Transfer Chat 2023/24 - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfer Chat 2023/24

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

That was pretty much my impression.

Was anyone good at tannadice last year? Some of the players at Aberdeen looked horrendous under goodwin.......all of sudden Robson comes in and takes Aberdeen to 3rd. 

50 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I see Celtic are linked with Luis Palms who Rangers have been linked with for the past year or so. Decent numbers but not sure he’s the standard of player I expected to see Celtic going for (if they do). 

Me neither. There are diamonds in the mud but what we do over the next week will impact whether I take up CL tickets and what I do with my renewal form next spring will get serious consideration.

On 8/26/2023 at 1:14 PM, vanderark14 said:

Harry Souttar on loan to rangers. Saw this on a leicester city Facebook page

In time for Sunday's game. Quiz time! Who were the last brothers to play in an Old Firm match?

Edited by Och Aye

19 minutes ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

Obvious pair are Ronald and Frank De Boer?

It was just a pity the 3rd brother didn't sign at the same time - Rupert.

(I'd actually forgot about the de Boers)

So before the de Boers who were the last brothers to play in an Old Firm match? 

7 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

It was just a pity the 3rd brother didn't sign at the same time - Rupert.

(I'd actually forgot about the de Boers)

So before the de Boers who were the last brothers to play in an Old Firm match? 

The McStays (Paul & Willie)?

Colin (Rangers) and Tam McAdam (Celtic) also played against each other several times in the 80’s.

11 minutes ago, slasher said:

The McStays (Paul & Willie)?

Colin (Rangers) and Tam McAdam (Celtic) also played against each other several times in the 80’s.

👍 Incredibly not the 1st McStay brothers to play together for Celtic. Their great uncles did it in the 1920's.

I remember both McAdam brothers playing for Motherwell albeit years apart, both were good players.

5 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Strong indications that Salah will move to Saudi Pro League today. What a farce football is becoming. 

Liverpool supposedly rejected the Bid. 

Football has been a farce for more than 20 years now

16 hours ago, Och Aye said:

👍 Incredibly not the 1st McStay brothers to play together for Celtic. Their great uncles did it in the 1920's.

I remember both McAdam brothers playing for Motherwell albeit years apart, both were good players.

I remember watching them play for Dumbarton earlier in their careers, Colin a centre half & Tom a striker.

7 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Can't see him moving at this late stage. Liverpool won't have time to bring in a replacement and they'd be basically waving their season goodbye.

However if it goes to about 175 million for a 31 year old they would be mad to reject it. Without Salah they still have enough to keep them in top 8 minimum going into January when they could buy 2 or 3 players and still have a big profit. 

They bought VVD and Allison when they sold Coutinho. Something similar would be good business.

14 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

However if it goes to about 175 million for a 31 year old they would be mad to reject it. Without Salah they still have enough to keep them in top 8 minimum going into January when they could buy 2 or 3 players and still have a big profit. 

They bought VVD and Allison when they sold Coutinho. Something similar would be good business.

£200 million being quoted now 😮

35 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

£200 million being quoted now 😮

Reckon they’ll go higher, want him for the World Club Cup in December as their marquee signing. If they don’t get him now they’ll just wait for his contract to run down so could well be a take or leave it offer and Liverpool will know that, interesting to see if they keep resisting. Wants to go apparently and Liverpool are unlikely to win the league or champions league again during his current contract 

Edited by dan cake

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

📸 Look at this post on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/279774829524409/permalink/1563170224518190/?ref=share&mibextid=NOb6e

This keeps popping up. It's gaming legs. I would have the big man sharpish🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

It's a perfect fit right at thus point in time. Mckenna is a very good centre half which celtic want and he needs games for the Euros.