Season 23/24 - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Robson has improved the dons and we still have our best CB to come back plus a new LB incoming 

The dons had a go which is an improvement on last season against celtic

Scales will sign tonight or tomorrow I’d imagine. 

Good to see them showing respect to the opposition, but not bending over as over previous seasons. 

A daft mistake by Devlin was the real difference there, Celtic were there to be gotten at and don’t like it in their faces. 

The players never gave up and the fans could see that, the small amount that left at 1-3 was testament to that, but Robson has to let them know that’s the performances expected every week now.  

With all due respect to them, if they go into the CL with that goalie and defence, they could be in big trouble. 

55 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Scales will sign tonight or tomorrow I’d imagine. 

Good to see them showing respect to the opposition, but not bending over as over previous seasons. 

A daft mistake by Devlin was the real difference there, Celtic were there to be gotten at and don’t like it in their faces. 

The players never gave up and the fans could see that, the small amount that left at 1-3 was testament to that, but Robson has to let them know that’s the performances expected every week now.  

With all due respect to them, if they go into the CL with that goalie and defence, they could be in big trouble. 

Scales with Mcdonald at the back would make a huge difference to that team.

I'm probably about to jinx the lad but Morris looks like a different player, he was utter dung last season but he made an arse of taylor today until he ran out of steam. 

Robson should have brought on 2 subs for Morris and polvara as both were dead on their feet, that's my only complaint for today. Can't fault the effort 

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm probably about to jinx the lad but Morris looks like a different player, he was utter dung last season but he made an arse of taylor today until he ran out of steam. 

Robson should have brought on 2 subs for Morris and polvara as both were dead on their feet, that's my only complaint for today. Can't fault the effort 

Taylor has been utter dug meat all summer. We seriously need to upgrade in that position. I’m not buying the rumours that Tierney is coming back but that’s the sort of change I could get on board with. Time to replace Joe Hart as well, he’s done fine for us but if we go into the CL with Hart & Taylor we’ll make a James Hunt of ourselves! 😂

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Morris and Polvara were both great today, but as you say, just blew out their arses by the end. Maybe just a bit of naivety by Robson, but he does seem to be getting a tune out of some players that couldn’t do anything last season. 

53 minutes ago, slasher said:

Taylor has been utter dug meat all summer. We seriously need to upgrade in that position. I’m not buying the rumours that Tierney is coming back but that’s the sort of change I could get on board with. Time to replace Joe Hart as well, he’s done fine for us but if we go into the CL with Hart & Taylor we’ll make a James Hunt of ourselves! 😂

Yup, midfield and upfront is fine for Celtic, but defence and GK should be a massive concern for Rodgers. 

Just reading the match reports on a couple Celtic sites as I did not see the match. Bhoys saying Aberdeen done well, hard 3 points for us, but certainly not lucky..  Some lads also saying Aberdeen can challenge sevco for 2nd spot.. Pleased with the 3 hard fought points away fae home....

54 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Killie on 4 points from Rangers at home and Hearts away. Absolutely delighted with that as a start. Massive game coming up at Motherwell. Treating Celtic in the cup as a free hit. 

Aye agree delightful start to the season. Two games you would have taken any points at all from as a bonus. 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

3 teams scrapping for 2nd now. I like it...👊👊

Haha give it a few weeks and no doubt it'll be Celtic on top with rangers 2nd and the rest falling away

Classy as usual, he’ll settle in well at Celtic. Lovely inspiration to youngsters. 

Hopefully Aberdeen FC push for the strongest punishment allowed for this type of language and abuse directed at a fellow footballer on social media, but nothing will come from it I’m sure. 

IMG_4808.png

44 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Classy as usual, he’ll settle in well at Celtic. Lovely inspiration to youngsters. 

Hopefully Aberdeen FC push for the strongest punishment allowed for this type of language and abuse directed at a fellow footballer on social media, but nothing will come from it I’m sure. 

IMG_4808.png

🤣

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

IMG_4808.png

Daft wee boy, I'm sure he will learn Quickly 

4 hours ago, Kirk said:

Daft wee boy, I'm sure he will learn Quickly 

Yeah, one of our opponents in the juveniles on Saturday was sent off for calling someone a fucking faggot and the ref heard it is looking at a 4 game ban asa minimum for the start of the season. 

Id imagine this will be at least the same as that. 

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

IMG_4808.png

Wasn't he largely annonomys when he came on as a sub? I'm sure the commentators mention it too.

16 hours ago, slasher said:

Hart looked nervous when he had to play out from the back when aberdeen pressed high. 

Celtic have time but I agree, the players they have will win the SPFL but some are not good enough for the CL.

15 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just reading the match reports on a couple Celtic sites as I did not see the match. Bhoys saying Aberdeen done well, hard 3 points for us, but certainly not lucky..  Some lads also saying Aberdeen can challenge sevco for 2nd spot.. Pleased with the 3 hard fought points away fae home....

Patronising post of the year. 

Have a 🏅 

14 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Yeah, one of our opponents in the juveniles on Saturday was sent off for calling someone a fucking faggot and the ref heard it is looking at a 4 game ban asa minimum for the start of the season. 

Id imagine this will be at least the same as that. 

What is wrong with people man 🙈 should absolutely hammer that shit.