Norway.... Halland !!! - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Norway.... Halland !!!

Big Ramy 1314

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes I said as much earlier that for all they have the best striker in the world it has not resulted in qualification for them. Also it lazy to look at his club form this year and assume he will have the same returns for Norway. Manchester City's midfield is laced with world class midfielders and defence of the scale that Norway are way below. They do not have the ultra skillful midfield who can lay chances on a plate for him.

He’s not played anywhere close to a full qualification campaign yet though.

And I don’t think he needs much service to destroy our level of central defenders, he can do that on his own!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Whelky75 said:

He’s not played anywhere close to a full qualification campaign yet though.

And I don’t think he needs much service to destroy our level of central defenders, he can do that on his own!

When you get up in the morning do you ever see the sun shine brightly 🌚🌚🌚

2 hours ago, tartan davie said:

just been on norway web page gameto be played at ulleval stadium 5 pm kick off. tickets for scotland end tickets on sale on this site

How can there be tickets on sale for the Scotland end. Surely they all go on sale via the ssc. Know that quite a few Scotland fans have bought home supporters tickets near the away section. Also somebody posted that the game was now sold out. 

Haaland current injury would be better timed around Scotland match away or if Man City make the Champions League Final on Sat 10th June, the week before he plays us he might call off after a week of partying!? 

But as previously mentioned, starve him of service then he won’t get as many chances🙏

Haven’t checked what his record is like with Norway and call offs ?? 
Now that he’s at Man City I’m sure he’s called off before……. 

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Haaland's second goal yesterday defied physics. What an asset to have in your team!

Haven't seen it, but can only imagine. The man is sooooo strong, and near impossible to get the ball off at times. Imagine if we had a McHallaand? Wee would win the fu kin WC !! 😉

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Can’t say I was that impressed with Haaland today. Hopefully he’ll be as quiet in his next 2 games. 

Yes. It's obvious. Keep the service to him limited and he will struggle. Great finisher but won't create much himself. It's all about midfield. Control that and i think wr can win. 

20 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Yes. It's obvious. Keep the service to him limited and he will struggle. Great finisher but won't create much himself. It's all about midfield. Control that and i think wr can win. 

We have to watch long balls to chase from the goalkeeper; if he outpaces our back 3 we will be in trouble. I'm sure they will use the Mancity tactic.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

We have to watch long balls to chase from the goalkeeper; if he outpaces our back 3 we will be in trouble. I'm sure they will use the Mancity tactic.

Really hate to think we will struggle with long balls from the goalkeeper.

Just read Harald Brattbakk talking about the game and telling Norway not to underestimate Scotland and that Scotland are closer to Norway than many people think. Really... very big of him. Let's hope Norway for some bizarre reason do underestimate us and that they are in for a shock. Not saying Norway aren't a decent side but can't see anything in their recent results to justify them in thinking they are better than us. 

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Spain walloped Norway 3-0. We beat the same Spain side 2-0. And I do not think the.home and away thing makes five goal difference.

We have had a tough time of late but we still were at a major tournament more recently than Norway.

In the past year or so Norway have beaten Sweden (about 12 places better than us in world rankings) home and away and also Serbia in Serbia.  Haaland scored 5 of the 6 goals and provided an assist for the other.

Haaland didn't play against Spain or Georgia.

The big advantage getting to the Euro finals is that counting the play offs our current squad has 4 more competitive games behind them than Norway. Could argue there are psychological ones as well.

Bookies make it a coin toss about whether we lose or not. If my life depended on it I would want the Norway side of the coin.

6 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

In the past year or so Norway have beaten Sweden (about 12 places better than us in world rankings) home and away and also Serbia in Serbia.  Haaland scored 5 of the 6 goals and provided an assist for the other.

Haaland didn't play against Spain or Georgia.

The big advantage getting to the Euro finals is that counting the play offs our current squad has 4 more competitive games behind them than Norway. Could argue there are psychological ones as well.

Bookies make it a coin toss about whether we lose or not. If my life depended on it I would want the Norway side of the coin.

At the end of the day it all comes down to who will qualify? Norway, to do that, need to go on a run of results that their recent form suggests is beyond them. Our form is far more consistent. Sure we know about the quality of Haaland and Odegaard but Norwegian fans will also know of the quality of Robertson, Tierney and McGinn from saturation coverage the EPL gets over there and our win V Spain won't have filled them with confidence.

20 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Spain walloped Norway 3-0. We beat the same Spain side 2-0. And I do not think the.home and away thing makes five goal difference.

We have had a tough time of late but we still were at a major tournament more recently than Norway.

I watched that game and it was even for most of it and Norway had really good chances. The difference was Spain took there’s. I think this is a tough game but we should have enough to get a result

Cut of service to him. No ball, no threat... Easier said than done.. When he does get the ball ? Whack him, take a yellow, let him know. I'm sure Man City have been in his ear about injury, conduct. We need to use this to pur advantage.. Alba Gu Brath...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 4/1/2023 at 10:32 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

How do we set up against him. Do we play 4 at the back? Let Tierney deal with him? Mark him tight? Interesting question. I have not seen a player dominate fullbacks like this in years. You give this man an inch, and he will destroy you. He is their main threat, how do you try and stop him !!!!  Thoughts...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Substitute him. 😎