Mikey Johnston - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mikey Johnston

csinclair

10 hours ago, slasher said:

Neither would I consider choosing anyone other than Scotland. 
My wife however would be eligible for Ireland, Italy, England & Scotland. Some people have complex ancestry that may not be obvious to you. Choosing Ireland seems to be a particular issue for some people in this country and by the way the term plastic paddy is offensive. Not to me particularly, but it has obvious connotations which anyone with half a brain in this country would be keen to avoid. 
You don’t strike me as stupid Malcolm so I’m therefore left to believe you were on a wee fishing mission. Maybe be a wee bit more careful in future as you’re pushing the boundaries a bit with this shite.

Are you surprised to see Malcolm post like this? He's the ultimate billy brit, spends his time on a scotland forum fishing for bits. He may not be stupid but he is a dick

Edited by vanderark14

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Your allegiances and who you feel more closely aligned to can change the older you get

Absolute horse shit, its amazing how many of you billy brits believe this

Hes a slippery chap is our malcolm. Wants to criticise a lad for switching football nationalities but wont vote for his own countrys independence. I am willing to bet johnston is an indy supporter. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Your allegiances and who you feel more closely aligned to can change the older you get

Your allegiances and who you feel more closely aligned to can change the older you get

that’s all well and good but what if that happens to someone that’s already been capped, should they just be allowed to switch?  I have won a few caps for Scotland and I sign for Man City, I feel more English now?

it’s a fact.  You can love your country dearly, support the national team passionately, but believe that we are better off as part of a United Kingdom.  You might not agree with it but these people exist.

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hes a slippery chap is our malcolm. Wants to criticise a lad for switching football nationalities but wont vote for his own countrys independence. I am willing to bet johnston is an indy supporter. 

I voted yes.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Are you surprised to see Malcolm post like this? He's the ultimate billy brit, spends his time on a scotland forum fishing for bits. He may not be stupid but he is a dick

Aaacht I know VA but I go through phases with Malcolm.. Sometimes I think he’s genuine (one Scotland has many shades etc) then other times I think he’s  trolling! 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Aaacht I know VA but I go through phases with Malcolm.. Sometimes I think he’s genuine (one Scotland has many shades etc) then other times I think he’s  trolling! 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

I won't give the time of day anymore. His true colours started to shine through lately. He's one step away from posting WE ARE THE PEOPLE. 

19 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Fuck all these plastic paddy’s. good riddance.  The only one remotely decent was ray houghton.

I would have more respect for them  if they declared their “irishness” at 18 years old.

"Plastic Paddy's " 

Is such casual racism tolerated on here?

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I won't give the time of day anymore. His true colours started to shine through lately. He's one step away from posting WE ARE THE PEOPLE. 

as you well know…. I support Hearts, not Rangers.  😊. Not that there anything remotely wrong with being a Rangers fan and a mad keen Scotland fan, despite what some here think!

I dont think plastic paddy is a racist term. Are the irish a race? Infact are the scottish a race? 

Also what is it with the spelling police around here. I have been pulled up in the past for it, usually when certain members dont like the point i am making and they will try and take a cheap snipe at spelling or punctuation instead making a valid counter point.

Most ppl in here usually make all kinds of spelling and grammatical mistakes. 

If you care massively about these minor details then a football message board probably isnt the best place for you.

5 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I dont think plastic paddy is a racist term. Are the irish a race? Infact are the scottish a race? 

Also what is it with the spelling police around here. I have been pulled up in the past for it, usually when certain members dont like the point i am making and they will try and take a cheap snipe at spelling or punctuation instead making a valid counter point.

Most ppl in here usually make all kinds of spelling and grammatical mistakes. 

If you care massively about these minor details then a football message board probably isnt the best place for you.

Why? I can care about more than one thing at a time. I felt it worthwhile to ridicule a racist both for being a racist and for being a thick cunt. In fact, it could be argued the two are related. All in all, a valuable contribution. So you can fuck off with your culture of inadequacy and celebration of ignorance.

8 hours ago, duncan II said:

Why? I can care about more than one thing at a time. I felt it worthwhile to ridicule a racist both for being a racist and for being a thick cunt. In fact, it could be argued the two are related. All in all, a valuable contribution. So you can fuck off with your culture of inadequacy and celebration of ignorance.

So you will be pulling everyone up on their spelling and punctuation?

If you do then we will never get round to discussing anything other than ppls inadequate spelling and grammar.

Also i repeat that the irish are arguably not a race. Are the scots a race? 

5 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

So you will be pulling everyone up on their spelling and punctuation?

If you do then we will never get round to discussing anything other than ppls inadequate spelling and grammar.

Also i repeat that the irish are arguably not a race. Are the scots a race? 

You should look up the definition of race if you’re unsure before deciding someone has the wrong point of view.

24 minutes ago, slasher said:

You should look up the definition of race if you’re unsure before deciding someone has the wrong point of view.

I have just looked up the definition of race. Not sure how the irish could be considered a race under the definitions i found online.

Do you think scottish is a race?

What makes you think irish is a race? Surely its a nationality rather than a race. Are the french or italians a race?

On 3/3/2023 at 11:45 PM, ger intae them said:

is Paddy racist…… or is it the material from which they are hewn that may cause offence?

😄 Yeah, it must be the word plastic that's causing so much offence.  I've yet to meet an Irishman that's been offended by Paddy.  I assumed it was just because of the one time dominance of that name in the country? 🤔 But hey, I'm probably an evil racist cunt too just for being naive enough to think that was the reason!

10 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I have just looked up the definition of race. Not sure how the irish could be considered a race under the definitions i found online.

Do you think scottish is a race?

What makes you think irish is a race? Surely its a nationality rather than a race. Are the french or italians a race?

Race can be defined by ethnicity, nationality or skin colour. I’m not sure what you were looking up online (1970’s attitudes maybe) but we can all find arguments to suit our narrative if we look hard enough.

I am not happy with MJ decision, but it is his decision to make. I would never, ever, represent any other country in the world except Scotland. If say, I was not good enough to play for Scotland, yet could play for Canada, I would not play at all.. I am Scottish, end of !! That too, is my decision.. Best of luck to MJ whatever he decides...

15 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I am not happy with MJ decision, but it is his decision to make. I would never, ever, represent any other country in the world except Scotland. If say, I was not good enough to play for Scotland, yet could play for Canada, I would not play at all.. I am Scottish, end of !! That too, is my decision.. Best of luck to MJ whatever he decides...

I think its a bit daft to say you wouldnt consider playing for another country. If i was 25/26 and not good enough to play for scotland then i would certainly consider playing for another country especially if there was a decent chance of getting to major tournaments.

Its a dream for young footballers to play at a euros or world cup. Mikey johnston is about to turn 24 and clearly knows he isnt going to get a chance with scotland so has taken an option most would take. 

Personally i wish him all the best. Hopefully he helps ireland out and plays well. Just not against us lol.