Season 23/24 - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

46 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

There are ways to instill an "everyones against us" siege mentality

This is definitely not one of them ...

He's managing Celtic though, that's already built in! 😄

32 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Lad I used to work with was a Reading season ticket holder and he couldn’t stand the bloke. 

Matt Mills story is gold:

🤣 Wtf???

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it’s been mentioned in the media much but that defending from Motherwell for Idah’s 2 goals was utterly horrific. 

idah’s scoring stats in English championship plus 1 EPL goal are equally horrific. He now has 4 goals in 4 games now for Celtic.

A move to the old firm is the easiest money you’ll ever make in your life.

3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Any chance of Aberdeen appointing an interim interim manager before the split? 

Any chance of rangers getting bumped down the leagues again 😜

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Was Rodgers being sexist like her is being portrayed or was he sating good girl in the same way you would say good lad?

If it was a bloke & he had said “good lad” no one would’ve been upset & had a hissy fit about it, the whole worlds gone woke pc crazy.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Was Rodgers being sexist like her is being portrayed or was he sating good girl in the same way you would say good lad?

3 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

If it was a bloke & he had said “good lad” no one would’ve been upset & had a hissy fit about it, the whole worlds gone woke pc crazy.

I guess it's all about the context

I doubt he was praising her and sounded like sarcasm

24 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Who gives a fuck. She should grow a set of baws... This world has gone completely fruit loop man !!! Cannae say a fuckin thing noo without offending some tosser !!!! 

FB_IMG_1708988395247.jpg

26 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Given his tone in the rest of the interview it was clearly condescending.  The reaction has still been a bit OTT mind you but then that's par for the course in Scottish football!  Good to see Brendan starting to crack as much as his lips though! 

It was an attempt by Rodgers to belittle her for doing her job well. Would have been the same if he had said "good lad" to a male reporter with a similarly dismissive/sarcastic tone.

In the moment Jane Lewis didn't seem too bothered as she was heard light-heartedly saying "and off he goes" or words to that effect before it went back to the studio, but perhaps that was just her being professional while the mic was switched on.

If Rodgers, or any other manager wants to avoid tough questioning speak to club media only - they'll toss you soft questions all day and night. 

Hopefully he will find a way to apologise privately to her. 

3 hours ago, morrie21 said:

It was an attempt by Rodgers to belittle her for doing her job well. Would have been the same if he had said "good lad" to a male reporter with a similarly dismissive/sarcastic tone.

In the moment Jane Lewis didn't seem too bothered as she was heard light-heartedly saying "and off he goes" or words to that effect before it went back to the studio, but perhaps that was just her being professional while the mic was switched on.

If Rodgers, or any other manager wants to avoid tough questioning speak to club media only - they'll toss you soft questions all day and night. 

Apologize??????? 😂😂😂😂😂😂. Did Souness apologize for his "it's a man's game" ? No.... !!!!!

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Given his tone in the rest of the interview it was clearly condescending.  The reaction has still been a bit OTT mind you but then that's par for the course in Scottish football!  Good to see Brendan starting to crack as much as his lips though! 

Crack?? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Holy fuck you lot are something else..... We will see who cracks fannybaws !!! 😉😂

5 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Not often I disagree with you but I don't think he had anything to apologise for. 

59 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I can’t believe the whataboutery and the defence of BR on here. The comments regarding the interviewer not being bothered are also laughable. The comments and tone from BR are unambiguous and cringeworthy. 

The lassie even said she was not offended in any way. Scotland's shame moaning again.....Away and change yir nappy.....  

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

I can’t believe the whataboutery and the defence of BR on here. The comments regarding the interviewer not being bothered are also laughable. The comments and tone from BR are unambiguous and cringeworthy. 

He was being condescending but he wasn't being sexist in my opinion. I can believe how desperate you are for BR to be branded as sexist and strung up and I can definitely believe the whataboutery, it happens with every incident involving the OF