuir…..a fantastic achievement!

12 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Not too sure what this other match you are all chatting about here was but as my above reply to vanderark14 the main event this weekend was Stenhousmuir FC being crowned League Two Champions. It's been a fine season from the squad, highlighted by a 12 match winning streak which enabled us to meander our way to being confirmed as champs with four games to play. Full credit to Gary Naysmith, Brown Ferguson and the players along with everyone else at the club. The first league trophy in our 140 year history. Remarkable. Looking forward to next saeason in League One.

Congrats mate, most consistent team in the league & fully deserved 👍

Also thanks for giving us our best result of an otherwise miserable season (1-6) a stranger result in Scottish football history you'll struggle to match 🤣

On 4/7/2024 at 12:47 AM, slasher said:

Big win for the Clyde today, the Lazarus comeback from the dead is most definitely on!

Im quietly confident about tomorrow but you never know. If it goes south it goes south, we left ourselves open to it by not pressing home our clear financial advantage in January 🤷🏼‍♂️

Was indeed Slasher, fully deserved in the end, 4 games to decide the fate of our once proud and mighty club, McCall is starting to get a tune from our squad, I think we will just survive and rebuild during the summer, big changes to the club (for the better) promised (with the caveat of survival & moving back to the city)

More confident than I was 4 weeks ago, but that changes on a weekly basis - crowds starting to improve also !!!

47 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/d7jCmai1jpjudPWm/?mibextid=xfxF2i

Look at the fuckin state of this. The same vermin that bellyflopped for the penalty.. How can you support this??? Disgrace !!!

I think Rangers could have felt more injustice for their goal being disallowed from the Iwata and Lawrence one. The refs 5 yards away, that and Celtic making an arse of clearing the ball - VAR didn't need to go back that far. 

Beaton helping Celtic out again.