Season 23/24 - Page 44 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

BBC Scotland 'Apologising' for songs identifying Shankland as a wanker last night

BUT quite happy for The Huns to be up to their knees in fenian blood anytime they're on

What a fucked up lot

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bbc reporting that hibs are opening discussions with the sfa about strict liability. 

I'm all for it in principle but can you imagine the constant finger pointing if it were to happen in Scotland?

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Bbc reporting that hibs are opening discussions with the sfa about strict liability. 

I'm all for it in principle but can you imagine the constant finger pointing if it were to happen in Scotland?

Yes. Its unenforceable and will end up in court. Those with the biggest pockets will see to that. I think its a start with the reduction of away allocations for fans. That will have an impact. 

39 minutes ago, Redz said:

BBC Scotland 'Apologising' for songs identifying Shankland as a wanker last night

BUT quite happy for The Huns to be up to their knees in fenian blood anytime they're on

What a fucked up lot

Why should the BBC apologize for Rangers fans. ? 

1 hour ago, Bobster said:

I guess it's something (a start) but I think it needed to be a 100% ban if it's those two clubs for those reasons. A partial ban will only (possibly) stop one of the three you've mentioned. Even if the ban was for a season to start with, then a 50% allocation trial then back to normal if it was effective. The downside to this is it punishes the true supporters of the clubs but maybe they need to get involved in preventing it?

I would give them the same percentage they give all away fans at Ibrox & Parkheid.

6 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

I always wonder what the Rangers catholic players & staff feel hearing all the anti catholic bile coming from Rangers fans, maybe it’s lost in translation 🤔

lol.

Maybe off topic a bit but with clubs cutting the allocation of tickets to away supporters of Celtic and Rangers surely now the argument that clubs require both to visit twice a season with a huge travelling support is dead in the water.

Could this lead to reconstruction and could we finally have a proper top league where teams don't face each other four times a season?

Just a thought...

16 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Maybe off topic a bit but with clubs cutting the allocation of tickets to away supporters of Celtic and Rangers surely now the argument that clubs require both to visit twice a season with a huge travelling support is dead in the water.

Could this lead to reconstruction and could we finally have a proper top league where teams don't face each other four times a season?

Just a thought...

Hope so 👍

50 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Just a thought...

It won't be all clubs. I believe there are still two who give them three stands every time they visit

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

Just a thought...

I believe hertz and professor Budge had a plan for league reconstruction that benefitted everyone in Scottish football, don’t hear much about it these days tho

5 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Yes. Its unenforceable and will end up in court. Those with the biggest pockets will see to that. I think its a start with the reduction of away allocations for fans. That will have an impact. 

We dont even need strict liabilty. Just use the existing powers to warn, fine, stand closure then stadium closure.

Closing a stand at Ibrox would cost the club in the region of £300k minimum. Closing the stadium around 1.75 million. 

Clubs would soon address the issue with those type of losses.

Surprisingly Aberdeen are the better side in the 1st half. 

Should be 2 nil up but Milne spurned a glorious chance by putting a free header wide

Ross County’s last 2 fixtures before the split are a lot tougher than Aberdeens. Next weeks head to head is key.

I’m bemused why they didn’t appoint the current interim manager after Robson. 

Edited by EddardStark

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

A shock result today if you’re a dons fan. None of us expected that but it’s very welcome. 

Michael Stewart calling the VAR intervention to rule out the Well goal a disgrace. So it’s probably the right decision. 

6 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Michael Stewart calling the VAR intervention to rule out the Well goal a disgrace. So it’s probably the right decision. 

I have seen it. It does hit the Motherwell players arm, in today's game its handball

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

He was losing it on the radio. 

His rough words were, yes it hits his hand/arm, but he doesn’t gain an advantage from it as he wasnt the one who scored, it fell to Miller who smashed it home 😂😂

Which to me says, he didn’t get an advantage, but his team did, so it’s a foul 🤷🏼‍♂️

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

He was losing it on the radio. 

His rough words were, yes it hits his hand/arm, but he doesn’t gain an advantage from it as he wasnt the one who scored, it fell to Miller who smashed it home 😂😂

Which to me says, he didn’t get an advantage, but his team did, so it’s a foul 🤷🏼‍♂️

Stewart has lost the plot recently. I used to like him and thought he was better than the old firm boot lickers but he's lost it over the last year. 

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Absolutely unbelievable game at Rugby Park, one of the most memorable ever 🙂

No way that game could be entertaining, it didn't feature rangers or celtic.

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Absolutely unbelievable game at Rugby Park, one of the most memorable ever 🙂

Watching the highlights now. That miss from St mirren when 2 nil up really came back to haunt them

41 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Watching the highlights now. That miss from St mirren when 2 nil up really came back to haunt them

They didn't mention on Sportscene but that miss was actually flagged offside, although it looked tight and obviously would be reviewed by VAR.

Anyway I'd have been happy with 5-3 😄

Edited by Toepoke