Team For Tuesday Night - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team For Tuesday Night

The Black Bra

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No that was a totally different team, different manager, different team spirit and work ethic. It is like trying to compare the Leeds title winning team with the one that just got relegated - no comparison.

Never underestimate the Scottish capacity for self destruction 😄

I know Georgia are on a good run, but not as good as ours. They will be scared of us. As they should be.

I don't think we'll be nervous, which is the only thing that could stop us from winning tonight.

I'd be happy with the exact same 11 as Norway, but just have more atacking intent from the start. Push Tierney and Hickey further up the pitch and give McTominay and McGinn free reign to create.

I’d start Gilmour for Christie (great sub to come on) and Move McTominay and McGinn up one. Other than that keep the same team, but as TB says push Hickey and the overlapping Centre Half Tierney further up the pitch to take the game tae them 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

I know Georgia are on a good run, but not as good as ours. They will be scared of us. As they should be.

I don't think we'll be nervous, which is the only thing that could stop us from winning tonight.

I'd be happy with the exact same 11 as Norway, but just have more atacking intent from the start. Push Tierney and Hickey further up the pitch and give McTominay and McGinn free reign to create.

I'm probably more nervous about tonight than Saturday as these could be a surprise package.

Think their lack of depth and it being an away double header should help but their domestic league only went on mid-season break 2 weeks ago so their fitness may not be an issue 🤔 

It's difficult to judge their run given their Nations League standing but some not bad results in there.

Can't be as half arsed as the Cyprus game or could be a long night 

8 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Can't be as half arsed as the Cyprus game or could be a long night 

Very true. 

A few folk I've been speaking to seem to have already forgotten how close that game was. They just remember the 3-0 scoreline, but seem to forget that Cyprus could easily have equalised before McT popped up with his late double.

8 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Just watched the 1-0 game 8 year ago at Ibrox.

We hammered them but were both lucky to score and not to concede from their 1 real chance.  

We had a decent team on paper that day and all.  

I was at that match. Shaun Maloney scored if my memory serves me correct? Mental that day, ended up.leaving the Renfrew Ferry with 3 Aberdeen fans in a taxi..🤣🤣🤣

Just had a sneak peak at the TA facebook. There are some real wallopers on there, unbelievably there are still some Scotland fans who think McGregor is shite for Scotland. He's one of the fist names on the fucking sheet if he is fit

This wasn't just one fan, it was several

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Just had a sneak peak at the TA facebook. There are some real wallopers on there, unbelievably there are still some Scotland fans who think McGregor is shite for Scotland. He's one of the fist names on the fucking sheet if he is fit

This wasn't just one fan, it was several

I read that aswell. Did not surprise me ro be honest. Some folk haven't a scooby what a role player is...

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I read that aswell. Did not surprise me ro be honest. Some folk haven't a scooby what a role player is...

There also a few having a dig at Porteous too. If you had told me Porteous would adapt so well to International football, I would have laughed at you but he's done a great job since coming in

I might be on my own but for the first time in for as long as I can remember I am happy with whoever clark choses. His selections are never left field, that could be because he has a group I am confident in. If he drops a midfielder for Gilmour, so be it. Gilmour has his mojo back and he's a great talent

Patterson or Hickey, who cares - they are both awesome. 

Porteous, Souttar, Cooper or Hanley - ach who cares they do great for us

GET IN TE THEM

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

There also a few having a dig at Porteous too. If you had told me Porteous would adapt so well to International football, I would have laughed at you but he's done a great job since coming in

What were they saying about porteous? I think hes been pretty solid so far for scotland. I think he will improve alot over the next few years and he will play for a lower half epl team eventually.

The penalty he conceded was harsh imo. Haaland just fell to ground and the ref bought it.

Saying that i felt hendry possibly fouled haaland before that when he tugged on haalands arm and haaland didnt go down. 

16 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

27 degrees. Found a boozer here on Ottawa that is showing the match live on the outside patio.. Lovely... Come on Scotland !!!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

20230620_142651.jpg

The rain delay was horrible. I had to order more beer and apply more sun lotion, it his 28 degrees on the patio. I was the only one watching the football, Mrs.Ramy joined me after as she was out shopping. Very proud of the boys, great afternoon with the perfect end result.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊👊👊