Season 23/24 - Page 32 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

37 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't understand why Sutton is there. Do they always have a rep for celtic and on for Rangers regardless of who plays?

Don't want to upset either side of the bigots.

Haven't watched the game, but is the Aberdeen goalie not a bit dodgy, seen both goals, and he can't push the ball out wide.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest credit tonight goes to the ref for refereeing it fairly. He rightly showed the player a red but then VAR asked him to check it. Kenny Miller and clement just couldn't get their head round it 😆 😂 🤣 

19 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Kenny Miller 😂😂😂😂

He's overtaken Alex rae and kris boyd in the rangers cheerleading section

Screenshot_20240206_221152_Brave.jpg

8 hours ago, kumnio said:

Last night was a new low for TV coverage of football in scotland. 

Boyd and Sutton are no better than two random old firm punters and Kenny Miller was half a step away from shouting fuck the pope or we are the people.

I don't know if sky do it on purpose or if they are just extremely ignorant when it comes to scottish football

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Last night was a new low for TV coverage of football in scotland. 

Boyd and Sutton are no better than two random old firm punters and Kenny Miller was half a step away from shouting fuck the pope or we are the people.

I don't know if sky do it on purpose or if they are just extremely ignorant when it comes to scottish football

I never listen to pundits. I also have the volume turned off whilst listening to the games. BBC post match analysis on radio is probably the best. We’ve never reached the heights of Football Italia. 

9 hours ago, kumnio said:

Don't want to upset either side of the bigots.

Haven't watched the game, but is the Aberdeen goalie not a bit dodgy, seen both goals, and he can't push the ball out wide.

Looked like Sutton wanted to deck Boyd after the game, Boyd was being a bigger prick than Sutton and that takes some doing.

20 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I never listen to pundits. I also have the volume turned off whilst listening to the games. BBC post match analysis on radio is probably the best. We’ve never reached the heights of Football Italia. 

You'd be fine listening to scottish coverage on sky mate. It's a massive rangers love in. 

I'll be watching red TV from now on. If it has to be partizan commentary I'll watch my own club

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

Looked like Sutton wanted to deck Boyd after the game, Boyd was being a bigger prick than Sutton and that takes some doing.

Sutton has one redeeming quality, he sticks up for scottis football when the nigels slate it.

Boyd is a Rangers fan boy on scottish football coverage. When he's on soccer Saturday he's nothing more than a good little house jock or a diet mccoist

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Biggest credit tonight goes to the ref for refereeing it fairly. He rightly showed the player a red but then VAR asked him to check it. Kenny Miller and clement just couldn't get their head round it 😆 😂 🤣 

Aye well done to the ref for standing by his original decision for a stonewall red card, the pressure on him from the dark room called var & the stands must have been enormous, good to see & long may it continue.👋

20 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Aye well done to the ref for standing by his original decision for a stonewall red card, the pressure on him from the dark room called var & the stands must have been enormous, good to see & long may it continue.👋

Don't worry, Rangers still have another layer of protection to get Sterling off with it. 

Step one - referree to ignore the foul

Step two - if step one doesnt works,  VAR to ask the ref to check the foul

Step 3 - approach the ref and tell him about his mistake after the match to ensure it does not happen again

Clement did this straight after the game, the total disbelief in his face was hilarious, I mean how dare someone apply the rules of the game to rangers at ibrox 

Step 4 - appeal the decision and get the media to put pressure on refs again.

Step 5 - realise statement and play the victim

Step 6 - WATP 

Edited by vanderark14

10 hours ago, EddardStark said:

2-1 hammering to be honest. It would have been a travesty if we hadn’t won that game. Plucky defending from the Dons so well done to them for that. 

There's nothing honest about your post. It wasn't a 2 1 hammering. Rangers for all their shots on goal managed only 7 on target including the 2 goals. 

The dons keeper had a howler, he gifted two goals to rangers. He had 5 saves to make and butland had 3 . Rangers had the bulk of the ball as expected at ibrox but dessers and matundo despite his goal are absolute shite. 

Goldson had his goalie gloves on again so it could be argued you were lucky not to concede a pen in the end.

This is what has got people talking, this is worse than it usually is from boyd and Sutton. Terrible punditry. 

Boyds default position is the same every week...but but what aboot sellick. He's very unprofessional but no doubt the staunch lap him up.

As many people have said, it's no surprise people stop paying for sky and get IPTV instead. I've watched aberdeen via other club channels including celtic and rangers TV but none of them were as bad as the coverage scottish football fans were treated to last night

11 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Kenny Miller has been horrendous to listen to.

He's insufferable.  Thick as mince too.

Unbelievably biased too. Can kinda handle the Boyd/Sutton pantomime as it doesn't affect the game but listening to that greeting faced tube yesterday was grim.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's insufferable.  Thick as mince too.

Unbelievably biased too. Can kinda handle the Boyd/Sutton pantomime as it doesn't affect the game but listening to that greeting faced tube yesterday was grim.

This should be something on the agenda for chairmen out with the OF. They should be lobbying sky for more balanced views on games. Even Charragher and Neville are more balanced when Liverpool play Man united. 

Why do we have to suffer Eilidh Barbour, "does VAR check it", "it was a short check" "have we seen them given"; get Gordon Duncan in there, at least he knows the rules and tries to promote non OF on SSB.  I'm hoping that as he's on SSN more often they're going to give him a slot soon.

Sutton and Boyd are the pantomime act, a soft Neville and Carragher, they're not to be taken seriously are they.  McFadden is a bore, surely there is someone from the Scottish game who can be brought in to do some decent analysis.  We're screwed with that aspect on Sky compared to the EPL.

Red Card - yee, its a red.  If he'd given a yellow I don't think he upgrades it though.

Penalties - we've seen a softening in this approach with handballs since the winter break.  Neither are penalties, especially the latter.  If its up the other end, I don't think they get it either. 

I don't mind Sutton, yes he is a bit of a dick and obviously pro Celtic, but I don't think he is anywhere near Miller, Boyd & Rae etc in either mentality or lack of IQ, plus he is very vocal in defending Scottish fitba. The Celtic equivalent would be Hartson who is quite probably borderline deficient, and shouldn't be given media jobs.

Its hard to think of a Rangers man who isn't thick as shit, Im sure they do exist, possibly Neil McCann, but he is too busy tonguing Gerrards arse, and as a result qualifies as a complete thicko.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Its hard to think of a Rangers man who isn't thick as shit, Im sure they do exist, possibly Neil McCann, but he is too busy tonguing Gerrards arse, and as a result qualifies as a complete thicko.

McCann doesn’t understand the rules (laws) of football, when they’re pointed out to him his stock reply is well they shouldn’t be