Strength in depth - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strength in depth

0Neils40yarder

2 minutes ago, Whelky75 said:

The onus is on the person writing the post to make sure it is correct and understandable - it shouldn’t be on the reader to have to stop and reread and change words here and there, so that it makes sense. To me, it’s selfish and disrespectful to write something that doesn’t make sense, expecting others to have to interpret it for themselves. You’re right, it’s only a minor change that was needed, but it’s still the person writing the post who should do that, rather than every single reader having to do it!

I don’t care about it enough or have time to trawl the forum correcting mistakes - but I will point them out when I see them. No offence is meant. Surely we all want to learn from our mistakes? You seem to be carrying a grudge that someone dared to point out your mistakes, months or years ago. You should be thankful that they tried to help you.

No, I’m not ‘chripper’ or ‘dark knight’.

Lol jeezy peeps mon, Just chill out and stop being an arse.

Saying that i gotta hand it to you, you've been back 5 mins and already you are getting on ppls nerves in spectacular fashion. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Saying that i gotta hand it to you, you've been back 5 mins and already you are getting on ppls nerves in spectacular fashion. 

I was answering your questions!

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Can’t believe he’s denying he’s Chripper. Hates spelling mistakes but fine with lying. Makes sense. 

Lol hes an enigma is our chripper. 

I actually like the guy and admire his ability to genuinely piss ppl off without actually trying to. 

24 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Can’t believe he’s denying he’s Chripper. Hates spelling mistakes but fine with lying. Makes sense. 

I hate spelling mistakes AND lying.

You’re getting it wrong time and time again, with these accusations of which accounts are owned by the same person.

37 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He fuckin had a pop at me for a spelling mistake earlier and claimed I was abusive. He defo on the wind up surely !! 

You could pretty much pick any moment pre-2018ish and we'd have no more than 2 or 3 Scots playing regularly in the EPL. And that tended to be short lived. I.e one or two seasons or were bench warmers e.g Charlie Adam, Gary Caldwell, Stephen Naismith, Shaun Maloney etc

Now, it's pretty standard that we have up to 10 players playing regularly in England's top flight every weekend. Plus players in Serie A and Belgium. Not to mention the MLS players that can't get a look in.

It wasn't so long ago that Celtic were pretty much propping up the Scotland squad. Nowadays, only Callum McGregor is a guaranteed starter. Times have changed and I love it.

27 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

You could pretty much pick any moment pre-2018ish and we'd have no more than 2 or 3 Scots playing regularly in the EPL. And that tended to be short lived. I.e one or two seasons or were bench warmers e.g Charlie Adam, Gary Caldwell, Stephen Naismith, Shaun Maloney etc

Now, it's pretty standard that we have up to 10 players playing regularly in England's top flight every weekend. Plus players in Serie A and Belgium. Not to mention the MLS players that can't get a look in.

It wasn't so long ago that Celtic were pretty much propping up the Scotland squad. Nowadays, only Callum McGregor is a guaranteed starter. Times have changed and I love it.

According to some news feed Gauld might end up playing for Canada,if he doesn't get a call up soon. 

20 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

According to some news feed Gauld might end up playing for Canada,if he doesn't get a call up soon. 

Sorry not a fan of these sort of ultimatums. Well maybe a little harsh calling it an ultimatum but players doing this sort of thing it just puts into question their levels of commitment.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

Up to 10?! Name them.

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Premier League players from the last squad...

Cooper, Robertson, Hickey, Tierney, Patterson, McGinn, McTominay, Armstrong, Gilmour, Adams & Christie.

I’m aware of that, it was the ‘playing regularly every weekend’ part that I was disputing! 10 is a bit of a stretch, even when including players who make substitute appearances.

2 hours ago, Whelky75 said:

I’m aware of that, it was the ‘playing regularly every weekend’ part that I was disputing! 10 is a bit of a stretch, even when including players who make substitute appearances.

Of those players only Gilmour, Patterson and Tierney aren't appearing regularly, which hopefully won't be the case for long.

So to suggest "up to 10" players is absolutely fair enough in my book.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Of those players only Gilmour, Patterson and Tierney aren't appearing regularly, which hopefully won't be the case for long.

So to suggest "up to 10" players is absolutely fair enough in my book.

But you’re not a pedantic arsehole …

7 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry not a fan of these sort of ultimatums. Well maybe a little harsh calling it an ultimatum but players doing this sort of thing it just puts into question their levels of commitment.

Found the interview (last segment):

Seems more like he’s just being diplomatic to be honest. 

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Premier League players from the last squad...

Cooper, Robertson, Hickey, Tierney, Patterson, McGinn, McTominay, Armstrong, Gilmour, Adams & Christie.

Exactly the people I'd have named. Thanks.

Ryan Fraser, up until recently, was also an EPL regular. As were James McArthur and Matt Ritchie though they retired a while ago. Hanley and McLean were EPL players last year.

So, yeah, up to 10 is pretty accurate. It's really only Gilmour that doesn't at least get off the bench from that list as well.

28 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Exactly the people I'd have named. Thanks.

Ryan Fraser, up until recently, was also an EPL regular. As were James McArthur and Matt Ritchie though they retired a while ago. Hanley and McLean were EPL players last year.

So, yeah, up to 10 is pretty accurate. It's really only Gilmour that doesn't at least get off the bench from that list as well.

And on top of that EPL clubs were also in for Lewis Ferguson and Callum McGregor so that could of been more. And lets be honest, Tierney is being kept out of the Champions-elect team. He would walk into other EPL sides.

Also I'd hazard a guess a fair few in the England squad are not EPL regulars either - further evidence of how difficult it is to tie down a first team spot in the EPL.