Reasons to be cheerful - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Reasons to be cheerful

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/17/2024 at 1:05 PM, StirlingEgg said:

Do Tambers remain anonymous when on away trips? 

Back in the early days of the TAMB we used to have t-shirts with oor user names on the back, we had a TAMB meeting in Paris in March 2002, would be fun to do that again... I've no got the "team photo" here at work but there's a great one in existence... 

52 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Back in the early days of the TAMB we used to have t-shirts with oor user names on the back, we had a TAMB meeting in Paris in March 2002, would be fun to do that again... I've no got the "team photo" here at work but there's a great one in existence... 

How many folk were at that one? I just wondered if folk preferred to keep an air of mystique 😄

3 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

How many folk were at that one? I just wondered if folk preferred to keep an air of mystique 😄

Ooft, cannae mind, 30 or 40 maybe more? mind it was the early days so no quite as many of us then! 

On 1/17/2024 at 1:05 PM, StirlingEgg said:

Do Tambers remain anonymous when on away trips? 

I met GMan in Slovenia , it was organised as we spoke to each other on here a lot beforehand . I am not really a ‘mystique’ kinda gal 😊
Only other person I met was in Tel Aviv. I noticed McTeeko in the bar I was in as he has his pic on his avatar, so wandered up and said hello.  I briefly met DoonTheSlope in that bar too as McTeeko knew him. And I caught up with GMan again. Only other folk I have met that post on here are folk I knew beforehand. 

My brother might have been at the meet up Bzzzz mentioned. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Better get my snow shoes ready.

Away with your negativity! 

Though I  haven’t seen Ramy post on here since that pic of him hairless and hatless in the snow last month.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, this must be the most uncheery social media platform ever, and that includes Twitter. At least some of the folk on there are happy being miserable bassas.

Today I am expecting a DPD package between 2.17-3.17 . Delivery of an incredibly cheery purchase. A new suitcase making its maiden voyage to Morocco next week. Anyone been that can give me some tips ? I am going to an all inclusive in the middle of nowhere right enough , dont be thinking I have developed some culture . 

Anyone on holiday just now? With it being the school holidays surely there must be someone on here belting out Agadoo at the kids club somewhere in Majorca. 

I'm on a promise on a Wednesday!

Means she's broken something physically, fiscally or both but we'll deal with that Thursday.   

Edited by ThistleWhistle
Blood rushing from brain to somewhere else

This is more of past than current reason but just back from 2 weeks in New Orleans, Memphis and Nashville and had an absolute ball.  3 amazing cities that while have a lot of similarities with each other also have their own distinct personality.  I'd been to Memphis before but it was 26 years ago and only for a couple of nights so it was good to be able to spend a bit more time there and really get to know the place.  I'd recommend all 3 if anyone is thinking of heading over that way (although the jetlag has been kicking my arse since we got back!).

16 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

This is more of past than current reason but just back from 2 weeks in New Orleans, Memphis and Nashville and had an absolute ball.  3 amazing cities that while have a lot of similarities with each other also have their own distinct personality.  I'd been to Memphis before but it was 26 years ago and only for a couple of nights so it was good to be able to spend a bit more time there and really get to know the place.  I'd recommend all 3 if anyone is thinking of heading over that way (although the jetlag has been kicking my arse since we got back!).

Nice one. My wife and I are planning on doing more travelling now that I'm retired and New Orleans is one of the places that is top of our list....

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Err, stop gazumpimg my new suitcase , any holidays need to be inferior to Morocco 😁

Sounds great. I assume there was a lot of driving, thats the only thing that puts  me off America as I get bad car sickness . 

3 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I'm on a promise on a Wednesday!

Means she's broken something physically, fiscally or both but we'll deal with that Thursday.   

I would say it means she has completely lost her mind .

The best Mr T can hope for on a Wednesday is a pair of shaved legs . Me, no him. 

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Nice one. My wife and I are planning on doing more travelling now that I'm retired and New Orleans is one of the places that is top of our list....

When did you retire Ramy ? 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Last April, and loving it pal....😊

Well blow me over with a feather Ramy, you kept that quiet 😏

Are you still making your bracelets or have you moved onto another project ? 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Err, stop gazumpimg my new suitcase , any holidays need to be inferior to Morocco 😁

Sounds great. I assume there was a lot of driving, thats the only thing that puts  me off America as I get bad car sickness . 

We thought about driving as were initially planning on stopping somewhere between New Orleans and Memphis for a couple of nights but when we sacked that off driving became a bit of a ball ache. We ended up getting the Amtrak train between the 2. 8 hours on the train but we booked a bedroom so had our own space and able to stretch out and private toilet etc. Train also had a viewing carriage so it was actually a quite enjoyable journey. 

We then got the bus between Memphis and Nashville. Originally looked at the Greyhound but ended up booking with a company called Vonlane who run a “business class” coach between the 2 cities. 2 hours quicker than Greyhound and big comfy leather recliners with meal service, drinks etc and got us in about 5 hours earlier. A wee bit more expensive but still great value and a lot less hassle than driving.